Your Spiritual Practice Routines
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  6:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Seems like god does not want it to be written out. I wrote a pritty long and detailed answer but the heart already said while writing, that it is not good. Yeah, everything was written, one click before sending it, the thumb of the right hand pressed a 4th button on the mouse out of itself and everything was cleaned lol.

Most probably you already know and have what you need.

l&l
holy

Edited by - Holy on Feb 17 2011 7:05:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chela7

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  11:17:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Holy

Seems like god does not want it to be written out. I wrote a pritty long and detailed answer but the heart already said while writing, that it is not good. Yeah, everything was written, one click before sending it, the thumb of the right hand pressed a 4th button on the mouse out of itself and everything was cleaned lol.

Most probably you already know and have what you need.

l&l
holy

Perhaps, But I guess the intellect still wants to gauge progressive possibilities, While I continue with practice. Holy, I would extremely, truly appreciate it if you could rewrite what was lost and impart some of your wisdom and practical experience so that I can grow as you have. Thank you so much in advance.

-Chela7
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  10:29:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chela7,

my routine is AYP + little additions from kriya yoga that help the body to remain more healthy. Added parts are: surya yoga, maha mudra in relation as done in kriya yoga, om japa/om technique, navi kriya.

All add-ons are done in pretty small amounts, but do the big difference for me.

Surya yoga is something Gurunath invented and is like Yogani's brief asana set, but with some differently handled abdomen pulling. So it is very similiar and I added some twists from Yogani's set to make the best out of both. As far as I know, it can be learned on youtube too =P

Maha mudra is in my opinion the best technique to awaken kundalini balancedly. Don't know why, but yoni mudra kumbhak gives the same body-not-good-response while maha mudra is butter smooth. It is also found in AYP, but not part of the main routine-suggestion.

Navi kriya as described before. It also amplifies inner perceptions great times, brings about great detachment to everything and makes the practice very easy somehow. And the health benefits + overall physical fitness makes it worth the extra spent 5 mins for this body here.

Om japa/om technique is taught in very diferent versions. The one from Hans can be learned on his site for free (@Nathan ;)). Ennio Nimis should have a version for free aswell which is more like Yogananda's and Gurunath's (they are practically the same).

Om japa like navi kriya is not found in AYP because over the longterm SBP and DM does it all. If some technique does not add significantly over the longterm, it is skipped. What it does, it brings great balance on all levels, intensifies pratyahara even further and refines the energy flow very much, so bringing the energies into the central channel gets a lot more easy. Plus again the overall health effects on evey level + the extra strength and effortlessness for me makes it also a well spent 10 extra minutes.

There were times I did nadi sodhana before the AYP routine as it smoothed out a lot of things. Then after some time SPB got more and more efficient and nadi sodhana was not needed anymore. But after more deepening I hit the very same wall I always do with AYP alone. And the wall is too thick to compromise with bhakti =P

Due to past overdoings, testings etc. this body here became very sensitive and responsive to everything. DM gets good very fast and goes deep too fast. Breath meditation does not fit bhakti =P Yeah, how to go on with the good AYP-boy? This is the working solution for this body in these times.

I'm pretty sure your body won't need such mixtures. Esxpecially not with Maitreya's method, which is even more fast and intensly deepining into pure bliss consiousness than any other type of meditation I am aware of so far. After 1-2 weeks it is like 6 months of ayp for this body. But yeah, as said, the physical part of the body-mind could not adapt to that kind of awareness growth. His technique was discussed in Nathan's other thread.

To make it short:

- kriya yoga has the most intense and spectrum-wise widest physical transformation and gets subtler and subtler over the years.

- ayp starts more balancedly on many levels, with first focus on the subtle levels. Physical transformation comes later.

- Maitreya Ishwara is like instant enlightenment, forget the physical =P No, not really, but there are no techniques to prepare the physical body for the immense awareness growth other than Maitreya's general living-style guidelines inlcuding food, living place etc. The physical is transformed through awareness alone.

AYP is pure optimization and efficiency, kriya yoga is brute force full spectrum enlightenment without anything left out on the very long term and Maitreya Ishwara's method is for fastest permanent freedom, rest comes as comes ^^

If you remain in one "line", you also get the special grace of that "line". It is something I observed many times. The moment I started mixing, it was like I was alone again. Those times where I practiced e.g kriya yoga alone, the whole kriya people came visiting constantly, helping, giving and playing. The special kriya grace-field showered and showered. MI's alone, that guy "pushed me up" so fast, omg.. AYP alone, insights and thankfulness for Yogani's great great system and easy and controlled progress happened without anythign to worry anymore. The system is very well mapped for all progressing stages.

The karmic obstructions are different in everyone, some are lucky and can go straight easily. Others may land in temporary tetzones and perhaps need to adjust here and there. This body here has deep sufi backround aswell, so what to do with that big mixture of causes =P

Really, I can't help you here, nor give good advice other than: make it simple, practice steadily and deepen into one. What works best for you. Reading the whole thread from the beginning and oberserving your own intentions/questions and answers from "others" till this point should be more than enough to know how to go on. After having read everything, take a big rest of doing nothing and letting whatever whatever.. Remain so till it shines brightly and clearly for you.

Wish you much love :)
Go to Top of Page

Nathan

47 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  11:29:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy,

Thanks for touching upon my question about the aum technique. So om japa will help lead to hearing the sound of om, which can be listened to as a meditation?

Do you think it's necessary to receive a formal initiation from one of the kriya schools in order to receive the grace of the kriya lineage?
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  2:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nathan,

don't know if you have heard about those 5 rupees Lahiri Mahasaya charged for the initiation =P Babaji wanted him to do so. The "kriya-yoga-field" is something that was created by babaji and many many practioners and does function like an energy reservoir to be use for the benefit of the kriya practitioner. As far as I have experienced, it really opened up after the initiation with Gurunath. Then suddenly the whole lineage was with me, like "welcome friend, look what great playfield we created =P" So the endless amount of breaths are used in ways you can't imagine or understand.

Sure, my intention was pure as is yours back then and I practiced different free versions with very good results too. Your awakening shall not be dependant on anything, but life plays in some way and how you'll be placed from time to time, we'll see. You shouldn't forget the word-hint nonduality. Traditions, systems, initiations are more a game and there are many games. Babaji for example looks very serious and strict on the outside, but when you see the inner play of babaji =P Then you know why Lahiri is looking like he's looking ^^

http://www.yoganandaji.org/board/at...d=1223&stc=1

I know it is very paradoxically when seeing things seperately ond not one. It does not feel right or correct and then you go to the cinema and pay 10 rupees ;) Some shows and games need entry tickets, just to prepare the comfort-seats.

At the same time, you are totlly free to create your own game (god/truth connection) and go for it. The wish for unique expression is embedded deep in everyone of us.

OM japa helps to hear the inner sounds very much. According to Yogananda and Gurunath, this technique alone can bring you to god and yet both don't rely on it as the primary one for it.

To have success, you should not need anything. Your intention and intensity will attract what you wish. Concentration - meditation - samadhi, on whatever you continuously direct your attention, you will merge with it.

The hatha yoga pradipika has many kriya yoga practices. You could also say, that kriya yoga is a distillation from all the mny and known yogic techniques in the himalayas. There, babaji is generally known as Goraksha, Gorakshanath or Goraknath. You can find it on the net, but not all translations are good. This one is fine:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/hyp/index.htm

There you canfind additional information on the inner sounds and on many other kriya yoga elements.
Go to Top of Page

Chela7

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  9:09:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Chela7,

my routine is AYP + little additions from kriya yoga that help the body to remain more healthy. Added parts are: surya yoga, maha mudra in relation as done in kriya yoga, om japa/om technique, navi kriya.

All add-ons are done in pretty small amounts, but do the big difference for me.

Surya yoga is something Gurunath invented and is like Yogani's brief asana set, but with some differently handled abdomen pulling. So it is very similiar and I added some twists from Yogani's set to make the best out of both. As far as I know, it can be learned on youtube too =P

Maha mudra is in my opinion the best technique to awaken kundalini balancedly. Don't know why, but yoni mudra kumbhak gives the same body-not-good-response while maha mudra is butter smooth. It is also found in AYP, but not part of the main routine-suggestion.

Navi kriya as described before. It also amplifies inner perceptions great times, brings about great detachment to everything and makes the practice very easy somehow. And the health benefits + overall physical fitness makes it worth the extra spent 5 mins for this body here.

Om japa/om technique is taught in very diferent versions. The one from Hans can be learned on his site for free (@Nathan ;)). Ennio Nimis should have a version for free aswell which is more like Yogananda's and Gurunath's (they are practically the same).

Om japa like navi kriya is not found in AYP because over the longterm SBP and DM does it all. If some technique does not add significantly over the longterm, it is skipped. What it does, it brings great balance on all levels, intensifies pratyahara even further and refines the energy flow very much, so bringing the energies into the central channel gets a lot more easy. Plus again the overall health effects on evey level + the extra strength and effortlessness for me makes it also a well spent 10 extra minutes.

There were times I did nadi sodhana before the AYP routine as it smoothed out a lot of things. Then after some time SPB got more and more efficient and nadi sodhana was not needed anymore. But after more deepening I hit the very same wall I always do with AYP alone. And the wall is too thick to compromise with bhakti =P

Due to past overdoings, testings etc. this body here became very sensitive and responsive to everything. DM gets good very fast and goes deep too fast. Breath meditation does not fit bhakti =P Yeah, how to go on with the good AYP-boy? This is the working solution for this body in these times.

I'm pretty sure your body won't need such mixtures. Esxpecially not with Maitreya's method, which is even more fast and intensly deepining into pure bliss consiousness than any other type of meditation I am aware of so far. After 1-2 weeks it is like 6 months of ayp for this body. But yeah, as said, the physical part of the body-mind could not adapt to that kind of awareness growth. His technique was discussed in Nathan's other thread.

To make it short:

- kriya yoga has the most intense and spectrum-wise widest physical transformation and gets subtler and subtler over the years.

- ayp starts more balancedly on many levels, with first focus on the subtle levels. Physical transformation comes later.

- Maitreya Ishwara is like instant enlightenment, forget the physical =P No, not really, but there are no techniques to prepare the physical body for the immense awareness growth other than Maitreya's general living-style guidelines inlcuding food, living place etc. The physical is transformed through awareness alone.

AYP is pure optimization and efficiency, kriya yoga is brute force full spectrum enlightenment without anything left out on the very long term and Maitreya Ishwara's method is for fastest permanent freedom, rest comes as comes ^^

If you remain in one "line", you also get the special grace of that "line". It is something I observed many times. The moment I started mixing, it was like I was alone again. Those times where I practiced e.g kriya yoga alone, the whole kriya people came visiting constantly, helping, giving and playing. The special kriya grace-field showered and showered. MI's alone, that guy "pushed me up" so fast, omg.. AYP alone, insights and thankfulness for Yogani's great great system and easy and controlled progress happened without anythign to worry anymore. The system is very well mapped for all progressing stages.

The karmic obstructions are different in everyone, some are lucky and can go straight easily. Others may land in temporary tetzones and perhaps need to adjust here and there. This body here has deep sufi backround aswell, so what to do with that big mixture of causes =P

Really, I can't help you here, nor give good advice other than: make it simple, practice steadily and deepen into one. What works best for you. Reading the whole thread from the beginning and oberserving your own intentions/questions and answers from "others" till this point should be more than enough to know how to go on. After having read everything, take a big rest of doing nothing and letting whatever whatever.. Remain so till it shines brightly and clearly for you.

Wish you much love :)

Thank you so much Holy,

I'm just curious,Can Surya Yoga be done inside or do you have to do it outside?

Can the energization exercises be more or less as effective as Sury Yoga in conjunction with asanas

Will adding om japa/navi kriya/Nadi shodhana enhance my practice significantly? Can I enter the subtle shushumna easily with out them?

Can I get a link to Maitreya Ishwara's technique, I have a pdf copy of his book, Unity. Is the technique in there, which page?

Thank you again very much for your help...
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  12:04:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Surya yoga can be done at home also =) If you are in a place where you can do it in front of the sun, that's good aswell.

I haven't practiced the energization technique of Yogananda, but in general whatever loosens and relaxes the body helps in sitting easily and going deep into silence.

Adding om japa could enhance the practice routine significantly, but only if the current one is stable and already have deepend to a good degree. In short, it releases the stored impressions within the chakras and make them available as energy for pranayama and meditation to be purified into their essence and what you yourself are.

The same goes for navi kriya and nadhi sodhana. In general every practice is for the same purpose of making it easier to go deep into silence. Too many techniques that releases too many stored impressions will even be a hinderence to go deep into silence. So a balanced apporach is needed, which means the meditation part should be your guide to tell you if more energy release can be helpful to deepen further or not.

The more energy is released, the longer it takes to smooth out.

Entering into sushumna is no subject of believe, what does your experience say so far? When was it easy, what works for you? What can you keep up and do daily to deepen further and further into sushumna and what becomes too much too fast and does not help in going daily ever deeper into it?

A lot of techniques are available, but what suits you the most. If one technique is enough, lucky guy =P Go for it and remain in peace.

If bhakti still gets higher and no peace in sight, perhaps some other additional technique is necessary. Yogani has found out and I can second it, that a simple combination of pranayma and meditation can be enough.

You wouldn't ask for other techniques, if your current routine was satisfactory already, so perhaps the first question should be: what is missing, what works fine and what not?

We have become too general, perhaps you just need a very small adjustment =P

Maitreya Ishwara's book has many pages where he describes the technique, every time with other words.

In short: feel the energy of the body and whenever you are off, come back feeling :) 'Be aware of, watch, feel, remain witness to'.. are all the same.

Over time, increase the elements of 'being aware of' to the totality of what is moment for moment. Start with feeling, add listening to inner and outer sounds and more and more to everything. Remain so. Whenever you are off, come back to being aware of what is. The start is with the energy field of the body and when the expansion happens naturally, go for it. It will happen sooner or later and even then feeling the energy of the body is enough.
Go to Top of Page

Nathan

47 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  3:30:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy,

Thanks for the links. Lahiri Mahasaya does looks playful in that picture. :)

I'm planning on adding more techniques from the kriya resources you have mentioned when my body is ready for them. Right now, my body doesn't seem to have a very high capacity, so I have to go gradually.

Perhaps I'll visit a kriya teacher such as Gurunath in the future if the bhakti for that arises.

Edited by - Nathan on Feb 21 2011 4:00:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chela7

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  12:03:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Surya yoga can be done at home also =) If you are in a place where you can do it in front of the sun, that's good aswell.

I haven't practiced the energization technique of Yogananda, but in general whatever loosens and relaxes the body helps in sitting easily and going deep into silence.

Adding om japa could enhance the practice routine significantly, but only if the current one is stable and already have deepend to a good degree. In short, it releases the stored impressions within the chakras and make them available as energy for pranayama and meditation to be purified into their essence and what you yourself are.

The same goes for navi kriya and nadhi sodhana. In general every practice is for the same purpose of making it easier to go deep into silence. Too many techniques that releases too many stored impressions will even be a hinderence to go deep into silence. So a balanced apporach is needed, which means the meditation part should be your guide to tell you if more energy release can be helpful to deepen further or not.

The more energy is released, the longer it takes to smooth out.

Entering into sushumna is no subject of believe, what does your experience say so far? When was it easy, what works for you? What can you keep up and do daily to deepen further and further into sushumna and what becomes too much too fast and does not help in going daily ever deeper into it?

A lot of techniques are available, but what suits you the most. If one technique is enough, lucky guy =P Go for it and remain in peace.

If bhakti still gets higher and no peace in sight, perhaps some other additional technique is necessary. Yogani has found out and I can second it, that a simple combination of pranayma and meditation can be enough.

You wouldn't ask for other techniques, if your current routine was satisfactory already, so perhaps the first question should be: what is missing, what works fine and what not?

We have become too general, perhaps you just need a very small adjustment =P

Maitreya Ishwara's book has many pages where he describes the technique, every time with other words.

In short: feel the energy of the body and whenever you are off, come back feeling :) 'Be aware of, watch, feel, remain witness to'.. are all the same.

Over time, increase the elements of 'being aware of' to the totality of what is moment for moment. Start with feeling, add listening to inner and outer sounds and more and more to everything. Remain so. Whenever you are off, come back to being aware of what is. The start is with the energy field of the body and when the expansion happens naturally, go for it. It will happen sooner or later and even then feeling the energy of the body is enough.

Hi,

Holy, Thank you so much for all your help thus far. I am currently incorporating navi kriya into my routine. I am doing one of the variations in Ennio Nimis' book. http://www.kriyayogainfo.net/files/...ish%20II.pdf

What variation are you doing?

What is the navi kriya variation that Gurunath teaches and where in the routine is it practiced?

How is Gurunath's omkar techniques practiced and where in the routine is it practiced?

You say that Gurunath teaches to concentrate on the sahasrara instead of the ajna?

Thank you in advance.

-Chela7
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  10:31:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chela7,

have stopped navi kriya for quiet some time. Don't know why but I could never go on practicing kriya yoga elements when they were not given by someone who has practiced them up to their full frution.

I used to practice Hans' version, but without the prerequisites he describes on his site. That's perhaps why his special grace did not flow fully.

Haven't learned Gurunath's navi kriya yet, but it seems to be a near occurence. Wouldn't be suprised if it is not the most precise one =P

Am not sure about the placing, most probably before or after kriya pranayama and surely before the meditation part.

The omkar practice is practiced in the beginning, then comes pranayam, then maha mudra, then attention on crown, then rest.

I have respect for the wish of not discussing specific details of the practice, but I am sure you can find every detail on the web.

Btw, Ennio's book is still developing. I had contact with him many years ago and sometimes he even wrote to me and asked details about the one or other kriya yoga practice. But on the other side he also practiced what he could get very intensly and got very good results long ago I ever knew there is more to life than pizza =P.

As an information source, his book is good, but when it comes to details of practice, I wouldn't rely on it.

In the end, what works, works. Somehow only what came out of fully realized channels touched and did work for me.

Wish you the best ;)
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  02:21:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I love this thread. How honest and refreshing it is.
I also have seen so many contradictions in written material.

For example, few people even know that Kundalini is the mother of maya
yet so many people rant and rave about Kundalini and of all things,
listen to her. You can spend 1 billion lifetimes lost in Kundalini.

Also, a partially awakened crown is also deadly. You can get lost for
a thousand lifetimes, chasing after samahdi. For this reason, I refuse
full samahdi at present. My crown is not properly purified yet.

As for Ajna, yes, you can get lost there too..

I suppose you could get lost at any level.. even the mundane physical :-)
(I can't read maps very well).

I so love to listen to the stories of the intrepid explorers.. those willing
to risk everything to touch the face of the faceless.

As to Nirvakalpa Samahdi.. now that would be quite the thing.. to exist
"beyond the Kalpas" or the creative breathes between multiverses existing
and not existing.. I forget the number.. but it's like 100000000000000
trillion years between them. I thought you had to undergo full enligtenment,
of the level beyond most any enlightened person short of a full incarnation;
and had to either permanently leave through the head bindu or die. But
perhaps my facts aren't straight. It's nothing I would strive for.. the act
of striving for it, would chase it away, as far as I know. But I suppose it
could form on it's own. Really, enlightenment is what happens when you are
ready, and you stop trying to escape the present moment for any reason.

The mere act of wishing for any moment to be preferred to any other moment
is pure poison. I suppose that most of us in this thread know all the things
I have said. It's quite the impressive collection of practictioners.

I had thought that I would wish to learn all the AYP practices, so that someday
I might teach them. But almost anything vaults me into samahdi, which since my
crown is not properly pure, can lead me towards incorrect thinking. So I stop it.

My heart is not properly awakened yet, so I know my crown is not properly purified
yet.

So I can't really do practices, other than taking walks, gently reading AYP, and
doing my best to clear my ridiculous karma. I have no idea where the path will
lead me.

I'd be honored to have a conversation with any of you on practices.

Namaste,

Kevin Cann
Go to Top of Page

escapado

Germany
88 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  12:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hey there kevin!

"Really, enlightenment is what happens when you are
ready, and you stop trying to escape the present moment for any reason." this sounds so damn right! righter than I could have thought of it, so simple yet so powerful and true

"I so love to listen to the stories of the intrepid explorers.. those willing
to risk everything to touch the face of the faceless."
me too :) I love reading osho's stories about Zen masters a lot (and not only)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000