Enlightenment Milestones
 The Joy of being an AYP instructor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  5:37:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste All....

I have been teaching official AYP classes for about 1 year now. I've taught around 80 or 90 or so individual AYP classes this year. But only recently have I begun to see what a truly humbling and beautiful experience/opportunity this is.

I want to share a few short stories with you that illustrate why being an AYP instructor is such a blessing and hopefully inspire some of you to consider getting into a teaching role.

Yesterday I taught the 6th class in an 8 class AYP Level 1 series. The students in this class are, well, words really can't describe them.... I feel humbled and grateful that I can instruct this group of people in the AYP practices. They are all practicing daily, they are filled with questions and bhakti and love, and they are all really quite a joy to teach. None of them had ever meditated before and only 2 of them had ever done yoga postures before taking this AYP class. Yesterday was the 6th lesson in the series which is a lesson on what Kundalini is, the marriage of Silence and Ecstasy, and Siddhasana. But before getting into the lesson, I open it up to questions that any of the participants have. As I opened the class up yesterday one fellow asked about some sensations he is getting at the crown when he does SPB. He said he was feeling like his brain has been taken out of his head and that there is air flowing in through the top of his head. In sharing this, another student almost lept off of her mat saying "I recognize that feeling!! I get something like it in my throat and chest when I am meditating! My heart kinda feels like it is a balloon being blown up from the inside!" Then another girl started talking about witnessing her thoughts and how she would normally be deeply engaged with them but is now finding that there is so much silence inside that everything seems to be "just happening," and how her life is filled with joy now. Hearing the students relate their experiences, the changes they are going through in their daily lives, and how grateful they are to have found AYP, makes my heart swell to enormous proportions. I don't feel "special" for instructing them, I am just filled with gratitude for being able to share AYP with them and watch them grow and open.

Then, today, I had a student call me on the phone. She's done both the Level 1 and the Level 2 classes and she has been practicing AYP for almost a year now. She is very open, but has been going through some difficult times in her marriage, trying to figure out if she should stay in it or leave, and has been struggling to find peace. She called me today, laughing and crying at the same time saying "I get it.... I see it all now.... everything is so, so CLEAR. I know exactly where I am now. I can't put words to it, but I am HERE now." I could feel the shift in her even through the phone. She had OPENED. She explained how she is no longer concerned with leaving or staying in her marriage, she is no longer worried about potentially having to move out of the country with a husband she doesn't feel particularly spiritually connected to, she said that everything made perfect, wordless sense. There was surrender in her voice and there was so much Love oozing from her that it made me cry....and laugh...and cry and laugh at the same time.

I can't imagine how Yogani must feel watching so many people coming "Home" using the AYP system. There must be so much sheer gratitude every moment of every day that just trying to imagine it makes my heart want to shatter into a million pieces. There is so much humbling beauty in being an AYP instructor that I am having serious difficulty putting it into words right now. The only thing that I've ever experienced that even remotely rivels the beauty of watching someone completely open up is watching my daughter be born (and begin to grow up).

I really can't thank you enough Yogani for giving us such an amazingly effective set of tools. Seeing people transform and open and become Love is so beautiful and humbling. Thank you, thank you, thank you. _/\_

Love and prostrations,

swaha

Lebanon
88 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  6:36:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
like someone once said "teaching is the best way to learn"
beautiful sharing..
only reading it opens up the heart..

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  7:17:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful, thank you Carson

(hug)
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  8:56:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson! Your report describes experiences well beyond what I expected when I started reading your post, but looking back after reading, it all seems to fit. Awesome!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  10:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson:

It is very humbling for me to see what so many are doing with my feeble sharings. Whatever is of value is coming from beyond.

It is obviously awakening in all of us.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  11:47:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"feeble sharings" Ha ha funny!
Go to Top of Page

Rattan

South Africa
41 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  02:17:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  02:48:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing this, brother. This touched my heart. Very beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  07:35:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson, your beauty comes though in this post too ya know?
Thank you for sharing. _/\_
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  10:36:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thank you so much for sharing so beautifully Carson

quote:
I have been teaching official AYP classes for about 1 year now. I've taught around 80 or 90 or so individual AYP classes this year. But only recently have I begun to see what a truly humbling and beautiful experience/opportunity this is.

Yes. It never stops to amaze me - the beauty of the work.
How endless the potential of awakening really is. And when something opens, grows, blossoms, bears fruits, spreads its seeds and then give its final gift in dying to the ground only so that the circle can begin again - the strongest feeling/wisdom I am left with too is...that it is incredibly humbling. In awe I am.

It is - and has been - a joy to witness your journey here on the forum over the months/years Carson, now focused through the teaching. Your openness is such a blessing.

Working together on the AYP retreats in USA and Canada in 2011 (and hopefully beyond) will be amazing - there will be so much learning in it for me on all levels. I feel blessed to have you as a collegue

Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  5:05:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson,

You are an inspiration...your openess, your authenticity, your passion and the embracing of what IS...just amazing...

Hope to be joining you soon in the joy of spreading the Silence _/\_

Namaste Brother
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  12:00:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Inspiring story.Thanks for sharing!!!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  01:55:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

My heart is very grateful for this sharing.

namaste dear brother(f)
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2010 :  10:15:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys

Am just hoping that by sharing how much joy is experienced in sharing the AYPractices, that I could inspire others to step into a teaching/leader role themselves....either formally or informally. Being witness to the unfolding of others is truly an honor and a priviledge. Seeing others, right before your eyes, experientially opening to Life in ways you could only previous hope for, is a really special and humbling experience, rivaled by very little.

@Yogani: "feeble sharings"????? Uh... yeah. Hahahaha

Thanks again for all the kind words everyone. Hopefully we can each have the opportunity to write a post like this from personal experience. Keep sharing!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  10:01:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
awesome! very inspiring
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  05:20:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great work Carson!

This AYP teaching program, is that something you created yourself or is it endorsed by Yogani? I.e. what is level 1, level 2?? Are you able to give a more detailed description of the curriculum?

Would love to teach (and learn) someday, but I'm not ready yet. Just realised that after 5 years I'm still only up to lesson 108. Maybe that's going too slow?? LoL.

Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  10:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Come on Carson, share with us the curriculum, maybe it will help others here follow in your footsteps.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  10:22:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chiron

Sorry, I missed your Dec 14th post. Please forgive my tardy reply.

The AYP teaching program I am using is indeed endorsed by Yogani, and is something I compiled myself, but I wouldn't say that I "created" it. If you send me an email I will attach the Levels 1 and 2 lessons for you to read through and use as you see fit.

Again, sorry for the tardy reply, have been extremely busy here over the past 3 or so months and I have not been able to keep up with the forum like I used to be able to.

Love!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000