New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  4:35:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
http://www.saltcube.com/files/Rober...ini_2004.pdf

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  9:26:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion, he is the only known person to raise kundalini
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  10:12:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thousands of people have raised kundalini. Several of them are on this forum.
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  10:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A lot good that did if one is selling scam products like that Q-Link device.

I notice "spiritual experience" does not equate to ethical or moral growth. Of course, good examples of this are the wayward Gurus and leaders.

Not that I'm saying this guy is guilty of this, but ....

Edited by - Jo-self on Dec 18 2010 10:24:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  10:35:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Etherfish is right...kundalini awakening is very common. Every true spiritual path is based on it.

Robert Bruce said, "The kundalini phenomenon only exists for as long as energy flow through the energy body allows it. Once energy resources are exhausted the raised kundalini state disappears."

This is true for direct kundalini awakenings, due to traumatic events or improper practices. Real spiritual systems use methods of purifying the chakras and nadis first, so that the kundalini-raised state can be maintained rather than lost. Then instead of depleting the body's resources and drastically shortening the lifespan, one's body regenerates.

I say this as someone who has experienced a few direct awakenings of kundalini, as well as someone who practices real methods.
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  11:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Rather presumptuous, don't you think? If nobody else has raised Kundalini, then that eliminates the possibility that you have raised Kundalini yourself. Therefor, if you haven't actually raised Kundalini, on what basis are you making the judgment that Robert Bruce has? I'm not trying to suggest that he has or has not raised his Kundalini, but if no one else has done so, how can anyone verify or even have an opinion on the matter?
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  11:19:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Thousands of people have raised kundalini. Several of them are on this forum.

Who has raised kundalini with the violent snake like effect sloshing around internal organs, total omniscience and AUMM effect that Robert Bruce experienced?

The common person waters down the kundalini concept so it means nothing.

The worst I have heard "Oh I had a dream about a snake, therefore I have raised kundalini" LOLLL

Edited by - alwayson2 on Dec 18 2010 11:36:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  11:36:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Raised kundalini doesn't mean omniscience. Those are two different things.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  11:41:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Raised kundalini doesn't mean omniscience. Those are two different things.

I think they are the same.

By the way, people wrongly take ANY energy movement, and say its kundalini.

Even a breathtaking, life changing energy movement like Gopi Krishna experienced is NOT kundalini.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Dec 18 2010 11:54:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  01:24:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson2

What??

Like E-fish said , there are many here on forum that have done so. Even i've done it in the past.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  03:43:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alwayson,

The kind of kunalini awakening that Robert Bruce is describing on the site you linked to is a side channel awakening. It is not common, and is often accompanied by difficulties (some of which he describes).

It is a preliminary stage to a true awakening (central channel) and is usually bypassed completely by most people. It is often a result of forcing a kundalini awakening (another thing he describes himself doing on that site).

I would estimate that there are now hundred's of thousands of people with awakened kundalini, and it is increasing daily, especially thanks to yoga. Before long it will become the single most powerful force of change on this planet.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Dec 19 2010 03:44:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  04:44:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  11:40:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Alwayson,

The kind of kunalini awakening that Robert Bruce is describing on the site you linked to is a side channel awakening. It is not common, and is often accompanied by difficulties (some of which he describes).

It is a preliminary stage to a true awakening (central channel) and is usually bypassed completely by most people. It is often a result of forcing a kundalini awakening (another thing he describes himself doing on that site).

I would estimate that there are now hundred's of thousands of people with awakened kundalini, and it is increasing daily, especially thanks to yoga. Before long it will become the single most powerful force of change on this planet.

Christi

This is not a correct criticism of Robert Bruce. The first thing that happens is that you get a huge column of energy up the CENTER channel, which causes a brow strobe. You can actually stop at this point. After REPEATED stimulation, the snake is released. This is in the PDF in the first post.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  11:53:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You cannot assume it is the same for everyone.
There are many many accounts of spiritual progress on these forums, and there is one thing in common: they are all different. What IS the same has been discovered by Yogani, and that has mostly to do with how to practice in ways that don't cause violent, long term, or troubling side effects.

If you follow the practices of AYP, kundalini rising is often a by-product, but not always because it is not a mandatory sign of spiritual awakening.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  12:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

You cannot assume it is the same for everyone.
There are many many accounts of spiritual progress on these forums, and there is one thing in common: they are all different. What IS the same has been discovered by Yogani, and that has mostly to do with how to practice in ways that don't cause violent, long term, or troubling side effects.

If you follow the practices of AYP, kundalini rising is often a by-product, but not always because it is not a mandatory sign of spiritual awakening.

Who here as experienced a kundalini rising, and why do you think so?
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  12:13:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I believe Yogani has mentioned in his writings that the more dramatic the "kundalini" experience the more resistance and blockages that were met in the nervous system when the energy was released and pushed through. In other words, if someone opens this energy prior to a lot of internal house-cleaning, they are in for a bumpy ride, though it can be fun drama too.

Kundalini obsession is just another stage of development that will be let go of as it fades into the background and is replaced with the practical daily integration of loving self and life as it is.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  12:24:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Who here as experienced a kundalini rising, and why do you think so?

Sorry I don't keep track of that. If you follow these forums you will see it mentioned hundreds of times. Maybe one of them will read this and answer. Or if you search the forums you will find lots of info.
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  12:49:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey alwayson2,

Check out http://www.aypsite.org/261.html which is the AYP lesson on Kundalini Surge. As others have mentioned, it is a common spiritual experience. Like a "wake up!" call.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  1:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDH

Hey alwayson2,

Check out http://www.aypsite.org/261.html which is the AYP lesson on Kundalini Surge. As others have mentioned, it is a common spiritual experience. Like a "wake up!" call.

So we are calling any energy movement kundalini?

Thats a pretty low bar to set.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  9:24:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The substance of kundalini is the very same subtance of everything else, so only one substance of being in different forms, frequencies or whatever you want to name it.

Sure we say house, chair, spine, prana, kundalini and chokolate, it is all the same. You can see this if more and more energy moves within the central channel directly by yourself. I've seen it countles times and xy people in this forum for sure too. Who knows, how many times you have seen the one being and have forgotten again =P Isn't all the practice to stabilize the human system to function on that oneness-level permamently?

But to come back to words and forms, Gurunath has a nice vid where he talks about the 7 layers of kundalini on youtube.
-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OAKYLLNwB4

And those teosophic people long ago also talked about 7 levels, each making you aware of another subtle plane of existence simultaenuously (physical, astral, mental, casal, atmic(self), .., ).

One substance of being. Many people say many things, no other way than finding out by yourself..

gl&hf =)
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  10:10:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Alwayson,

As others have mentioned, this is simply not correct.

Any person who has completed yogic sadhana, or any equivalent path, has by definition "raised kundalini".

Ultimately, kundalini is simply another term for the activity of the full range of consciousness.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  10:40:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is what I believe kundalini is

http://www.hermeticresearch.org/ind...rticle&sid=9
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  11:08:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
His mistake is in assuming what happened to him will be the same for others.
I challenge you to follow his methods and record your experiences. I am positive that your experiences will be vastly different from his.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  11:19:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

His mistake is in assuming what happened to him will be the same for others.
I challenge you to follow his methods and record your experiences. I am positive that your experiences will be vastly different from his.

I have followed his methods for 5 years. Everything in his books is exactly the way it is. I always try to follow the methods exactly. This is partially documented on other forums. I have NOT experimented with the kundalini stuff, but everything else is 100% right on the money.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Dec 19 2010 11:23:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  01:37:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Alwayson,

Christi

This is not a correct criticism of Robert Bruce. The first thing that happens is that you get a huge column of energy up the CENTER channel, which causes a brow strobe. You can actually stop at this point. After REPEATED stimulation, the snake is released. This is in the PDF in the first post.

Hi Alwayson,

I was making that statement based on what he wrote here about his own awakening:

"The classic description of Kundalini, as being The Serpent of Fire, is badly misunderstood today, in the East and in the West; even by most experts and authors. This is 'not' a symbolic or metaphorical description. This is an accurate description of the physical sensation of Kundalini rising through the body, i.e., this is what it actually feels like when it happens. Imagine a large snake, about as thick as a man's wrist, forcing its way through the perineum (between the anus and genitals) and forcing its way up through the hips and torso, forcing intestines and organs aside, uncoiling 3.5 turns clockwise up through the body, and then up through the neck to just above the crown. This is an unusual sensation to say the least, feeling your internal organs sloshing and being moved aside, etc. The first few times this is done it is uncomfortable, but it is not really painful; just unusual.
Note that my description of this sensation excludes the kundalini burning sensation (of variable intensity) that usually accompanies early raising, most especially the first successful raising."

This is a classic description of kundalini moving through one of the side chanels. Kundalini moving through the central chanel does not coil upwards through the body. It also does not cause the internal organs to move. The ida and pingala nadis do coil up through the body.

Here is a picture:

http://tinyurl.com/26j4bsy

So you can see where he gets the 3.5 turns thing from. As kundalini leaves the kanda chakra between the 1st and 2nd chakra, and enters one of the side chanels, it will make half a turn to the manipura chakra, one turn to anahata, one more to vissudhi and one more to ajna at the centre of the head. That makes 3.5.

From here it will flow either through the sushumna, passing through the brow, or through the brahma nadi passing through the crown. In Robert's case it passed through the crown. I can't say if it was an ida or pingala awakening as it depends if he means clockwise from bottom, or clockwise from top.

A central chanel awakening does not involve any "coiling". It is simply a flow of energy directly up through the spine or through the centre of the body, depending on the degree of purification of the sushumna.

With regards to kundalini, the best way to approach it is simply to practice, and let things unfold as they do. Then you will know what it is all about through direct experience rather than making statements based on second hand accounts.

Everyone's awakening is different. Some are powerful and spectacular (as mine was), other's are much more subtle and barely noticeable. The only real way to know if someone has awakened kundalini is if their body is becoming ecstatic. This only happens as a result of kundalini. Ironically, by the time the body is being transformed into it's ecstatic state, there are many more interesting things going on than kundalini. We are already moving on even as kundalini is coming into full swing.

This is one reason why many people with awakened kundalini do not talk about it much.

The science of kundalini is already very evolved, and I would recommend that you study it if you are interested (from a range of authors). But there are still quite a few myths around surrounding this subject and it is good for those who have been through an awakening to dispell them when they arise.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  1:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe its not in the PDF, but Robert has explained that you first get a column of energy up the CENTER channel, and then only with repeated stimulation the snake is released.

This is a quote from another thing he wrote:

"This was soon followed by a massive energy blasting upwards through the middle of my body, through the center channel."

I have this in another PDF, which I can email to anyone interested.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000