AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Very Interesting Experience
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  12:54:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi friends,

I had an anomalous experience recently that I'd like to share to see if anyone has had a similar experience. (I wasn't sure where to put this topic so if it needs to be moved please do)

As a part of the unfoldment of my path through the k, I've been healing and fixing all the deep core obstructions over the past year or so. So this is something I focus on everyday, it is one of my top priorities in practice.

Recently, an obstruction (yes physical, but of course, also energetic and emotional) just "popped" out all of a sudden. It wasn't a release like you would find with a treatment, like massage, asana, or acupuncture, but rather a consequence of those things. So one moment it just was ready to pop out.

Immediately there was an extreme change of consciousness and tactile sense throughout my body. The release, however, felt fantastic and I could tell that it was a healthy adjustment.

But the situation soon changed, and I could feel a familiar sensation. Panic.

I had constant and extremely severe panic attacks for about two years years ago. I haven't experienced one in a decade, however.

In this case, there was no emotion, no mental activity, that led to the panic attack. It was simply a chemical release. Very mechanical.

It was an incredibly severe panic attack, probably as intense as any I had ever experienced before. It went on for a couple of hours.

Throughout it all, I never lost my head and was able to ride it out without an issue. It did, however, takes it's toll as it was very debilitating.

I found this very interesting, and I can't help but suspect that the panic attack was an echo or a reference to my earlier issues with panic disorder. Somehow I just needed to experience a pure, unprovoked panic attack again, I suppose.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on this matter. Have you had an experience like this, where an unprovoked trauma briefly reappears as a part of healing?

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  12:58:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had something happen that sounds somewhat similar about a week after the PA retreat. Posted about it here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=8644#74463

Love!
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  1:11:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That sounds like it was an intense experience Carson!

I can identify with that experience for sure. It's good to know I'm not the only one who has experienced this sort of thing.

The experience I was writing about stood out as strange to me because normally when I have a release like that it would be more similar to what you described. In this case, there was absolutely no emotion involved, it was physical and pranic, but without emotional content.
Chemicals were released by my body, but not as a consequence to a thought or emotion, but rather as a response to a physical adjustment near L5.

I never cease to be surprised by the body!
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  2:31:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Your experience is fascinating.

it reminds me of when i was practicing yoga nidra and i focussed on feeling the sensation of fear. I found fear in bucket loads and it was powerful, my heart was palpitating and my breath changes. I lay focused on the yoga and just feeling fear for almost half an hour. It was like i was processing emotion from a deep place in my mind.

It seems the more we can be the witness of our emotions the more we can master them and heal things like panic attacks.

I hope it was a healing experience for you

Joe
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  12:54:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, living as the witness is all about perspective.

Witness is a more ultimate perspective on our incarnation, which is opposed to, for example, an emotional perspective which is very limited and finite.

By experiencing our lives through a more Witness-y state, we are not as affected by the body and the more dense forms of reality.

This was a healing experience for me, at least in the physical aspect. In an emotional or more etheric sense, it was less about healing and more about passing a test.
Go to Top of Page

Evannon

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  09:14:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed, an interesting experience! And your analysis of it makes perfect sense in accordance with my own experiences. Doing this type of work - silently witnessing, becoming more aware of our inner conductivity - inevitably release old emotions. That is certainly the theory behind vipassana "as taught by S.N. Goenka" as well: he calls them "sankaras." Old emotions, pains, even traumas, that we're still carrying in our bodies. As we purify this "body" or "energy system" (my groped-for term, not Goenka's) and those old experiences release, we often re-experience them on a conscious/emotional level. If you can maintain the witness through the re-experience, you're really letting it go! NICE!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000