Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Kechari Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wayne

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  12:37:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've finally stretched my frenum enough (without snipping) that I'm sure I can go into Stage 2 kechari if I try. Before I do so I'm wondering if going into Stage 2 could drive someone who is a sensitive meditator into energy overload. Has this been a problem for anyone? I know I could just do it and see what happens but I thought I'd ask first since I'm one of those people who gets a strong effect from each new practice. Wayne

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  2:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wayne and welcome to the forums

In my experience, the energetic effects of Kechari are in direct proportion to the amount of kundalini flow already happening. This may not be the way it is for everyone, but that's the way it is for me. So, if you already have a lot of energetic flow happening and you are having to be careful about energetic practices in general, Kechari stage 2 may be too much. Are you practicing Kechari stage 1 during your practices already? What do your practices consist of and how long have you been practicing?

Again, welcome to the forums...happy to have you here.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Wayne

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  7:57:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CarsonZi and thanks for the reply. I have previous experience in meditation and breathwork (Rebirthing) from years ago but I've been practicing AYP about 3 months. I'm doing 10 minutes of SB and 20 of DM and one round of samyama. That is stable. At first I was just going by feel and not timing myself and would sometimes end up doing things for too long (I really enjoy it). I've learned the hard way to not exceed those times unless I want my friends to think I'm on something. I sure didn't mind the strong feelings of love for everyone though (when I overdid it), it's something for me to look forward to down the road. I'm also doing mula bandha and sambhavi and stage one kechari. I'm pretty sure I've got plenty of connectivity as I definitely feel a surge when I hit a certain spot in front of the uvula, further back than where the hard and soft palates meet. That's the spot I use. I tried Yoni Mudra Kumbakha and boy I was seeing all kind of colors and flashing lights with my eyes open or closed for the next two days. My mind would go into meditation mode on it's own whether I wanted to or not and my third eye was vibrating. This is what I was thinking of when I mentioned a strong reaction to new practices. I think I'll leave the Yoni Mudra alone for quite a while. Reading over this I see the answer to my own question, that I am pushing ahead too quick so I will just stay at the level I am and leave Kechari Stage 2 alone for now. It sure sounds like something to look forward to though!
I really appreciate the work Yogani and the AYP members are doing and hope to do my part in the future. Wayne
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  06:13:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wayne and welcome to the forums,

I'd say that what you describe sounds like you're going through a period of rather wild spiritual unfoldment. Your response to practices seems to be strong at this point. But this is my perspective, of course. It all really depends on what we are able to navigate safely and willing to tolerate. When I compare your pace of adding practices to what I've been doing during my first 3 months, you are proceeding fast. So just be gentle with yourself and do not hurry

P.s.: Finally someone with breathwork experience here I've been doing holotropic b. for some 4 or 5 years.

All the best!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000