Enlightenment Milestones
 If
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  5:44:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Just had this realization.

If I want anything to continue, I am going to be disappointed

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  6:07:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Yep!!!
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  6:09:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
eventually all things come to an end.

even smiles
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  6:19:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

_/|\_

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  6:27:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
do you think that means that I should not read here?

because that seems like a pretty loaded statement from where I sit.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  6:31:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What sounds like a loaded statement Sagebrush?
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  6:33:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the original statement from Yonatan.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  6:35:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sagebrush

do you think that means that I should not read here?

because that seems like a pretty loaded statement from where I sit.

And what in that first statement makes you feel that he is asking you to not read here?

PS: Not trying to be mean here, just trying to understand. From what I read, I see only loving in those words. Hence my query.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  6:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh!!!

I love you sagebrush!!!

It was not intended towards anything about you, it was my thoughts about things I realized for myself that I wanted to share with everybody!!!

I love you
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  6:44:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think he is asking me to not read here.

I think the statement triggers inside me something than more than a simple statement.

maybe it is a mood thing for me..

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  6:50:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ahh... sorry I misunderstood. My bad.

When he says "If I want anything to continue", he means, in life we "wish" our family stays together forever, and "I" have a job forever, and "I stay is a state of happiness/bliss" forever and "I" have the forums forever, and I have things in my life go like it is going on now forever.
But if I stay with the idea that everything must stay as it is, and nothing should change, I will be disappointed. Things will change as it does, and we have to accept it and move on.
My favorite lines from the Geeta:
"Since every situation, of its own nature, must keep on changing, it would be foolish to get ourselves upset at every change noticed. It is the attitude of the wise to go through life, both in joy and sorrow, in success and in failure, in pain and in joy, with constant awareness:"Even this will pass away"...(The Holy Geeta-Commentary by Swami Chinmayananda)."
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  6:58:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes, thanks I have read something similar or learned something similar from some other text probably passed down from family...this too shall pass..

with my emotions, my son has left the room...he was reading as I am on the computer...and that is what I need to tend to...

I get too busy in my can of worms....

just go breath....is what I am going to do...calmly

and that too will end one day.

Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  6:59:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
or maybe calm starts one day
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  7:13:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
((((HUG))))
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  7:51:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Yes thanks Shweta
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000