Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 Difficulty in Nauli Kriya and Pashchimottasana...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  12:05:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I use to do physical exercise, few yoga asanas and bandhas for last 6 months in following order:

1. Neti Kriya (Nasal Cleansing using water)
2. Push Ups
3. Padmasana (Lotus Pose)
4. Siddhasana with spinal breathing (Perfect Pose)
5. Shirshasana (Headstand Pose)
6. Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand Pose)
7. Matsyasana (Fish Pose)
8. Bhujanagasana (Cobra Pose)
9. Chakrasana (Wheel Pose)
10. Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
11. Paschimottasana (Forward Band Pose)
12. Mula Bandha (Root Lock), Jalandhar Bandha (Chin Lock) and Udiyana Bandha (Abdominal Lock) (All three Locks: Bandha Traya)

Here, I live outside India and have no Yoga instructor. I learn yoga in these ways”

1. Reading “Yoga instruction books” on Yoga by Swami Sivananda (a grest
2. Watching Yoga practices on youtube by great Indian Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev
3. Reading various articles online on Yoga Forums, Yoga website etc. on internet

Now, for all the above listed postures, I am very comfortable. I am also experiencing inner strength after adding these practices in my morning schedule.

But…I am not being able to perform “Nauli Kriya (Navel Cleansing)” even though I try to do it. I perform Udiyana Bandha but how to get abdominal muscles in middle, then left and then right is all difficult for me. Also Paschimottasana is being difficult as I can not touch my toes with my hands in forward band position while the legs are fully stretched.

Please tell me how to get mastered in “Nauli Kirya” and “Paschimottasana”. Will it come naturally while practicing Abdominal Lock ?

Regards,

Satchitanand

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  12:33:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Satchitanand,

Welcome to AYP Forum and I hope you have gone through the main lessons here..if not please do see the following link http://www.aypsite.org/129.html

And adding meditation to your practice will help a lot and hree is the link to it http://www.aypsite.org/13.html and ofcourse SPinal breathing Pranayama will help you since you are doing the bandhas but for time being try simple Spinal breathing Pranayama then add the bandhas..I hope this helps and Others would suggest more!

Love n Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  1:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Vijikr !

Thanks for your comment. Let me go through the links you provided.

Regards.
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  1:35:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All the best to you in your spiritual path and May you see the divine light and have Eternal Bliss!

As for difficulty in doing any asanas please note that its usually said do the stretch in way which is comfortable to the body and no need for extreme or much pain be easy with it!

May You Experience Eternal Bliss!

Edited by - vijikr on Jan 22 2011 2:17:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  10:57:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Satchitanand

First, like vijikr suggested, I recommend that you add Deep Meditation into your practice set.... Deep Meditation will bring more lasting peace to your life then any asana practice could ever hope to.

Second, I would not recommend doing Spinal Breathing during your asana practice. In my experience it is best to maintain a controlled breath during asana practice, but to separate asana from pranayam and pranayam from meditation....each practice done in succession.

Third, with regards to Paschimottanasana...I suggest trying Uttanasana instead.... Try getting into Uttanasana like this:
-Stand up straight to begin (tadasana)
-Place your hands on your hips
-Keeping the back very straight, bend at the hips (not at the waist) until the torso is parallel to the floor (make sure that you have a micro bend in the knees here to ensure that you aren't hyper extending them)
-Once the torso is parallel to the floor, drop the hands/arms and let them just hang there.
-Now drop the head and hold no tension in the neck.
-Next, begin to lean forward/fold in, putting a bit of extra pressure in the balls of the feet (not so much that the heels lift off the floor, but keep more pressure in the balls of the feet and less pressure in the heels)
-Now begin to work the torso more vertical, so that eventually you are looking directly into the shins and the head is well below the heart (try to keep the back as straight as possible).
See if this helps to stretch things out a bit better.

Lastly... Nauli Kriya. I may not be the best at explaining this as it came very naturally to me (I have been sucking in the belly and isolating the abdominals since I was 3 or 4 years old....not knowing that it was a "yoga move" or even knowing that yoga existed at this time of my life) but I will try my best.

The trick to Nauli (in my opinion) is learning to isolate the abdominals....once that is easy, the "spinning" is not that hard to figure out. I will try to explain the movements that happen naturally here and see if it helps you figure out how to do this. First, make sure that your stance is correct.... feet should be a bit wider then shoulder width apart and you should have the legs bent like you are sitting in a chair, hands braced on the tops of the thighs/knees and the torso should be leaning forward a bit...chin should be slightly tucked (Jalandhara). Once you are fully into Uddiyana Bandha and the breath is completely outside the body, round the back just slightly, tuck the tailbone (rotate the bottom of the tailbone towards the front of the body) and allow the shoulders to "round" a bit. As you do the above described, "rounding of the back," just try pushing the stomach muscles out while still sucking the stomach in. This is how you isolate the abdominal muscles (or at least is my best attempt at describing how I do it.)
(Note: The stomach muscles are not really involved in Uddiyana Bandha... the sucking in is mostly done with the breath and pulling up of the diaphragm... this is why the stomach muscles can be used to go in what may seem like the opposite direction of Uddiyana... seemingly going both in and out at the same time)

Hope this helps, and again, really give some consideration to adding Deep Meditation at the end of your asana practice.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  11:19:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent instruction CarsonZi!
If I ever get up to Canada I'm taking a class from you!
Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  12:36:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CarsonZi !

Thanks for your detailed explanation and guidance. Just like machart, I too admire it. And yes...sorry for the delay in reply.

Let me try your instruction. And if I remain with some doubt, I will seek your advise.

Regards,

Satchitanand
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  04:45:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello Satchitanand
i am a sivananda hatha yoga instructor...i can help u out especially in asanas...
asanas sould be done in a specific order...you should do them as follows:
(basic 12 asanas pose in a sivananda class)
sun salutations (for warm up)
1-Shirshasana (Headstand Pose)
2.Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand Pose)
3.Halasana (plow)

Chakrasana (Wheel Pose) (optional)

4. Matsyasana (Fish Pose)
5.Paschimottasana (Forward Band Pose)
6. Bhujanagasana (Cobra Pose)
7.Salabasana (locust)
8. Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
9.Spinal twist (Ardha Matsyendrasana)
10.Crow (Kakasana) or Peacock (Mayurasana)
11.Standing forward bend (Pada Hasthasana)
12.Triangle (Trikonasana)
for Paschimottasana ...it is not important to grab the toes...just keep ur knees straight and let ur arms rest wherever they reach...stop the pushing and pulling...focus on the breath...each time u exhale your abdoman has to go in so u can go deeper down...use ur breat especially the exhalations....
good luck...and remember that yoga is not really about how perfect is the physical asanas ...it is more about inner steadiness...
maheswari
Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  12:47:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maheswari !

Thanks for your kind instructions. I just saw your post, but for last two days, I have little fever and not doing yoga for last two days.(this is also part of life).

So, Please excuse me. I will go through your instructions and yes...please acknowledge my reply because I have to ask you something more.

Please stay connected.

Regards,

Satchitanand
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  06:16:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Satchitananda
i will stay connected....bring all your questions will be more than happy to answer them
give your body all the rest it needs...no rush
with Prem
maheswari
Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  08:10:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maheswari !

I am back on the discussion. Well...I got your instructions. And will try to go with them. Actually I am nearly doing them in the same way because I had read "Kundalini Tantra", "Practice of Bramhacharya", "Shree Krishna" and other spiritual books from Swami Sivananda Saraswati and Swami Satyananda Saraswati.

Here, what I want to ask you is related to yoga training, giving life to yoga and imparting this knowledge to others as well. The subject of the topic is changed but the interest is the same. Yes, I know you have sensed me.

Let me first introduce myself. I am an Indian male of aged 31 still unmarried and living abroad (in East Africa) with my elder brother, sister-in-law and two nieces (their daughters). My parents live in India.

We are running a business here in joint but I feel that I am heartily interested in Yoga and find myself happy when I get even little chance to talk to someone on spirituality. When I see people engaged too much in materialistic life, I do NOT condemn them but I myself do NOT find any pleasure in materialism.

Here, in Africa, I do NOT get anyone to share my feelings. People are westernized and nobody (at least those whom I know) is interested in spiritual talks. I notice all are rushing and rushing and seeking for more and more pleasure in worldly things.

I understand the meaning of “Karma Yoga” and also understand that one should be engaged in selfless Karma and should work to fulfill basic necessities of life, and serve humanity thus giving life for some higher purpose.

I seek pleasure in devotion to god and devotion to humanity. I always read “Bhagvad Gita” and devote myself to lord Krishna.

I am very much influenced by the teaching of Swami Sivananda and his disciples Swami Satyananda Saraswati, Swami Sitaramananda, Swami Niranjananda and Swami Vishudevanada. I regularly get emails from swamisita@sivananda.org and get to know about their activities.

I am going to settle back in India this year in May. At this stage of age (31 years old), I want to get myself engaged in selfless services to humanity, imparting yoga education (may be similar to you) just with basic concern of my livelihood. I know that to survive in life, we need basic and that I will get by some means.

I want to know from you if I can also take professional yoga training and with practice become a “Hatha Yoga Instructor” so that I can teach others (for example, I can get a small work at a school where I can train students or I can engage myself in a Yoga Ashram or such ashrams.

Recently I got the information about :
1. “Bihar School of Yoga”, “Bihar Yoga Bharti”,
2. “Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute, Pune”
3. Sivananda Ashram world wide. (http://sivananda.org/)

But, I find that in Sivanada Ashram Centres in India, fees is little bit more for me to afford.
For Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute, there is advance registration before 2 years.
I read that in “Bihar School of Yoga” the more emphasis is on “Service” and “Meditation”. I want to learn “Hatha Yoga” and read that “Bihar Yoga Bharti” is preferred for that.

Now, I seek your advice for this.

Regards,

Satchitanand
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  02:21:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Sat Chit Ananda :))
personally i did my teacher training courses at swami vishnu devananda ashrams ie the website u mentioned (http://sivananda.org/).
it is true the fees are a bit high...
also as u said at Bihar school of yoga the emphasis is more on service
so i suggest you go to gurudev swami sivananada ahsram in rishikesh ...it is the original ashram founded by swami sivananda himself....they have a 2 months training open only for indian males ( which is your case) and it is all for free...
check the webiste http://www.sivanandaonline.org/....to the left of the webpage there is a section called yoga course..check it out...
i have been twice to the sivanada ashram in rishikesh..it is lovely and the atomsphere is very spiritual...
personally i have another work and i teach hatha yoga...so you can find your own balance between mundane and spiritual life
i am sure in india you will find lots of like minded people to share your toughts with...and for now you have this website
best of luck
maheswari
Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  09:04:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maheshwari !

Many many thanks...I am heartily thankful to you for your guidance.

I know you have sensed that though I daily practice few Yogasanas at home, but I have not taken any professional training for this. That is why I am not sure that what I am doing is perfectly correct though I try my best to read carefully and apply them cautiously.

As you suggested, I will try my best to go there in Rishikesh to see his holiness Swami Sivananda Ashram. (You know, I have this wish for a long time, from the time I get to know more and more about Sivananda Swami. I want to see the place where he spent his pass-time. I feel that I am unfortunate that I will not be able to see his lotus feet personally, as the great soul has already left the body.)

I will go there even if I am not given the opportunity to learn yoga for one or another reason. I just want to see the bhaktas (devotees), aspirants and ashram environment. If possible, even if they do not teach me, I wish to live with them at least for some time so that I may be blessed with their true knowledge.

Please tell me according to your experience as you have gone there:

1. Can I go there any time or I have to inform them before ? I mean there will be some "Ashram Management Committee" who receives requests from devotees.
2. Will they accept my request for learning yoga (especially Asthanga Yoga and Bhakti Yoga) ? As you told me that it is free, but I think there may be at least some rules, regulations and procedures ?
3. Though it is not very necessary for spiritual progress, but as I told you that I want to teach yoga to children in school and those who are willing for it, I want to impart this science to others, I may need some "Certificate", so do they also provide certificate, so that the practitioner can apply somewhere (for example, in a school) as a Yoga trainer ?
4. Is there any session for training or it is continuous ? I mean it may be from March-April, or August-September ?

Please guide me as before.

Regards,

Satchitanand
Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  09:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Maheshwari !

Please also tell me...

Are there many applicants ? So, what is the base of consideration, if you sense ?

And suppose I am not selected for "March-April" session, then will they consider me in next session of "May-June" !!

I will surely apply...

Regards,

Satchitanand
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  03:10:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
namaskaram satchitananda
concerning yr questions:

1. Can I go there any time or I have to inform them before ?

there is an aplication for the yoga course that you have to fill
if you just want to visit the ashram and stay for a whle without doing the course then you also have to fill a different application
you can find it:
http://sivanandaonline.org/html/dls...gashram.shtm

2. Will they accept my request for learning yoga (especially Asthanga Yoga and Bhakti Yoga) ? As you told me that it is free, but I think there may be at least some rules, regulations and procedures ?

if you want to do the yoga course just follow the procedure and it will be ok....the course has a specific time table and rules that they will inform u about

if you want to visit..also there are rules of stayng at the ashram that should be followed.

3. Though it is not very necessary for spiritual progress, but as I told you that I want to teach yoga to children in school and those who are willing for it, I want to impart this science to others, I may need some "Certificate", so do they also provide certificate, so that the practitioner can apply somewhere (for example, in a school) as a Yoga trainer ?

if you do the course you will be given a certificate to teach

4. Is there any session for training or it is continuous ? I mean it may be from March-April, or August-September ?

it is continuious 2 months course ...you have to stay for 60 days...

5-Are there many applicants ? So, what is the base of consideration, if you sense ?

sure there are...details on the website

6-And suppose I am not selected for "March-April" session, then will they consider me in next session of "May-June" !!

why do u think you will not be selected? have faith in yourself....

7-I will surely apply...

do apply ...it is the more urgent and significant thing to do in one's life....otherwise one's life would be wasted
dont ask yourself too much questions...your mind is confusing you...just go with the flow....i can feel you are spiritual and very inclined to sivananda ashram so make a time for yourself and do the course you will benefit a lot.........
best...
maheswari
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  02:47:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaskaram satchitananda
lol...please dont boost my ego..
go there..it is obvious you are sivananda inclined...definitely you will be accepted dont worry...
yes you can send me an email to my personal email...
i will save your email too...
with Prem
maheswari
Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  12:28:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Maheshwari Ji !

It is Hemant from Udaipur (Rajasthan). If you have not forgotten you had replied for my post:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9102

I am pleased to inform you that I have been selected as a student for "First One Month Yoga Certificate Course" at Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh that is going to held in November.

Let me brief that in March 2011, I returned back to India to take care of my parents. I am planning to finally settle back here.

In August 2011, I had exams so was not able to apply for May-June yoga course. Later, I checked the site and found that Ashram is going to start 'First One Month Yoga Cerfiticate Course' (01st November - 30th November).

I applied for it and Ashram has selected me. Now, I have to confirm my selection before 15th September.

Here, I was your advise. Just recently, weddings of two sisters are fixed in november and family wants me to remain here. Though, there are very few arrangements have to be done, family is opposing to go outside during this period.

Second, they say that there will not be any fruit for what you will learn. They ask what you will do after learning yoga, first search for job and marry. Some say that you will just waste your time there in Ashram.

I have keen desire to attend the course. I am planning to start a educational center where I will train students in computer technology, competative exams along with career guidence. It will be free for poor students and with nominal fee for others. I want to work with the message that 'Yoga can be implemented in all aspects of life including education".

Please give your suggestion. I had told you that if I get selected, I will first inform you.

Regards,

Satchitanand
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  02:14:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Satchitananda

off course i remember you

glad to hear that you are accepted in First One Month Yoga Certificate Course" at Sivananda Ashram, Rishikesh that is going to held in November.....

i say you have to follow your inner call ...as you said you have a keen desire to attend the course so go and do not postpone anymore...as you said the marriage arrangements are already done...just explain to your family and especially to your sisters that you love them very much but you need to go and it is only for one month.....

second...this month will highely benefit you.....yoga is the goal of life....all others life aspects are secondary....yoga leads you to Moksha...is there something more important than that?

yoga is a life journey...you will continue to unfold .....and this month will put spiritual seeds in you that will blossom in due time.....do the yoga course first

dont let anybody tell you what you need to do in life....tell your family that ( without being aggressive....on the contrary be loving when you talk to them but stay firm in your decisons)

marriage is something that might come later in your life...for now i suggest you pave the way for your yoga daily practice

concerning job.....if you have the money you can start the center after you finish the course

if you dont have the money,get a normal job and work on creating the center in your free time...this is what i do,i work in a bank and i teach hatha yoga twice per week...

"I want to work with the message that 'Yoga can be implemented in all aspects of life including education"............
so true .......you will discover that every aspect of life can be turned into yoga ...even the least imprtant things like washing dishes can be turned into something spiritual....

best of luck Satchitananda
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  11:25:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Wow , this post is a nice story in itself, congrates satchidanand for getting what you wanted.

quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

(basic 12 asanas pose in a sivananda class)
sun salutations (for warm up)
1-Shirshasana (Headstand Pose)
2.Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand Pose)
3.Halasana (plow)

Chakrasana (Wheel Pose) (optional)

4. Matsyasana (Fish Pose)
5.Paschimottasana (Forward Band Pose)
6. Bhujanagasana (Cobra Pose)
7.Salabasana (locust)
8. Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
9.Spinal twist (Ardha Matsyendrasana)
10.Crow (Kakasana) or Peacock (Mayurasana)
11.Standing forward bend (Pada Hasthasana)
12.Triangle (Trikonasana)
maheswari

Namaskar Maheswari...

This list looks interesting but little longer (for untrained eyes? ) for daily practice. Are they meant for daily practice by 'common' people? if yes, please put some light on how can one integrate this to a routine of job, other aspects including home and personal, and of course AYP (DM + SBP + others).

Some specific questions which are coming up -
1 - how much time should be given for each asana (ideal and minimum)
2 - is it neccessary to do savasana after each asana (twelve times) or just once after completing the sequence?
3 - does this calm or aggravate overload, particularly crown sensation?
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  10:08:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As for learning bandha & kriya, Yogani or the late Swami Satyananda (Sivanandas disciple) are more to the point. Sivananda schools (as well as Astanga) rarely teach it.

You can even progress in smaller steps, to learn the next technique more easily:

- Uddiyana bandha (static)
- Uddiyana kriya (dynamic in-out movements)
- Agnisara (static, to isolate and pull forward the middle abdominals, while the rest is automaticaly sucked in by underpressure because of the empty lungs)
- Agnisara kriya (dynamic in-out movements of middle abdominals, remember agni = digestive fire, sara = clutching, massage)
- Nauli (static left, then right - a slight push by the thumb onto the corresponding side of the pubic bone makes it easier to isolate the side abdominals)
- Nauli kriya (dynamic, alternating R/L - a slight 'Salsa parody' movement in the pelvis makes it easier to get the rotation).
(- Nauli kriya, dynamic, alternating top/bottom - I'm not there yet, and I know very few teachers who have mastered it)

Practice time is morning, of course after emptying bladder and bowels but before drinking water (not to mention other drinks; and of course food in the stomach would be torture ) If you can skip dinner the night before a new step, it'll make that step easier - but with practice, it becomes unnecessary.

Edited by - HathaTeacher on Sep 14 2011 10:21:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  2:08:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello DawnCalling
DM and SB are the most important part of your daily routine..dont skip them

whenever you have extra time you can do the following shorter version of asanas

sun salutations 5 minutes
1-Shirshasana 3 m
2.Sarvangasana 1 m
3.Halasana 2 m
4. Matsyasana 1m
5.Paschimottasana 2m
6. Bhujanagasana 1m
7.Salabasana 1/2m
8. Dhanurasana 1/2 m
9.Spinal twist 1m
savasana (final relaxation is done only at the end for around 3mn
total: 20min

usually asanas are tools for calming....but off course you have to try for yourself and see what works for you

hope that helped a bit

Edited by - maheswari on Sep 14 2011 2:11:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  04:07:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks both of you

HathaTeacher, my impression is that kriyas are more powerful and advanced, while asanas are more basic, from a beginner point of view. Currently I am going through overload for a while (from DM/SBP). So I think I should not try kriya now. Please let me know if this is right.

Maheswari, you bet it helped . When I put together what I got from you and Shanti - I think this is what I needed. I guess you would be interested to see what I posted here just now.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=10357

Lots of love
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  05:39:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ok will check it
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  09:53:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My 6-step list above is just a less steep route into the Nauli kriya you mentioned in the first post here. Not a universal kriya checklist.
You can return to it when you want to retry Nauli.

Bandha & Mudra in Tantra and in Asana are only slight effortless activations, similar to the way you repeat a mantra.
However, to make them pop up quickly and reliably in Tantra or Asana (and with a minimum of physical effort), it's good to train them full-size, actually pulling in the Mouladhara, Uddiyana, and Jalandhara - quite a long way in, compared to their "relax" locations.

My former post on grounding asanas: www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=5464#49851 but be careful with the Prasarita there; NO pushing, no hurry, keep a curve of the lumbar spine to protect it (how the rest of the body looks is not as important), start practicing it with knees slightly bent and with some props/cushions under the top of the head.
(Unsurprisingly, the ground contact of palms, soles, and head at the same time feels grounding.)
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  11:21:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing this , the grounding techniques will be very helpful.

Prasarita I will definitely try. It really looks grounding . The info on automatic yoga are also helpful.

And I hope I will be stable enough to expand my practice to kriyas.

Lots of Love

Edited by - Swan on Sep 16 2011 03:01:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

viparitakarani33

Romania
5 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  06:53:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit viparitakarani33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I discovered an easier position to learn nauli... madhyama nauli.. lying on your back with the feet on a support about 20 cm high.
1.Empty the lungs
2. "try" to perform uddiyana
3. while raising your buttocks and your head from the ground
4. madhyama nauli comes naturally because the muscles of the abdomen will contract
I made a video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raelnQD6LoQ
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000