Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 After a year of Kundalini chaos, a realization:
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

whitespy

Germany
12 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  09:01:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
After a chaotic year of Kundalini overload and mental instability, (awaiting salvation as well as fearing hell),
finally comes a realization,

like another AYP forum member put it:

"No matter what your state of consciousness, you continue to live in the world, and to act and react as a human being."

Normal, everyday life will go on.

Things will not be as bad or as great as one imagines.

"Respect the gods and the devils but keep them at a distance"
- Confucius.

Nothing is won, but also nothing is lost.

Great positive drama is ok, great negative drama is ok, but they are temporary, and most of the time my experience is between

- and I am increasingly interested in the "between".

- it is not neutrality nor numbness nor averageness or 50%

- now my practise is to be more curious about the "in-between" states.

After all, most of one's life is spent there...:-)

namaste
whitespy

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  10:41:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!!!

Thank you for sharing this.
Go to Top of Page

Coopdog

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  11:02:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, it is nice to finally come across a place where there are other people dealing with this kundalini madness :) So glad I am not the only one. So far in real life I have found "0" people with kundalini experience, and it has made me feel so isolated to have went through this.

Thanks for posting this

Peace and Love...
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  12:14:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
""Respect the gods and the devils but keep them at a distance"
- Confucius. "

I love it!

yes; the peace - the silence is the best part.

Edited by - Etherfish on Feb 16 2011 12:16:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  3:22:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When you stop being superstitious, when you stop "eating" the kundalini with your sense of self and your
deepest ego, then the madness immediately stops.

However your sense of self cannot be truly purified, until you are knocking on the door of enlightenment.

This is why all properly informed instructors (such as Yogani) recommend the most thorough of purification,
and do NOT recommend that one attempt to awaken Kundalini out of order.

Purifying the personality is in fact very easy, if you know how and have the Bhakti to do it. You don't
need an external guru. At most, you need one partner in spiritual practice to monitor you, and you can
monitor them.

Even one tiny superstition can corrupt your entire body electric.

For example, if you believe in god, and believe that you are becoming more like him/her
through becoming more enlightened.. then that is superstition.

Until you can view enlightenment as any other skill to be learned, such as being a plumber
or a writer, your consciousenss will be corrupted.

While such "god talk" was necessary thousands of years ago, it is now a poison. The reason that it
is a poison, is that nearly everyone conceives as god as an extension of their own ego.

Worship of god is nearly always worship of the limited self, and your dreams of what that limited
self might become.

It is shocking how few understand this. There are perhaps 5 things to keep in mind, to speed along
your practice. This being perhaps the second most important one.

Shakti Kundalini in fact, takes her cues from your own mind and emotions.

If you want to be an "X" -- whatever that is, she will dress up as that for you.

She is the siren who dresses up for you.

She has the power to keep you from enlightenment for the life of a universe.
She is not malicious, she is playful. She takes her cue from you.

When you stop all the games; when you stop assuming you know one damned thing
about one damned thing whatsoever; when you perfect the practice of "not this,
not that"; when your personality exists only to serve others; then she stops
her games, and the door to genuine enlightenment -- pure void full of everything
(shiva) becomes avaialable to you.

It is that easy.

What you hold back from your path, what you resist with, is the poison you will
cause yourself to drink for untold ages.

So stop doing it.

Even a fully enlightened person knows nothing about 'god', unless you call
Shiva, the One--god. That is acceptable, if you know who Shiva is and who
He isn't. Until you do, it is better to avoid words and assumptions about
these things; all such conjectures which have been floating around the human
group consciousness are pure poison.

Even the holy books of the Vedas, Tantras, Upanishads, Sutras and all the rest
should not be taken as precisely "literal" in the matters of the soul, the
spirit and god.

The inspired writers appear to have known... but knowing and explaing are two
very different things.

There is a reason that the void/One are called ineffable. They are.

Naked practice. Naked Bhakti. No superstition. No assumptions.
These can bring you to the door of enlightenment.

You must stand naked and alone, before the door of enlightenment;
stipped bare of skin, flesh, tendon, muscle and meat, and all
insistence upon how things are or should be,

or you will never become purified; you will never go through that
door to the One.

So many people are getting their asses kicked, for lack of extremely
basic information and knowlege about the enlightenment process.

Much of that information is to be found on this website, and no doubt
in Yogani's books.

However the most critical things need to go into one slim volume,
to act as a "cheat sheet". I see value in writing this.

I hope this quick note is of value to someone, who is needlessly
struggling. Altough struggling to do what is right does build
character; it is definitely not a waste.

One must build up a tremendous stamina,and count the cost, if
you truly wish for that door to open.

May the way open before you, with a minimal amount of bull-sh*t and ego poisoning,

Kevin Cann
Go to Top of Page

nodoubt

India
90 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  8:35:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
DOOD! That was awesome
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2011 :  11:40:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
hmm.. what do you do about mental madness ?
I started practicing SB and DM and it seems to help, really... and i know i need to do it in order to heal my psychosis (kundalini psychosis)
but just sometimes, quite a lot actually, i feel like the forces inside me are quite chaotic, and im talking about the mental-emotional aspect, beginning with the mental aspect.
Like it feel that there is too much running in your head and you can't find rest... it always seeking something.. a place in "between" somewhere, perhaps a place to settle down. I don't know what to do in those moments i'm going crazy ! with a big wish to just shut my mind down. because there is some much mixed in it and it not knowing what it really wants... choas.. suffering. It seems though that it got a little bit better (my mind and mental state) with these practices (SB & DM) those sometimes like i said i feel mentally overwhelmed...
What can i do about that ? Does it require more purification ?
Is there anything i can do with those moments of chaos when im in them ?
Thanks,
Shimon.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2011 :  12:22:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shimon,

Your mind "going crazy" is what most call the Ego. It is a runaway autopilot. The practices help "you" pay attention and disengage the autopilot. A question for you...

How many voices (or threads) do you have going on in your head during the day?

Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2011 :  1:10:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well its not like i hear "voices".. in a schizophrenic way.
I don't even have a "passive mind chatter" like i used to before kundalini psychosis. By passive i mean the ordinary condition of a mind chatter when you do not actively participate in it, but its just on its own. In my condition now there is no passive chatter. There are only thoughts when i actively participate and just actively think. The other times i perceive thoughts as an energy movement and i just know what this though is about... but not always... sometimes there is this movements in the head and i don't seem to get what they are about cuz it's a mix.... and the whole thing, when i try to explain to myself what happening to me, what i feel, and what is the reason, it is always that i'm not speaking from a direct experience but rather like im analyzing another person... so i have like to guess what is happening to me. And i don't even know what conclusions to believe really... the whole thing is very "weird"...
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2011 :  1:21:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
But in fact its like i don't have anything, or any thought or anything happening to me... that's from my direct experience.
Of course there are stuff and all, movements.. i don't know... but the question who have them ??
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2011 :  3:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
By voices (or threads), I had meant mind chatter. Little mind chatter and not being caught up in the thoughts is generally a positive sign, but your description sounds like you have an overall sense of detachment. As discussed in the other thread, spaceyness and detachment can be sign of spending too much time in your head...

You may want to consider cutting back for a while. Also, bring your attention lower. It should help.

Peace & Love.
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  01:48:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks ill consider that.
But the thing is that i had this detachment all the time before i even started to do the practices.. just when i did nothing about that.
Go to Top of Page

yanalroot

16 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  08:26:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Kevin Cann for the idea.
Go to Top of Page

naina_91

Azerbaijan
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  05:45:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That sure was some post Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000