Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 spinal breathing and other pranayama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  02:32:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello everybody
2 days ago i started spinal breathing...
i used to do 30 mn per day of kapalabathi and analoma viloma
should i stop those 2 pranayama when i do spinal breathing?
thank you
maheswari

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  08:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maheswari,
Welcome to the AYP forums.

Yes, I would suggest stopping the kapalabathi and analoma viloma for a few weeks and see what the effects of spinal breathing are. How well you can handle it. If it is causing any overloads etc. Then in a few weeks, if you feel you are comfortable with spinal breathing, you can add kapalabathi back for a few min. Then increase the practice time for kapalabathi slowly keeping an eye out for overloads. If any of it feels too much, back off kapalabathi again... like that we try to self pace practice to go with a comfortable and smooth practice routine.

Analoma viloma gets replaced by spinal breathing really, but if you enjoy that practice and would like to continue, then do the same with this as I have explained with kapalabathi above.

Add one practice (spinal breathing first) at a time, get comfortable with it, get it fine tuned to what feels comfortable, then slowly add the next.. go to what feels comfortable and then add the next practice.

Hope this helps.

Wish you all the best!!!

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  02:12:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank u Shanti for both replies
really appreciated them
maheswari
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000