Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 body twitching
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davidg

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  04:05:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
as i progress in the spinal beathing, i notice that with each return to the root chakra the body almost jumps lol

i find it quite amusing and assume this is normal and the whole system is relaxing/calming

Edited by - AYPforum on Apr 20 2011 06:38:38 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  06:38:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

davidg

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  09:34:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for the new placement of this thread,
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  09:39:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I understand the feeling, a simple suggestion is not to dwell on this symptom or look for it. If it happens ok and if it doesn't ok. If you haven't already, in time you will experience these jumping movements a lot during DM and in specific during samyama.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  1:07:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi david

It's normal to have some jerking during practices. Just yesterday I had a jerk happen during DM that just about knocked my head off my neck! In my opinion, these jerks are just obstructions/blockages being worked through. Nothing to get attached to or to be fearful of, just something to observe as we continue on with the practices.

Best of luck!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  12:53:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The jerks feel like releases to me and as such are quite pleasurable. Its even better once that particular energy pathway is clear and the jerks no longer need to happen. I tend to get them alot in bed before sleep as my body lets go and relaxes. Feels nice except that at these times if it goes on too much it can keep me awake
Go to Top of Page

davidg

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  01:36:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i feel like im in a timelaps movie where the the gaps between each clip is just a bit to big, lol, its cool i have a really good sence of humour, i find it amusing...

in saying that i thank you for your kind words of advice, i will simply let them be

love and light
david
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  02:38:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi David
excellent attitude ...keep on laughing at them
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  05:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Davidg & Welcome to the forum & AYP,

The jolts you refer to may be evidence of obstructions as we try to purify an as yet insufficiently purified system.They might feel like electrical jolts and they have been referred to in the lessons.I got it when i was doing tantric sexual exercises and one round of spinal breathing on the ascension a few yrs back.Then i heard reference to it in the lessons and it kinda made sense.In my case i literally jumped out of my skin several times.The whole body would leap up quite violently punching the air.It's because you're trying to move powerful energies where there are obstructions; you're putting a charge through it your body can't quite handle just yet, i.s nt quite ready for; think "ecstatic conductivity"
and your body is like a circuit you can put a current through it.

Just keep on practicing while self-pacing* is best advice.

Yes ,i was also intrigued about this phenomeneon at the time.Rather dramatic & violent indeed,yes.I thought that is rather odd but curious...It produced a WOWW reaction in me, let's just say...
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  05:58:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by davidg
i notice that with each return to the root chakra the body almost jumps

Sounds like Pranic boom or a shock wave caused by Prana hammering.

Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  07:59:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It actually felt a bit like being electrocuted....

..rather like a discharge or shock as Manigma put it.When it's mild it's more of shiver or up a notch or two the whole body may leap quite violently up off the ground...because of this internal earth-quake..

It was mildly amusing at the time.....

Like handling a power-drill and then perhaps inadvertently pressing a button maybe you should'nt...

(P.S .... a similar thing or phenomenon might happen if say a doctor or nurse gave you a jab/injection but hit an artery ,rather than a vein ,by mistake....that may be a bit different and probably is but the effects,i.e the whole-body jolt you get is similar...that can be a little painful if not somewhat excruciating but it does pass and only lasts about a mintue or so.... then after much hopping around you eventually come back down to earth.... i suspect the nerves are'nt that keen on that;it's not natural;the body does'nt like it at all it would seem)

Edited by - Akasha on Apr 21 2011 08:38:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  08:26:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had shocks that knocked me across the room and unconscious - from playing with high voltage as a kid. But "electrocution" means you die from it. Maybe that's how you felt. . .
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  08:52:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
To me "electrocution" just means you're taking a charge or current, i don't know if that's the technically correct term for it, your body cannot handle or is not yet ready for.It could be injurious; whether you die or not from it is another matter and perhaps incidental.

Definitely a shock though but if you've been there already, i.e it's happened before, you know what's going on...it's less of a surprise then and you know it should pass.....

I've never been unconscious though in this manner and the type i referred to might be a little different in terms of physiological origins; a feature of this one is it can feel like you're in agony but you know it passes after about 30 secs-1 minute; and the knowledge that it does pass makes it more or less tolerable if not mildly amusing to you or any observer or bystander.

"Yes , I am calm,I am calm...."

**.....maybe you need that electrocution smilly for this one....**

Edited by - Akasha on Apr 21 2011 09:11:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

davidg

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2011 :  3:42:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it feels like an electric bolt of lighting but without the death part, as you say take it steady, pace myself and KNOW that i am in the right direction, the way i look at it, and learming at a fast pace on this one, is recognising that it is energy coursing through this body,,,, not just me seeing something going up and down my spine with an inner eye, the fact that im not ready for this is perfectly ok i just know i will be, and omg cool, i will jump for joy lol

love and light

david
Go to Top of Page

Asvinas

Australia
9 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2011 :  10:23:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Akasha - I know what you mean. Yeah it does feel a bit like an electrocution but more like a muscle spasm in that area.

I had a particularity nasty one on my forehead a while ago - felt like someone got a sledgehammer and whacked me on the head there! Made me bolt upright in surprise! The Results? Just wonderful, almost like everything was completely clear and lucid, any mental tasks I had were solved in a flash with no part of my own efforts involved. Everything was just crystal clear. But alas, it only lasted for about 2 - 3 months, and my mind went back to its usual state of fogginess and misdirection. How come these sort of things happen from time to time? Even when one isn't doing any meditation practise whatsoever?

Yeah, I've also had the shocks/jerks down in the root chakra area too, seems to be the most common place for them to happen. Not bad, just mildy distracting.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000