AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Too many in samyama?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  2:19:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

When I add a name of someone in need in samyama, I see that miracles sometimes happen, so I really like to add people I care a little extra about sometimes.

In periods, there are very many who are in need, and I find it impossible to add them all. It sums up to too many minutes and I don't want to push the time in stillness.

My silly attempt to solve the situation is to add them together in groups and make a sutra for "Friends with depression" and "emotional students" etc... Is that just silly, or do you think it actually works?

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  3:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm no samyama expert, but it is my understanding that it is the intent that is important during samyama. I think that so long as you have a clear intent and understanding of what you mean by your sutra then it should be effective.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  6:11:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

My silly attempt to solve the situation is to add them together in groups and make a sutra for "Friends with depression" and "emotional students" etc... Is that just silly, or do you think it actually works?

Yes, that will work. Or add the names to a list and send healing to the list. As long had the grouping has some meaning to you, it will be just as effective, if not more.... because now the mind level control is getting even lesser.
See if this lesson helps:
http://www.aypsite.org/415.html

I will search some more for you when I have a few min.

A topic where this was discussed:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=7960
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  10:56:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc,

Amma does samyama on every one of her disciples every night before she goes to bed. So that's like several million people. She doesn't do it as a group lot though, as she's a Mahatma (an avatar), so she does everyone one by one!

For the rest of us though, I would recommend batching. It's so much simpler.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  11:30:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi

quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Amma does samyama on every one of her disciples every night before she goes to bed. So that's like several million people.

Hmmmm....have you considered the logistics of this? There are 86400 seconds in a day.....at 15 second intervals that is 5760 people possible to do samyama on if you were doing samyama all day long. At one second intervals there would obviously be 86400 people you could do samyama on if you did samyama all day long. So...... I think this may be a bit of an exaggeration

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  12:40:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc,

As Shanti and the others have said, working with a list or group will work and can be very effective. The effectiveness correlates with several factors.

1) How deep and sustained (abiding) our inner silence is.

2) Our ability to to just let go and trust the process. This is tantamount to surrendering the outcome and doing to Source and the Love thereby reducing our self-imposed limitations (doubts, etc.) introduced by an interfering ego and mind.

3) How much we are and live as Heart. The strength and focus of Heart's direct connection to Source. How much we are able to be as an instrument and just let the Love work without interference. This just reflects the natural opening of the heart and deepening of 1 and 2.

4) The ever developing and deepening realization that truly the Love is unlimited. For Source and the Love, whether samyama is performed individually on one person or on a list of persons matters not, there is no limitation. Each person on the list receives full and immediate benefit. The fruition of all-possibilities already do exist. Prayer or effect-of-samyama in this case has already been perfectly answered by Source. As we continue in practice, our realization deepens and the doubts and other kinds of interference we interject into the process dissolve. As this occurs, distinctions in effectiveness between doing one person at a time vs a list disappear too.

Truly, not caring about the outcome. Giving it all up, giving it all away to Source. We truly do not know all the factors contributing to a person's condition. But Source does. Every time we share the Love by offering the gift of stillness allowing it to touch another by including our friends in samyama all that is good (ie. in accordance w/Source love, will and purpose) occurs immediately and perfectly.

Much Love to you emc,
Steve
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  01:22:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

quote:

Hmmmm....have you considered the logistics of this? There are 86400 seconds in a day.....at 15 second intervals that is 5760 people possible to do samyama on if you were doing samyama all day long. At one second intervals there would obviously be 86400 people you could do samyama on if you did samyama all day long. So...... I think this may be a bit of an exaggeration

She isn't doing samyama in the astral realms like we do, where we have to "dial up" and then wait for a response. She is doing samyama in the causal realm, so "seconds" simply don't apply. It's more like a continuous wave of love pouring from the ocean of her heart.

It's like "samyama level 2".

It's the point where samyama merges with "outpouring divine love", or the "flow of divine Grace". Yogani talks about it a bit here:

http://www.aypsite.org/408.html

quote:

What happens with samyama is in the realm of paradox we have been discussing, getting to the very heart of it. Our intention is released in stillness, and stillness moves. We do not move stillness. Stillness moves of its own accord, in response to the intention surrendered to it. The outcome is according to that flow, not according to our personal desire or intention. This is why we have often called it a divine flow, or outpouring. It is also the essence of effective prayer. The flow will be according to the need of the situation, beyond our understanding of it.

Amma is at the level where she has fully merged with (surrendered to) the divine flow, so all she has to do is direct it's flow to wherever it is needed. She simply adds her intent.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Jan 15 2011 02:57:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  04:26:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, dear friends! Thank you! Now I don't feel so silly anymore. And such beautiful answers! Steve, thanks for that clarification! Very nice!

I think I'm pretty good at letting go. I haven't got any agenda, no idea what would be best for these, I just ask stillness to help them... and that seems to happen!

A list was a VERY good suggestion. I'll write one down. In that way I'm free to add anyone who shows up for healing.

Thanks again, wonderful souls!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000