Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Breath taking beauty in the mundane
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tommy

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  7:48:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tommy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This morning as I was resting after meditating, I had this picture pop into my mind, as if I was there, of light reflecting of the cold and wet surface of a parking lot of a store of some sort in the dark of a winter night. There were cars about though no people...yet you could somehow feel the warmth of their presence. It was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful during the instant I was there. After I finished resting, for awhile, I could "see" that image and switch back and forth between "seeing" and "feeling" the beauty of it and seeing it as totally mundane, the sort of thing you could see in any town on any rainy, winters night...especially in the Northern US. It was like my personal Christmas Postcard. I thought then, "I have to share that on the forum", and the thought has persisted throughout the day, so here it is.

May we all see more and more of the beauty in the otherwise mundane and be forever gasping for breath in its presence.

Love to All,
Tommy
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000