Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 energy keeping me awake
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joyel

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  4:29:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
namaste all....i am new here....i have a question....when my boyfriend comes to visit...i somehow take on his energy....and i cannot sleep that night....he has active kundalini...does anyone know how to prevent this, or drain the excess so i can sleep at night....thank you
joyel

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  9:04:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
melatonin

Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  08:45:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joyel
i somehow take on his energy....and i cannot sleep that night....he has active kundalini...

Namaste Joyel,

Welcome to the AYP Forum, where the quality of the responses to various questions will vary widely.

I do not know how to prevent taking on your partner's energy. I even doubt it will be possible to prevent it. My suggestion is to learn to accept and even enjoy the energy. Here at AYP we generally think that such energy is a welcome and a positive force when received in a well of inner silence. To cultivate such inner silence we practice daily Deep Meditation (See Main Lessons on the left of this page).

As to how to deal with staying awake in the night, my suggestion, based on what I do, is to stay reclined in a sleeplike positions and relax.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

joyel

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  12:23:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you.....i will relax and breath through the night....it seems to be the only way. i can sleep on the nights when i don't see him....so i do get sleep. when i see him...it feels like i am plugged into an electric current, my hands and feet get hot and i don't sleep. more meditation..that is always the answer...again...thank you, joyel
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  2:33:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What works for me is over the counter "sleep aids" that have doxylamine succinate.
Go to Top of Page

xir

Ireland
25 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  5:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you have sex?
Go to Top of Page

joyel

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  09:47:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes....we usually do
Go to Top of Page

showup

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  1:26:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit showup's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The AYP DM should calm down your energy...if you perform it after your energizing process.

Edited by - showup on Aug 04 2011 1:33:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  1:54:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
is it recommended to do DM (or any kind of meditation) after sex ? or it is not a good option?
i always receive conflicting answers to that question.....
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  02:14:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Meditation after sex? is this a trick question?
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  03:14:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Osho recommends meditation after sex
other folks do not saying it is harmful!
Go to Top of Page

showup

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  12:28:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit showup's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

is it recommended to do DM (or any kind of meditation) after sex ?

Well, it depends on how good your body handles the energy or how good you can channel the energy into naadies. If the body is loaded with too much of energy it is a good idea to go for a DM. Having more energy is dangerous to one self as well as others unless otherwise it is properly channeled. If it is not done, it in fact harms the concern person and others. I came across a situation in which an energized person woke up early in the morning himself woke up others whom he thought of or interacted with (during the day time). This became a big problem for his neighbors of the concerned as none of them were able to sleep after 4.30 AM in the morning...So, a DM is a must if the energy level is too high irrespective of the time and situation.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  5:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

Osho recommends meditation after sex
other folks do not saying it is harmful!

If it is "harmful" I guess I am in big trouble, then. oh well, too late.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  02:38:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
personally my inner guru tells me it is good to meditate after sex
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  03:04:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I too think it does help meditating after sex but then again it varies from person to person some might end up dozing off...
Go to Top of Page

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  05:19:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Think "love, love love". If you are sensitive to someone else's energy you can easily convert it into positive energy. Direct it at the person, it can be really fun was you get the hang of it. The person usually sends positive waves back, it feels really really good. In my experience everyone's energy has a unique character to it.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  05:48:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Think "love, love love".

made me remember the lyrics of Queen and David Bowie ...in Under Pressure..the lyrics go like that :
Love love love love love
Insanity laughs under pressure we're breaking
Can't we give ourselves one more chance
Why can't we give love that one more chance
'Cause love's such an old fashioned word
And love dares you to care for...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNxU...ture=related
Go to Top of Page

joyel

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  9:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you all for replies......what is DM?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  9:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joyel

what is DM?

Deep meditation : http://www.aypsite.org/13.html

Sometimes we don't realize we are using abbreviations that many may not get. Sorry about that.
Go to Top of Page

joyel

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  10:18:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sorry for the question...i did search and found deep meditation...I Am.....ready to try anything, thanks
Go to Top of Page

Phaedris

USA
21 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  11:13:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've found that sleeping on the carpeted floor with just a thin mat underneath is often grounding enough to allow me to sleep.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000