Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Spinal nerve, Sushumna very apparent during tantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  11:42:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This has come from a post I made to a question regarding difficulty identifying the spinal nerve. During tantric practices, with a partner or solo, is one time where I do sense the Sushumna/spinal nerve (same thing right?) and feel it strongly more so than others, while doing it also utilizing a light Mula Bandha and Sambhavi Mudra seems to help.

I don't know if anyone else experiences this?

Just thought I would share.

What is the theory behind this? Why is it so much more palpable than in other practices?

Love. x

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2010 :  03:37:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There's alot of energy being cultivated during tantra which makes our internal senses (clairsentience) more acute. Why this is more so than during other practices I don't know, maybe its meant to be the best practice? :)

Although, I find that meditation is also necessary to make tantra effective and safe.

Heck, why not throw in pranayam as well. Maybe a sacred sitting asana too. Uhh, some mudras and bandhas to go with that.. ehh diet shatkarmas and nada yoga to boot. That's one blissful salad we've got here. Err where were we? Don't listen to me I don't know anything.

Edited by - Chiron on Dec 16 2010 06:21:14 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000