Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 difficulty with spinal B
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  12:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've had very little progress with spinal breathing.

it's like i've been trying too hard.

I've had luck with other breathing exercises like the apana where you move prana to your root.

Does deep meditation purify the spine also?

is the energy from the root the same as kundalini or is it a sexual force?

I know i've had a kundalini awakening but it kinda started at my feet. within a few moments it was everywhere.

I know kundalini is ecstasy, is that the same as sexual force?

bit confused.

Joe

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  2:56:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Why do you feel that you have difficulty with it? Is there some specific reason that you find your experience to be difficult? I used to feel that I had difficulty with it as well, but that was mainly due to being preoccupied with the visualization aspect of the practice. When I am content to simply trace my awareness up and down my spine, I find it to be highly effective.
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  1:04:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for your question.

I feel like i am forcing it, trying too much.

Also I have only rarely got any result, some ecstatic feeling.

I think i'm sabotaging the practice.

I also feel like i have a negative association with my sexuality which is tending towards avoiding this area entirely.

I have just recently toned down my practices, with one exception: now i only do DM with the First enhancement.

It seems to me that kundalini is already awake and I have had some negative experiences of that too.

I am very much concentrating on stabilising inner silence, when I have an energy experience it seems to comprise ecstasy and bliss so maybe Kundalini is following along too :)

It's all very complex, I'm dealing with a mental illness and self pacing of practices.

But i am having some great results, maybe as I get more silence i will pick SB up again.
I'm still early in my journey.

Joe
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  11:36:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Joseph,

It's good to keep Spinal Breathing going, even if it is only for a few breaths before your meditation practice. It keeps the habit up.

Spinal Breathing is a very gentle practice, so there is no need to force anything. You breathe gently, and allow your attention to flow gently with the breath. Nothing to it really. There is no need to feel anything, or experience anything, or get any expected result imagined by the mind. If you are doing that then you won't be able to focus on the practice.

Kundalini is not an energy in itself, it is a particular awakening of and expansion of prana in the body. As this expansion happens there can be sexual feelings associated with it. There can also be many other experiences that go along with it such as the opening of the heart. The key is not to get caught up in the experiences along the way, but to focus on the destination.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  2:30:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for that.

my pranayama is actually going quite well now, after some adjustment of attitudes. i find it difficult for my attention to flow tho, i imagine it will improve

JOe
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  3:54:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JosephUK
my pranayama is actually going quite well now, after some adjustment of attitudes.

Thanks for the good news.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000