Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Is this all abut kechari?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Burt Robin

Germany
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  3:38:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi
From reading this site for Kechari what I have to do is:
1)Cut the thin membrane connecting the tongue to base of mouth.I have a week of holiday coming up and I can cut it all in a day and let it heal over a week
2)Then put the tongue to the passage to nose and go as much as possible.This seems not to hard as well.

So if I do both as above then something mystical will happen.Right?

Thanks

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  4:15:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Burt Robin

Hi
From reading this site for Kechari what I have to do is:
1)Cut the thin membrane connecting the tongue to base of mouth.I have a week of holiday coming up and I can cut it all in a day and let it heal over a week
2)Then put the tongue to the passage to nose and go as much as possible.This seems not to hard as well.

So if I do both as above then something mystical will happen.Right?

Thanks

No, something mystical wont necessarily happen from doing kechari mudra any more than something mystical would happen from practicing meditation a few times. However, when a certain level of "readiness" has been reached, kechari will be incredibly energetically stimulating. If you're not feeling much energetic awakening already, kechari is not likely to have much effect. It all depends on where you're at already.

Edited by - Clear White Light on Jan 28 2011 4:21:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

gentlep

USA
114 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  1:38:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been doing kechari on and off for several years now and nothing mystical happened.
Go to Top of Page

Johanna

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  5:57:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Johanna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do not cut the membrane: STRETCH IT. There are excercises for this.
Get proper instruction from an authorized practitioner. I suggest Yogiraj, since he teaches how to stretch the phrenulum.

This is the "astral flight" mudra. Nothing happens until shakti takes your tongue up into the cavity behind the uvula FOR YOU. Cultivate shiva-shakti first. (performance of the first Kriya). A true yogi keeps his tongue in ketcheri all the time. It takes practice to accomplish this. It is the connection of under the tonque with the roof of the mouth that cause chemicals to be caught, and after much much much kriya practice, the amrit will begin to slip down the back of the throat. If this is happening and the tongue is not there, you waste precious amrit. Amrit does not drip until Shakti has crowned at the third eye center. Ketcheri is not experienced directly as beneficial until this occurs.

Edited by - Johanna on Feb 01 2011 6:58:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  7:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Johanna

Do not cut the membrane: STRETCH IT.

AYP includes cutting, if the practitioner is inclined to do so. You might read the lesson on Kechari here: http://www.aypsite.org/108.html

quote:

Get proper instruction from an authorized practitioner.

What do you mean by "authorized practitioner"? You do realize that this is not a Kriya based community, yes?

quote:

A true yogi keeps his tongue in ketcheri all the time.

Are you sure about this? How does a true yogi eat, drink, and talk?

Edited by - chas on Feb 01 2011 8:06:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

gentlep

USA
114 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  7:42:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by chas

quote:

A true yogi keeps his tongue in ketcheri all the time.

Are you sure about this? How does a true yogi eat, drink, and talk?

Also during sleep???

Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  7:48:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A true yogi surrenders, never forcing.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  01:49:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been doing kechari for several years. always do it during practice and frequently at other times. This is kechari stage 3 . I have explored stage 4 but not so interested at this time.
I have not experienced much "mystical" specifically from the tongue position but that said I couln't imagine NOT being able to do it anymore. Its just one more expression of who I am like opening my mouth, chewing, doing things with my hands etc. It helps deepen pranayama and meditation practice for me. Beyond that most of the "mystical" stuff that I hear is from people with no personal experience but who quote from some ancient scriptures.
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  5:21:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

when I entered kechari for the first time during pranayama, more then one year ago, something mystical actually happened: I got an erection right away!
From then on, I did it many many times, but nothing mystical ever happened again...

Hi Burt Robin, have I welcomed you recently on another place here..? Dunno.. So welcome to the forums!!

I'd advice you not to cut all at once. Perhaps it is theoretically not impossible to cut somehow surgically with success, but the gradual approach has been tested many times and works good. Do not hurry, please. One step at a time is a good approach.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000