Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Kundalini and dreams
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CannabisSativa

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  5:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Does kundalini have an effect on dreams or the dream consciousness? Also, can kundalini develop permanent lucid dreaming as in always having them?

I've never really had interest in siddhis or powers but if there is a siddhi for lucid dreaming then I would love to have that. When I had my first lucid dream it felt awesome, just being there, even by not doing anything, my friend says that it feels like that because it's a higher reality that we access by vibrating at higher frequency (that's his interpretation at least). I want to stay there longer to communicate to higher beings.

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  11:10:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
K has an effect on everything.

That's not to say that it will present you with more lucid dreams.

If you want to learn how to have lucid dreams frequently, I suggest that you focus your intent on them, record you dreams, and increase your awareness of dreams in general.
Go to Top of Page

Evannon

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  11:26:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can only relate my experience - but it happens to be relevant to your question. I had a dramatic Kundalini awakening in January 2003, and have struggled through quite a journey with it since then. This site - FINALLY - gave me the tools i needed to tame that energy and direct it toward positive paths. So if you're following these practices closely - keep it up! Especially third-eye concentration - the command and control center.

I find that kundalini energy very powerfully connects my conscious mind with the "subconscious" energies of my body. In lucid dreaming, it seems we can make the connection from the opposite direction: our subconscious minds rise upward, and connect with the conscious parts of our minds that distinguish between dream and "awake" states. In forging this connection - I advise caution. I loosed a number of sleeping demons in my process, and I felt like my grip on sanity was pretty tenuous at times. I have to say - based on your online name - I would NOT advise diving into this process under any external influences, like THC. I been there, done that too. Very hard to maintain the necessary safe boundaries!

Now - I've been having lucid dreams for years - and more and more frequently the more I work with kundalini energy in meditation. I read a wonderful article in a Buddhist magazine several years ago (sorry I can't remember which one) but it gave some interesting advice on how to begin lucid dreaming: first, notice when you're dreaming; then, make conscious choices to do things you would not normally be able to do. How to notice when you're dreaming? Notice when things are not making logical sense - like, you're in your living room, you walk through a door and find yourself in the bathroom of a restaurant down the street; you walk out the same door again and find yourself outside, with a group of friendly strangers; one of them hands you a giant goldfish... etc. If you've begun examining your mind on a regular basis through meditation, you'll soon be able to step back in these situations and realize, "wait a minute - this doesn't quite feel like my 'normal' life!" Then, what I like to do is, try to fly. Go ahead - take a flying leap off the ground and will yourself into the air! I've now had dozens and dozens of flying dreams, and they're always such a joy! The views of cities and landscapes our minds can invent can be stunning. Usually I've been alone, but last week I leapt off a cliff and found myself flying with many other people - (but all in crazy patterns like a swarm of gnats!) My intention in life right now is to connect more closely and more often with others, so hopefully this dream is helping me move in that direction. (Maybe next time we'll all join in a kind of mid-air water ballet!) But here's the kicker: whenever I fly in my dreams, kundalini kicks up. I get that surge of ecstatic energy right through the center of my body.

So - to answer your question, I think there IS a connection between kundalini and lucid dreaming. But I absolutely agree with Yogani's advice about siddhis, and I think it applies here: don't get attached to such anticipated outcomes of your meditation. If they occur, enjoy them and try to apply them for the benefit of others. But quit worrying about it and just meditate to deepen your awareness of the interconnectedness of all things, including the profound energies of your body and consciousness. Meditate for love and wisdom. Begin every meditation with, "May whatsoever merits I gain by acting thus, go to the benefit of ALL beings" - I like to repeat that three times. Lucid dreams are fun! And temporary. Not all my dreams are lucid (yet.) And nothing about lucid dreams changes the fact that everything changes.

So - how do we enjoy without attachment? I think, if we are fortunate enough in this lifetime to have such pleasant experiences as blissful flows of kundalini energy through our body and flying about lovely landscapes in our dreams - then the challenge of our lifetime is to answer that question: how do we enjoy without attachment? (I think one key is genuine gratitude to the universe... but that's a topic for another time.)

Hope this helps! Bon voyage!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000