AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Karma Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nataraja

11 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  11:16:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Could or does prematurely waking up kundalini mess about with one's karma?

i.e alter it's flow, course or direction.

I'm still a little or a bit confused about the role or play of karma specifically say how it might or could relate to "improper practice" in the broadest sense of that meaning.I've been pondering this one for a little while now ever since i found AYP, a couple of years ago..

Could someone just not be doing yoga right, i.e they lacked the right understanding, tool-base, knowledge-base or yogic/life knowledge or perhaps something deeper and more profound.

Have read somewhere that folk that may run into problems can have unusually high bhakti or spiritual desire, yearning etc.How does that stack up?.Are there (karmic or life) lessons that (still) need learning.

Hope this makes sense.Interested to hear your thoughts.If you want more clarification I'll do my best to explain what i think I am enquiring about.

Life seems to have an ebb and flow to it but it'srarely in any comprehensible straight line here. It just seems to go on & on. And at times i sometimes struggle to make much crazy sense of a certain amount of it. I don't try to comprehend or over analyze, mentalise etc as that does'nt tend to offer much if any illumination but i was just wondering.

P.S I get these lapses or periods of connection with the universe and other people and excitment of what life has to offer in the way of potential and then they feel sorely dashed and a slight nihilism creeps in.Its in the background like a shadow.Then the cynicism is there and the bhakti feels low.When i exchange energies with people, i recently had some woman trouble i got a positive interesting connection or exchange but then i also felt drained too as it took it's course and went on.Like an up and down kind of thing.One minute you are up and the next you feel a bit catatonic and vacant.All these externalities seem like mere distractions to the business of sadhana, to see your true Self..And it's like they are there as illusions if you (choose to) buy into them.

Like i make these off-line connections with people (prob no accident mind you) that freq. profess to be "spiritually interested" whatever that might mean and then I'm quickly seeing them as either shallow, insecure or a bit mixed-up.And then i'm forced to look at myself, again.But like i don't see anything.The silent witness/observer has went walkies.Prob. become entangled in my own web of delusions.But it's sobering.

I know this might sound a bit cryptic but it's the incomprehensibility that means reality as I see it is always tempered with this nihilistic streak.I remember some one who died a year ago saying they did'nt understand life; 'I can't make any sense of it, don't understnad it'. Like a bit like Kurtz at the end of 'Heart of Darkness'/'Apocalpyse Now'('the horror, the horror' were his last words etc,the demons within and all that, the apparent existential meaninglesssness of it all).

I remember one sadhu in India walking back from some mela festival on t.v saying when asked 'is yoga to end sufffering?', he did smoke ganja chillums though perhaps quite alot too but he said 'it's to understand suffering'. He also did some asana and all that too.He was part of some (sivaite?- not too sure)sect that smoked the weed.Interesting though.He had the loin cloth and few posessions and just appeared to wander about.An ascetic i think you might call him. Into austerities and bhakti and all that.

Edited by - Nataraja on Aug 07 2011 12:27:19 AM

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  12:12:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nataraja,

there is no real prematurely waking up kundalini. Only relatively looking, you can say it is prematurely. The physical system is not ready, the emotions are still too dense and chaotic, the mind is like 10 million minds etc. =P

But if you look at the cause of that awakening, you will see that there was no other option than to happen. The bigger the cause, the longer the kundalini activity will last. So if you awaken it by practices like AYP, even if it awakens, it won't go nuts forever =P And if there is a real big amount of past life causes, you most probably would have some "too much" k-activity right now.

If that is not the case, everything is pretty grounded and as dry as ever ;) then don't worry to dive into yourself. Any kundalini activity will cease the days you reduce or stop the practice.

There is also no real wrong choice or wrong doing. If it was so, then hey, who does it right? ;) You can always look back to the causes of your choosing and you will always see that there was no other option. This is physical gravity in action. The choice is not really in your hands. It is better to find out the truth for yourself, but if it helps till then: No worry, what happens happens and this perfectly.

love

PS: That nihilistic part dissolves in the bliss of self. Just clean some layers and see by yourself. Even if there is no sense in life, the bliss of self makes that aspect highly enjoyable aswell =) Some call it the outpouring of divine love.

Edited by - Holy on Aug 07 2011 03:16:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  10:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Body should be sufficiently strengthened before one really ventures into kundalini. But then again as Holy probably meant it is not a strict rule. As per vivekananda, if one desires a healthy/strong mind, body needs to be built well by eating nutritious food, doing hatha yoga etc. Because mind is a subtle part of the body.

I hope this helps part of your question atleast. (the only way to deal with the karma is to first stop building new ones. The challenge is then to keep going after the old ones while not building
new ones. Guess this is where the guru helps a sincere sadhaka.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000