Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 perspective/understanding ghandi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  2:04:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hi

I am wondering today specifically if someone like Ghandi was a being who offered satsang? ( as I understand it today) I watched the Ghandi movie in partial and think he to have been a GREAT human being/leader/teacher.

was he just more political? or did he just evolve the way he evolved?

where was satsang in this time frame?

does anyone know or get what I am asking?

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  2:16:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can google this all out on the internet. I think my mind is trying to understand this.

Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  7:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think Gandhi ever considered himself a Guru, though he did practice meditation, fasting, prayers, and read various holy books. If you have a chance to read Gandhi's autobiography I think you'd find something a little bit closer to what you are looking for. In the movie they manly focus on the famous events in his life which were mostly political. In his autobiography he talks a lot more about how a person should conduct their day to day lives and his own spiritual beliefs.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000