Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Question for folks in Kechari 3
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  2:59:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

when I go with my tongue all the way up to the roof of the nasopharynx, so that I touch the pharyngeal tonsil with the tip of my tongue, there appears to be a small hole in the middle of it. I haven't managed to ask a medical doctor about it yet. Do you have it there too?

Thanx.

Anakletos4

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  6:56:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel a hole. It's hard to figure out what it is though. I try to push into it sometimes and keep going, or bring layers of amrita onto/into it.
Haven't attempted it enough.

It feels like it's supposed to be there. Then again, I'm not completely sure.

Edited by - Anakletos4 on Jan 21 2011 7:12:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Asvinas

Australia
9 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  08:00:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree - I've noticed the same too. Actually there's two holes, one closer to the septum and one more at the very top. They are both separated by a tiny circle lump.

Should be different to the nasal passages on either side of the top of the nasal septum...
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  08:16:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mimirom

Hi all,

when I go with my tongue all the way up to the roof of the nasopharynx, so that I touch the pharyngeal tonsil with the tip of my tongue, there appears to be a small hole in the middle of it. I haven't managed to ask a medical doctor about it yet. Do you have it there too?

Thanx.

It may be the openings of Eustachian tubes you are feeling?

http://www.aypsite.org/108.html
When we are not enjoying bliss at the septum, we will no doubt explore, finding the prominent "trumpets" of the Eustachian tubes on either side of the nasal passages.

Here is a picture of the nasal cavity:
http://biology.clc.uc.edu/fankhause...PA230100.JPG
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  4:25:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Actually there's two holes, one closer to the septum and one more at the very top.

Yea, you're right! There are two tiny wholes there on the very top of the cavity arranged along the dorsoventral (back-front) axis. I didn't notice the second one before.

quote:
It may be the openings of Eustachian tubes you are feeling?

Hmm, perhaps not, Shanti. These are tiny. I always thought the openings of the Eustachian tubes are a pair of rather bigger, ball-shaped things, located on either side of the septum and at it's base.

Thanks for your answers!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000