Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Anybody lost mind and body in DM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

boris

Norway
68 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  9:06:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit boris's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,I was wandering if anybody here has gone so deep with the IAM mantra that it seems like mind and body dissapear.Almost like dying,very scary.
I have been so deep with another meditation,but I havent been able to do it again.Maybe I will try Mantra meditation

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  11:01:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi boris

There are occasions where I have lost body awareness with complete silence.

But it's not that important, is it?

It's all scenery.
Go to Top of Page

boris

Norway
68 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  1:19:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit boris's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by woosa

Hi boris

There are occasions where I have lost body awareness with complete silence.

But it's not that important, is it?

It's all scenery.

Thnx for answer.Not importent?I dont understand.As far as I see,it is a VERY deep state of meditation.So unless you dont think meditation is importent,then I dont understand your point.
Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  5:10:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Boris. I'm quite sure that many here have with IAM meditation... No sensory perception. No identity. No mind. No time. No objects.
Silence..stillness.. emptiness..

Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  6:20:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi boris

At the end of the day, well twice a day, I am meditating to find out who I am, why I am here. I am not doing it to reach a deep level of meditation!

Seeing pixies or magical animals, not feeling your body etc are experiences. Like all experiences you desire to relive them again (if the magic animal was nice to you), and when you experience them you don't want them to stop. You fear losing them. You just end up stuck in a cycle. And I don't want to be in a cycle. I want to know why there are cycles!

I hope my ranting hasn't put you off! But just keep practicing, and don't strive for anything. If you lose body awareness, just go back to the mantra. If you don't lose body awareness, don't sweat it,, just go back to the mantra.

Seems a paradox, not striving for experiences, but I think this spiritual game is one big paradox!

Edited by - woosa on Feb 01 2011 6:57:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

boris

Norway
68 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  08:34:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit boris's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by chas

Yes, Boris. I'm quite sure that many here have with IAM meditation... No sensory perception. No identity. No mind. No time. No objects.
Silence..stillness.. emptiness..

Yes,that was what i was hoing.But I find it strange that there are nobody who can confirm it here
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  11:58:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi boris

quote:
Hello,I was wandering if anybody here has gone so deep with the IAM mantra that it seems like mind and body dissapear.Almost like dying,very scary.
I have been so deep with another meditation,but I havent been able to do it again.Maybe I will try Mantra meditation

Yes. I used to have daily experiences for years of being gone when in AYP Deep Meditation. The thing is....that only when coming back from these fully absorbed states could I say that "I experienced them". While they lasted....noone was there to report back anything. I can't even say there was nothing.....even nothing is too much of a word :) For me it was a breakthrough to see that I needed to self-pace my meditations - reduce the amount of time I was sitting, and also stop the mantra and just sit instead when the amount of purification was too much to handle. For years I was in a 24/7 ecstatic state that was very difficult for my nervous system to handle. It was very blissful....but while in meditation it was intoxication without clarity. Between meditations there was great clarity, deep silence and also ongoing quiet devotion together with the ecstacy....but I was never properly grounded. And I also had a tendency to dive into the ecstacy instead of doing what I must.

So.....it is not all about going deep. Balance is everything.
Both. Always both. Living and dying at the same time. Noone can "do" that. That is why the fear is there. And the letting go into Life takes time for most of us.

Today there is a lot of spontaneous meditation and still 24/7 of ecstacy - but I am careful not to leave the body behind. Staying with my feet on the ground and finding peace and beauty in the grit under my feet.

If you haven't tried AYP Deep Meditation - try it!
It has brought so much joy, wisdom, pain, sadness, peace, laughter, tears and Life/Love here that I simply don't have words to describe it. Most of all - it has brought truth.

The ability to discern........I think that is the most priceless of all of the above for me...if I must choose...this would be it. This is what heaven on earth is for me. And I see the consequences of that wherever I go.

I am still learning.

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  12:05:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS.

Before AYP Deep Meditation (which I started in 2006) I did 20 years of mantra meditation (10 years of TM and 10 years with another mantra given to me from the Indian guru of a friend of mine). Kundalini arose 15 years ago - after a cancer diagnosis. In addition to meditating - 20 years of self-inquiry.

Life is the only guru I have "had" - it still is like this
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  04:24:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine
Balance is everything.
Both. Always both. Living and dying at the same time. Noone can "do" that. That is why the fear is there. And the letting go into Life takes time for most of us.

Today there is a lot of spontaneous meditation and still 24/7 of ecstacy - but I am careful not to leave the body behind. Staying with my feet on the ground and finding peace and beauty in the grit under my feet.

Katrine

There is no way of judging the value of a yogic death except for the life that comes out on the other side. From where I sit, your life is a treasure, a true gift.

Grateful, so grateful here now

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  10:14:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am grateful too

Thanks for those moving words Bewell
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  8:19:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by boris

Hi Boris,

Welcome to the AYP Forum.

This sounds like it may have been an initial samadhi (absorption, the eight limb of yoga, in Patanjali's Yoga Sutras).

A good sign, if so.

And yes, the mind is so used to being latched onto some form or another, that the utter absence of all form can be experienced as disorienting and scary.

You get used to it.

And yes, much like dying. A whole lot like dying. Enough like dying, in fact, that over time, as the experiences expand, it can eradicate one's fear of death completely.

Just keep practicing, I'd say - and again, it's a good sign, not a bad one.

If you notice a feeling of being lost, or in void, you're aware enough to return to the mantra, so just return to the mantra, I'd say.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000