Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Question regarding kechari cutting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  2:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So curiosity has overcome whatever resistence was present in regards to kechari mudra

I decided to use an exacto-knife, the ones used in arts, crafts, hobbies, etc. Essentially it is a pen with a razor blaze at one end.

Do you all think this would be appropriate?

So I made my first cut today. My wife has one of those 100X magnifying mirrors so I used that.

I noticed that there is almost like a pale colored almost white string--- I assume that is the part we need to cut?

So when cutting, I placed the edge of the blade on this area and attempted to cut. I feel like I didn't cut that white thing at all but rather made very smalll incissions on the fleshy part of it, to the left and the right--- I assume this isn't the correct proceedure? So I perhaps have used more force when cutting? Admittedly I was a bit hesitant to do it some maybe I just didn't apply enough force..

Anyways, any help for neo would be appreciated! :)

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  4:09:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cuticle snippers are best.

Don't waste your time with a blade.

Been there...done that
Go to Top of Page

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  6:10:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson2

Cuticle snippers are best.

Don't waste your time with a blade.

Been there...done that

Thanks...

A related item,

Does one stretch immediately following the cut?

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4431 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  01:18:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wakeupneo,

Some people prefer the blade, others the snippers. It's up to you.

quote:

Personally I find that immediately following a cut, I need to rest for a little while. But certainly you need to stretch the same day, and each day after otherwise the frenum will simply heal and be the same length as before.

Edited by - Christi on Dec 18 2010 01:58:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  3:25:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What kind of stretches do you do afterwards? Milking? or Talabaya Kriya? Or otherwise?

I was cutting quite frequently but not stretching much on the day, was wondering why I wasn't getting very far.

Love
Go to Top of Page

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  5:03:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Wakeupneo,

Some people prefer the blade, others the snippe
quote:

rs. It's up to you.

quote:

Personally I find that immediately following a cut, I need to rest for a little while. But certainly you need to stretch the same day, and each day after otherwise the frenum will simply heal and be the same length as before.

Do you find going into and staying in Kechari 1 or as far as you can is enough of a stretch?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4431 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  03:51:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi WakeupNeo,

quote:

Do you find going into and staying in Kechari 1 or as far as you can is enough of a stretch?

I only practice kechari 1. So for me... yes.
Go to Top of Page

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  5:45:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just thought I would/should repost as sometimes posts seem to get missed.

What kind of stretches do you do afterwards? Milking? or Talabaya Kriya? Or otherwise?

I was cutting quite frequently but not stretching much on the day, was wondering why I wasn't getting very far.

Love
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4431 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2010 :  08:38:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jono,

I just practice kechari mudra after snipping.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  7:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it is best to stretch BEFORE snipping due to some posts here.

It will send more fibers up to be snipped.
Go to Top of Page

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  2:54:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi and Alwayson.

Thanks for the info.

Haven't been cutting for a while as I didn't feel like I was getting anywhere but will hopefully now progress that bit faster now.

Love. x
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000