Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Thank you
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  2:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all.

Just a quick post of seasonal gratitude. I was reading the Penguin Classics translation of The Upanishads tonight and came across this line:

"...when a man [my edit: or woman] has seen the Truth of the Spirit he is one with him, the aim of his life is fulfilled and he is ever beyond sorrow."

I wondered for a long while why any aim I chose in life seemed transient or superficial, why everything externally driven failed to motivate me or stimulate my passion, until I found AYP, and found my sole aim. The aim is not yet fulfilled, but it will be.

Thanks Yogani, and thanks to everyone from the board, Shweta, Kirtanman, Carson, everyone from the AYP retreats. Since AYP is living open source spiritual development, each person on the board I've interacted with has been in many ways just as valuable to my progress as the actual main lessons.

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  4:01:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much - for bringing our attention to Grace

To be grateful is to be free of judgement - and there is such immense freedom in that....

quote:
"...when a man [my edit: or woman] has seen the Truth of the Spirit he is one with him, the aim of his life is fulfilled and he is ever beyond sorrow."

Often there is such a synchronistic serendipity happening...with posts found here and life in general :)
Today I woke up with the vibration of Jesus.....When this happens (when the consciousness is standing out in a particular way like that) I know a shift is on its way. And as the day unfolded.....there was a seeing of how that vibration manifested...why it manifested. Slowly it dissolved into itself.....let go into itself.....like a slow tender tango these "two" presences stopped being two. And when the dissolution was complete there was crying for a while. It was a release from deep within the body....... of a deep deep sorrow. No images. No words. No rememberance...

Just a deep and very tender sorrow that came up to dissolve itself.

During this....during everything......is the freedom.

It is snowing here now......

"Der er ingen ting i verden så stille som sne"......."There is no thing in the world as quiet as snow"

(just a song I used to sing as a kid)

PS
My daughters are arriving here in Dublin tonight (jippi!). Seeing you here for some reason reminded me of them mr_anderson

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  5:03:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mr_anderson

I wondered for a long while why any aim I chose in life seemed transient or superficial, why everything externally driven failed to motivate me or stimulate my passion, until I found AYP, and found my sole aim. The aim is not yet fulfilled, but it will be.

Thank you mr_anderson for being in a place where you can see this. So many go though life and not have an inkling of this. We are lucky to have you with us.

Have a wonderful a Christmas and New Year with your family.
Go to Top of Page

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2010 :  10:04:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks mr_anderson

quote:
each person on the board I've interacted with has been in many ways just as valuable to my progress as the actual main lessons.

I feel this as well

I also enjoyed the thread you started on suffering and spiritual progress. Seasons greating to you and all much Love Narayana
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000