Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Has thishappened to you? (when you were young)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LucidDreamer

South Africa
1 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  2:44:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear Practitioners,

As a newbie, I want to ask something a bit specific; there's an experience I once had and I'd like to know what that was please and what specific practices one would do to establish oneself in that.

It happened when I was about 12 years old one evening; i just suddenly found myself in a place of very deep quiet happiness (I guess it was bliss), and I was very aware of being in an extreme state of high energy. What especially interested me was that on the outside I could still appear completely normal, and even made a point of going to speak to my parents, do some homework and ride my bike, just to keep checking that I could be almost flying on the inside and still look normal on the outside. I was aware of being able to memorise whatever I read and to understand things normally beyond my level of comprehension.

I also remember, while being in that state, feeling a kind of regret that I knew it was going to fade away after about an hour, which it did. I remember after it faded feeling great sadness and going outside to look at the stars and thinking how much more there was than there seemed to be.

These days i sometimes vaguely touch something like that when i go deep into speed skating, or work on complex mathematics, but it's never as much as it was that time. I do wonder if I'm just too old (34 now) and have had too many experiences with women and if it's only the very young and innocent that can have experiences like that.

I doubt i've given enough information for a proper answer to the question, but I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.

Best
R

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  3:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I can remember things like that happening when I was a child. They still happen as a result of my yoga practices. You're definitely not too old. You're limited only by your thoughts and beliefs, not your age. If you want to get back in touch with that feeling from childhood, I would highly recommend practicing Deep Meditation and other AYP techniques.

If you're not already familiar with AYP Deep Meditation, you can read more about it here: http://www.aypsite.org/13.html

Go to Top of Page

Tommy

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  7:56:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tommy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Spontaneous experiences like that (from childhood and later), many for which there are few or no words to describe, are one of the reasons I meditate. My hunch is that meditating moves at least some of that spontaneous and remarkable experience into an indirectly controlled experience, though, as I have read and been told, it becomes mere window dressing on the way to enlightenment. Man! What awesome window dressing!

There are many on this forum who have a better grasp of these things than I do, so I am hoping they will contribute from their own advanced knowledge and experience so we can both learn.

Thanks for contributing that experience. May you have many, many more!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000