Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Physical distractions during SB-P, nots, aches etc
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  11:45:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
At the moment (and for a while) I experience tension in the left side of my back, it's pretty much always there. When doing SBP it drags me off course to the left, if you know what I mean. So when I am going up and down and I pass the mid/lower back area and then the neck (where I have strong tension on the left side), the sensation of tension or strain or whatever it is sort of drags my attention towards it.

Any tips to resolve this? Any asanas that could help even me out? Or any other therapies or tips? Should I get a friend to do a massage?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Love. x

Anakletos4

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2010 :  12:27:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My advice is KIND OF against the general rule of "going steady and working with it"

Push. I mean PUSH your attention to the left side. Don't be afraid of discovering why your attention keeps moving towards a specific location.

Maybe Kundalini is trying to show you something? You can always ask it to return to normal. You won't feel imbalanced. Just go for it :)
If an imbalance appears, just center yourself back (into your Manipura or Anahata - all becomes settled).

It's always interesting to discover why your body wants to do what it wants to do. As long as you're not in a bad mood :D
Go to Top of Page

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  2:57:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SuperSunny, thanks for your advice. I kindof used it, in conjunction with AYP guidelines and balanced out with the new outlook to just do the practice and let it go where it wants, since this it has evened out nicely .

Path of least resistance, always the best, a good reminder for me to just be easy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000