Enlightenment Milestones
 Between points.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  08:00:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I don't know quite how to describe where I am at.

There is a place/feeling that is like a womb, it is awareness and yet that is not how I can describe it. Something beyond awareness. A bit of self enquiry and it came back 'that that is absent, that that is constant'.

It's there with me all the time now and I can connect to it. Like two worlds, or maybe a feeling like being asleep in one world. This makes the world I experience somehow less, not real at all yet still there.

This other world seems an infinity of distance away and yet no distance at all. It feels comfortable and natural.

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  08:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ki karl,

The first word that came to my mind after reading your words was "thrilling." Does it feel that way? It sounds like a wonderful experience.

lpl,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  2:04:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nirmal

Ki karl,

The first word that came to my mind after reading your words was "thrilling." Does it feel that way? It sounds like a wonderful experience.

lpl,
nirmal

Not a thrill. It's difficult to explain, when I'm with it there is nothing, a deep unconscious sleep, like dipping into the event horizon of a black hole, all thought and matter is obliterated on one level yet everything still continues around me. When emerged there is a feeling of total calm and peacefulness which could be described as bliss.

It draws like strong gravity and I can rest in it and with it. I don't think I am totally there with it, just connected to it, it doesn't interfere and feels like home.

Edited by - karl on Jan 24 2011 2:07:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  5:46:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Something like this Karl?
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6729
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  5:55:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  03:46:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I suppose the e I was feeling was thrilling when I read your words!!! I hope to experience this someday.

Love,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  03:53:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl
Between points.

I call this Echoing.

Before one becomes a buddha there is a period, a gap, an interval. Between the ordinary, unconscious human being and the conscious buddha, there is a small gap when you are no longer unconscious, no longer in your old patterns and structures, when the old gestalt has disappeared but the new has not appeared yet.

It is just the moment before the sunrise: the night has gone, the last star has disappeared, but the sun has not risen yet. It is all light, the darkness is no more there, but is a very diffused light because the sun has not risen yet. Those few moments are the moments when a person is called a BODHISATTVA, one who is ready to become a buddha at any moment. Any moment the horizon will become red and the sun will rise. It is not far away, it is just close by; the last star has disappeared, there is no trace of the night anywhere. In the East this particular interval of time is called SANDHYA. Sandhya means the in-between time.

The Heartbeat of the Absolute (Chp 16)
http://www.balbro.com/heart/

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  04:29:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Like two worlds, or maybe a feeling like being asleep in one world...

Oh yes!

This is a beautiful moment. You are almost in a state of limbo, hanging between two worlds, two totally different worlds. If you are not with a master, you may fall back to the old pattern, because at least there was something to cling to, to hold to. At least you knew something. It may be only knowledgeability, but something was there that you knew. Now you know nothing, nothing in particular.

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  12:01:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

quote:
Like two worlds, or maybe a feeling like being asleep in one world...

Oh yes!

This is a beautiful moment. You are almost in a state of limbo, hanging between two worlds, two totally different worlds. If you are not with a master, you may fall back to the old pattern, because at least there was something to cling to, to hold to. At least you knew something. It may be only knowledgeability, but something was there that you knew. Now you know nothing, nothing in particular.

Yes, that is it. It appears in a state of permanance, always there. It is almost persistent meditation. There is also a feeling of this being instantaneous, time no longer seeming to be linear just one single moment in which everything happens and has happened, the illusion seeming to stretch and distort that single point until it gives the impression that there is time in the space.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  01:03:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Yes, that is it. It appears in a state of permanance, always there. It is almost persistent meditation. There is also a feeling of this being instantaneous, time no longer seeming to be linear just one single moment in which everything happens and has happened, the illusion seeming to stretch and distort that single point until it gives the impression that there is time in the space.

Beautiful.

How do you sleep now? Do you dream/become unconscious when asleep?

Any change in the way you make movements of your body parts... like picking something with your hands, walking etc..?

The way you eat/drink?

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  3:29:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

quote:

Beautiful.

How do you sleep now? Do you dream/become unconscious when asleep?

Any change in the way you make movements of your body parts... like picking something with your hands, walking etc..?

The way you eat/drink?

Not noticed anything paticular.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000