AYPsite.org Forum
 Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 "paradigm shift"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  5:42:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
In the first chapter of "Eight Limbs of Yoga" Yogani writes: "Now is the time to come to grips with the fact that the human nervous system is the center of all spiritual experience and of all divine bliss.... The sooner we get used to the idea that each of us is a direct gateway to the divine the better it will be for everyone."
http://books.google.com/books?id=fz...digm&f=false

I find that claim brave and revolutionary. For me looking at my Christian tradition through that lens, I have to get used to the idea that heaven and hell, the resurrection and "this world," Christ and Satan, fruits of the flesh and fruits of the spirit -- if they are real -- are all ways of expressing aspects, and capacities of the human nervous system. I have not heard many preachers preaching that. Some know it and are trying to get the word out. The Catholic Priest Henri Nowen seemed almost to get it when he said, "There is no life outside the body." If by "body" he includes the whole yogic body, the body in "union" where the inner/outer divide is transcended, his words speak to the process of getting used to the new paradigm.

What do you all think? Does the new paradigm make sense? Are you getting used to it? What does "getting used to it" mean to you?

Edited by - bewell on Feb 18 2011 5:52:33 PM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000