Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 fever dreams during DM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yaming

Switzerland
112 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  10:32:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,
about a week ago I had a good/bad meditation. I felt like I was really getting into it and then I started to have those "dreams" I used to have as a kid when I had fever. The dreams aren't really dreams. It's hard to explain. There are structures, like lines that are physically very close and I can't grasp them. They seem to move and they scared me when I was a kid. They were still scary but not as much as it was when I had the fever. Anyone knows what those structures are? It seemed to me that the mantra was somehow connected to them and that it appeared like I was on my mantra and on the structures at the same time. Well, if no one has an answer then it's just for other people for future reference.
Yaming

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  12:28:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear friend,

I don't want to kill your buzz but for your good sake best advise is just let it go it's scenery... Karma burning with unfathomable results... And you will have many much more experiences in the future... I personally have them in and out of practices a lot and if I am to focus on them or give them too much attention then that would be really unhealthy. Just let go and let God...

The only true signs in spiritual development are: Desire for Truth/strong bhakti ---> Inner silence ---> ecstatic conductivity ----> The blissful mixture of the three which results in the outpouring of divine love

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Yaming

Switzerland
112 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  3:23:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,
thanks for your reply. Of course I don't hang on to it. The only problem I had was that I couldn't seperate the mantra from those objects or whatever that was. Luckily it was a one time experience, I wanna have my peace with my mantra
Yaming
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  3:28:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well we all would like to... But I guess we can't have peaceful sittings all the time...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2011 :  5:35:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You should be careful about these, whether they are kundalini symptoms, you should learn to back away from additional meditation when you have them and perform more grounding until they go away, or until you feel comfortable with them.
If they are K symptoms as Yogani recommends you should learn to pace your practice and involve more in grounding.
Just a precaution.
Chris.
======
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  7:56:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yaming

Hi everyone,
about a week ago I had a good/bad meditation. I felt like I was really getting into it and then I started to have those "dreams" I used to have as a kid when I had fever. The dreams aren't really dreams. It's hard to explain. There are structures, like lines that are physically very close and I can't grasp them. They seem to move and they scared me when I was a kid. They were still scary but not as much as it was when I had the fever. Anyone knows what those structures are? It seemed to me that the mantra was somehow connected to them and that it appeared like I was on my mantra and on the structures at the same time. Well, if no one has an answer then it's just for other people for future reference.
Yaming

Wow, yes, I know exactly what you are talking about a sort of stark, ultra bold, angular/geometric images that seem almost violent and physical. Not had that during meditation only during times of illness as a child.

As has been said, it is just another part of the scenery that you will experience along the way and treat it the same.

Let the images come,and gently favour the mantra without trying to fight the images. Just have the mantra in the back ground and notice it, eventually the images will disappear although you might have several repeat episodes before they vanish and get replaced by some other weirdness that get s you hooked
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000