AYPsite.org Forum
 Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  06:38:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everybody,

Is this when a great shift to higher levels of consciousness occurs or Dooms day?

Just interested if anyone has any ideas on this subject.

And, Jo-Self, I read your post about singularity. Is the same thing? I loved the links you offered.

nirmal

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  6:08:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The year 2012 predictions are based on a bunch of stuff like the Mayan calendar end or change. I'm sure there are many other reasons that people think its significant, so there will many astrology, numerology, and other reasons given.

One thing we do know for sure is that it is an American election year, and lately the USA appears to be going through a developmental stage crisis, hopefully toward Formal Operational and not backward into infancy. So, 2012 may usher in some changes that, in this intertwined world, would effect other countries too.

I don't think it is related to the Singularity idea. The Singularity is thought to be capable of happening far later. In this FAQ the year given is 2020.

Personally, I think something is coming. I know not what. But, I've been feeling this for many years. We just need to keep our Heart open to Love to make it a good thing coming. I know it sounds dumb, but I'm a simpleton.
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  07:17:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jo-Self,

I did not read completly your post on "Singularity." Sorry for the goof up!

peace,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Scorpio1987uk

Virgin Islands (United Kingdom)
57 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  3:29:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This in my honest opinion is how the Mayans believed life to exist, so far their time calculations have been accurate. The steps of this hierachy of evolution are clearly represented in the steps of the pyramids they built, there will be a critical mass of people which will reach step 8 in 2012 if the mayan predictions are correct.

1. Cellular Evolution of cellular consciousness. The step by step evolution of the physical universe; galaxies, stars and planets; evolution of chemical elements and higher cells.

2. Mammalian Evolution of mammalian consciousness. Evolution of multi cellular organisms, sexual polarity, a continental structure and plant kingdom to support higher life forms, higher mammals.

3. Familial Evolution of anthropoid consciousness. Lemurs, monkeys, Australopithecans with the ability to walk upright and use tools. Organised as families.

4. Tribal Evolution of humanoid consciousness. Human beings who make complex tools and have rudimentary oral communication. Organised in tribes.

5. Regional Evolution of human consciousness. Homo sapiens with ability to make complex tools, spoken language, art, early religion. Organised in regional cultures.

6. National Evolution of civilized consciousness. Written language, major construction, historical religions, science, fine art. Organised in nations.

7. Planetary Evolution of global consciousness. Materialism, industrialism, Americanism, democracy, republics, elecro-technology. Organised in planets.

8. Galactic Evolution of galactic consciousness. Transcending material frameworks of life. Telepathy, living on light, genetic technology. Organised in galaxies.

9. Universal Evolution of cosmic consciousness. No limiting thoughts, timelessness. No organising boundaries.
Go to Top of Page

michaelangelo7

USA
89 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  7:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit michaelangelo7's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
there is a crop circle made by an unknown race, as most of them are, obviously some are hoaxed by humans here on earth... but this particular formation shows the planets in their orbits and position on dec 21 2012.. and then the next day the makers came back and had the size of the sun increased to the orbit of venus... almost double in size... also an S over the sun probably indicating pranava/cosmic sound emitting from the new sun.. and the numerous glyphs to the right indicating various races coming in on that day.

pictures of the crop circle can be viewed here from 54:23 onward

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zAMdYC80sE

most if not all material regarding 2012 is from humans here on earth who are just speculating... this is definitive and is given to us by an advanced race that knows what theyre talking about and are aware of what is about to take place

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2010 :  03:53:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is where I have to ask a question.

If advanced beings did this, then why bother with crop circles, why not just do a TV broadcast. Far simpler and guaranteed to get to wider audience. Actually, if it wasn't for the media most of us would not even realise crop circles were there in the first place, particularly the millions that live in cities around the world.

This is the same for UFO's. Heres a thing, we humans happily send out probes far and wide to collect information. An advanced civilisation would do more of the same. It was easy in the 50's to believe we needed little green men to fly a spaceship, but even humans with their limited space flight ability can use an unmanned vehicle, which is far easier than having to build an additional environment for living creatures. Remembering that anything with a biological body is a risky thing to send because of the phisiological and psychological problems that can occur.

So I don't buy the little green men and cloud vehicles. Neither do I think there will be anything special about 2012, just as there wasn't anything special about 2000. Time in this format is a purely human invention, it just happens that the Mayans calender ran out at that date.

As to higher consciousness ? Well you can work on that right now, there's no ned to wait for the planets to align.
Go to Top of Page

escapado

Germany
88 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  8:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I heard that a belt of photons is moving towards earth and is going to reach us about 2012
so it could be an energetic upsh*t
I don't really know what's going to happen or if there is something going to happen
Maybe we will make something happen and think that it was the date that made it special
But whatever will be I believe there WILL be some changes

Oh by the way you know what's funny? on 12/21/2012 I will turn 21 haha I love the way the digits fit so perfectly well :D However I'm not a big fan of stuff like this (just like that cult about the number 23) so let the things just come the way they want to

I just hope it ain't going to be something bad - because you never know...
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  8:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
BTW, from what I have heard.. 2012 has be postponed...
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010...e-postponed/
quote:
A new critique, published as a chapter in the new textbook "Calendars and Years II: Astronomy and Time in the Ancient and Medieval World" (Oxbow Books, 2010), argues that the accepted conversions of dates from Mayan to the modern calendar may be off by as much as 50 or 100 years. That would throw the supposed and overhyped 2012 apocalypse off by decades and cast into doubt the dates of historical Mayan events. (The doomsday worries are based on the fact that the Mayan calendar ends in 2012, much as our year ends on Dec. 31.)

The Mayan calendar was converted to today's Gregorian calendar using a calculation called the GMT constant, named for the last initials of three early Mayanist researchers. Much of the work emphasized dates recovered from colonial documents that were written in the Mayan language in the Latin alphabet, according to the chapter's author, Gerardo Aldana, University of California, Santa Barbara professor of Chicana and Chicano Studies.

Later, the GMT constant was bolstered by American linguist and anthropologist Floyd Lounsbury, who used data in the Dresden Codex Venus Table, a Mayan calendar and almanac that charts dates relative to the movements of Venus.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010...xzz1CZcT6jYx

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  9:38:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Who said the Mayan calendar ends? I'm going to risk making a fool of myself, but it's a circle right?
In what context does a circle have an end?
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  02:25:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Who said the Mayan calendar ends? I'm going to risk making a fool of myself, but it's a circle right?
In what context does a circle have an end?

It doesn't. Simply resets itself. 2012 just happens to be the date which starts the re-count.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  06:22:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That makes sense. The Mayans were very good with math and symbolism and astronomy. If you wanted to symbolize the end of the world to people way past your death, you certainly would not use a circle; you would use a line instead. Circles symbolize cycles, as you said.

And UFO's, I believe are so misunderstood because they belong to other dimensions. I think people who see them have shifted their mind to see another dimension, and that is why they are so hard to prove, even though sightings are very similar. So the aliens are not attempting to contact us. We are invading their space mentally.

Edited by - Etherfish on Jan 31 2011 06:29:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Yaming

Switzerland
112 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  11:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion 2012 is totally over hyped and so far I have not seen any convincing evidence that much is going to happen. It's even worse, wrong informations are released, so called "PhD" are summond to make it sound scientificaly. If you look for the history of the guy you find almost no paper he has published (which is not quite convincing that he has a PhD).
Today science is replacing religion. As long as the word "scientifically prooven" appears people are inclined to believe it. Why is that? Because it takes years of study to actually start understanding the material when it is presented to laymen society not many will be able to question it. That's why we have to trust them. It's like with the bible if no one else can read it who can question it? To stay fair, many people have the chance to get the education and actually question it -> not as bad as with the bible. And of course the biggest factor: Most of us are like sheep.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000