New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  2:44:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Microcosmic orbit is not meditation, it is pranayama. Microcosmic orbit and its variants is practiced only by kung fu practitioners and advanced karate students and needs supervision by the Martial Arts Master.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  5:19:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisk

Microcosmic orbit is not meditation, it is pranayama. Microcosmic orbit and its variants is practiced only by kung fu practitioners and advanced karate students and needs supervision by the Martial Arts Master.

Hi Chrisk,

In AYP, Spinal Breathing Pranayama is the basic pranayama practice.

Some of us on this forum have talked about experimenting with MicroCosmic orbit:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=4064
I have used it in the past, and it seemed to work smoothly, but MicroCosmic orbit is not currently in my regular practice routine.

It is not a practice taught in Yogani's lessons, so went in doubt, best to play it safe -- disregard such other practices, and follow the Main AYP Lessons.

Bewell

Edited by - bewell on Jan 21 2011 5:26:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  11:53:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with BeWell on the above.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  11:27:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisk

Hi Chrisk,

I don't know what the origins of the microcosmic orbit are but I was taught it in India by a famous Yogi. It was not taught under that name, but the practice was the same. Taoists practice it as well as yogis and martial arts practitioners.

And yes, it is a pranayama practice, not a meditation practice. It has different effects on the subtle body than other pranayama practices. Some people here (including myself) practice the microcosmic orbit along with their AYP practice, and so far I have not heard anyone report any problems.

I don't see any reason why it would help with the shaking you are experiencing, and if anything it would make the shaking stronger. Any form of pranayama will tend to do this, as it activates prana in the body.

If you are concerned about the degree to which your body is shaking and you want to reduce it then there are methods that will help:

1. Avoid rajasic foods
2. Reduce your pranayama practices if you have any
3. Use grounding practices (http://www.aypsite.org/69.html)
4. Avoid sex

But as I said above, the shaking is part of the purification process and does not have to be acted on unless you are uncomfortable about it.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

maynard

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  6:01:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit maynard's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldnt be alarmed. I have the same thing happen to me. I dont have any formal teaching, but my intution tells me that its a good thing. It does seem like its just energy purifing me. If i rest properly after a session, I feel very in tune and spiritual. I feel more connected to my intuition and higher self. What i learned is to ignore the things that occur as i focus on the mantra. WHen i do that i seem to pass by them almost like i am moving through somethihng. I realize its difficult to ignore. I hear music, voices, twitch, shake, feel strong energy movements, ect, but i belive it or not am getting better at ignoring them and when i can do that i move past them, deeper and deeper. I am now at the stage where my body goes numb, not a lack of blood flow, i dont know exactly, christi said something about loosing awareness of my body and thats what it seems like is happening. It feels like i am close to poping into something, which i long to do, it feels like i am moving in the right direction. I dont know if that helps, i cant tell you for sure if its good bad or dangerous or what, but i experiecne it very similar to what you describe, and i am advancing spiritually and daily feeling mor eand more connected to my own divinity. Good luck
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  6:55:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your help and Christi also. I dont do any more pranayama and I' m thinking about cutting down on my time in deep meditation also. I' ll stick to grounding exercises for as long as it takes - even years - until the shaking, or shivering is gone, as well as some other kundalini problems like mood swings that I have are gone. The other day I even had my third eye open for a few minutes which probably means Kundalini is way ahead of my purification. I should be looking for spirituality in the long run (10 years lets say), not short run, so it seems events are happening to me prematurely so I should tone down my practicing until kundalini settles and my nadis/ channels are more clear.
Thanks again for your help.
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  7:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been reading the other post about MO and a person named Avatar mentioned some dangers to the MO specifically about some kind of blackness, or moist fire. I would therefore be inclined not to practice it, I guess. does anyone know any more about how safe MO is, or the pittfalls regarding it, or would like to explain what is meant by the original post of the person who mentioned blackness, or moist fire??
Thank you,
Chris.
======
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  7:25:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also, Hi Christi, could you explain to us what the famous Yogi said about MO? I' m interested in the topic, the reason is I have identified MO to be a spontaneous pranayama I do much like automatic thing, which I actually refuse to follow, or do anymore based on the AYP teachings. Also, I' m experiencing automatic placing of the tounge at the upper palate as well as folding the tounge backwards towards the throat. All these things, needless to say, scare me quite a bit. Can they be dangerous and to what extent and if yes how can we reverse any problematic sympoms??
Thank you,
Chris.
======
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  06:09:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chris,

The Microcosmic Orbit can be experienced as an automatic yoga. Generally, it is best to engage in spiritual practices for specific time limits, say for 5 minutes before meditation, twice a day.

I would recommend not engaging with automatic yoga experiences outside of that time frame, unless you are at a high level of purification.

There are essentially two ways in which the Microcosmic Orbit can be performed. The basic way does not involve the crown chakra, and the more advanced practice does involve the crown chakra. In the basic technique, the attention goes up the back with the in-breath and then from the top of the spine goes forward to the third eye. With the out-breath the attention goes down the front of the body to the perineum. The more advanced practice has the attention going up the back to the crown, and then down the front with the out-breath.

The basic practice is very safe. With the more advanced practice I would recommend limiting it to one or two minutes a day, and watching out for any symptoms of excess. These are covered in lesson 69.

The Microcosmic Orbit is not an AYP practice.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  4:21:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I understand perfectly. Thank you very much, Christi. AYP it is!!
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  8:44:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"in microcosmic orbit, you must have circulating pressure, focusing on the front channel, the problem is getting this strong pressure. the back channel never needs to be focused on. it is the water wheel technique, what goes down, will come up, the stronger the down, the stronger the up will become.
microcosmic orbit down not bypass the chi spot. it deals with transformation, this makes it dangeriouse as it incorporates the stage of blackness, or moist fire. ive heard of people turning themselves into vegitables with this moist internal heat. it is a drying process, whitness only comes after the black, the more black, the more heat.
for those already their, the only way i know to temporarily calm the heat, is to drink water, and wait for it to hit the chi spot,or the bladder."

Hello Christi,
I am trying to interpret this quoted text from someone who posted it in another post in these forums. Can you help if you know anything?
This is what I have found: Basically the pressure he is talking, it is about being established in energy work, i.e. having enough energy to feel the movement. Then he mentions about a chi spot which I have identified to be the navel, or abdomen. As for the rest of the stuff, I cannot quite decipher what he says, though it sounds unsubstanciated. From my research and what you have said, the worst thing that can happen with excessive MO, or other pranayama is premature kundalini awakening and excessive obstraction symptoms which of course need to be avoided anyways. So I dont really understand the rest of the things he says about darkness and dry heat, but they do seem unreasonable. If you can clear this info so we can close this matter, I' d be grateful.
Thanks,
Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  12:42:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chrisk,

It is not necessary to be able to feel energy in the body in order to practice MO, or any form of pranayama for that matter.

There are two things to caution against with pranayama, and that is the premature activation (awakening) of kundalini, and the exessive stimulation of kundalini once it is awakened. This is also true of any form of spiritual practice such as meditation, prayer, tantric lovemaking, chanting, singing or puja (spiritual ritualized worship).
Pranayama works directly with prana (hence the name) so it is necessary to be especially careful when working with any pranayama technique.

Of the two basic forms of MO I mentioned above, the simple technique going to the brow would fall into the "gentle" category, and the more advanced practice involving the crown would fall into the more "agressive" category.

The terms "blackness" and "moist fire" and the other terms used in the quote may be specific terms used in Taoist philosophy which I'm not familiar with.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  10:11:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi. I have searched myself, actually there are common pittfalls to doing various taoist practices like qi kong, basically the dryness that the man mentions is a common side- effect of bad practice which involves dry skin, dry mouth and even feelings of thirst. As for blackness, it denotes an interference to the retina, or it is taken abstactly as ill-health in general due to faulty practice. As for remedies, I could only find the usual like stopping/ correcting the offending practice, grounding, energy healing and TCM. That' s all.
Chris.
======
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  4:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chris,

Yes, that all makes sense... thanks for doing the search. I have experienced both, dryness of the skin and problems with the retina. They are not limited to Taoist practices, but are also common side effects from Yoga. They pass in time as the subtle body clears.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000