Enlightenment Milestones
 Rise of dispassion ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  4:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Recently I seem to be experiencing an acceleration in what might be dispassion. This is manifesting itself in a number of different ways;

1. At work I seem to get to the end of the day without really noticing or caring where it went. I seem to be busy and most times I'm not even sure with what.

2. During a meal out with friends, someone I have once done some therapy work with asked me about a colleague at her work. In the past, when anyone mentions a problem I jump in full of enthusiasm and interest. This time I listened to a sentence trip from my tongue as if someone else was saying it "their are many lame dogs you can't cure them all, those that appear at your door you can help". I'm still a bit taken aback in one sense and in another totally relaxed. Why didn't I jump in like normal and why does this all feel so calm and unruffled.

3. During meditation tonight a thought came to me, something about the need to add more practises. A voice replied "Why, what's your hurry where have you got to be" and immediately the whole thought process collapsed leaving nothing at all. I can't really remember what prompted the first thought because the second thought was so confident, calm, reasuring and made me laugh. It was like a personal instructor, a friend all in one.

4. While driving I seem to be centering somewhere inside myself. I'm aware that I'm unconciously driving which is quite weird. It's like being a passenger in a perfect car journey, just observing the driver. Totally serene like watching a film. I can switch this off and on and will.....involved/not involved.

5. I seem less inclined to go out of my way to find things to interest me, I seem to have the answers if they are really needed, or if not any questions seem to vanish like a puff of smoke. I feel slightly trancy all the time. It feels quite normal and yet things seem remote. I can, if needed find a sort of hole through the blanket of calm and reel something in like a fisherman and examine it.

6.I visited the Doctor the other day about a skin problem. He was concerned about something on my face that he thought might be cancerous. I tried to be concerned myself - times past I would have been well into the drama zone- but found nothing, just a blank lack of interest. A few days later and it had vanished. I really had no interest if it stayed or went.

I seem to experience more of this now and less time spent worrying or madly involved. I can choose to jump into the action and hang out in some madness or not. It's not always like this, there are moments that I slip into 'normal' mode, in the past that would have constituted some sort of failure and yet now it means precisely nothing at all.

No doubt others are experiencing this, of have been through it. Just interested in sharing really.

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  03:51:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing. Interesting to hear. I know how you feel.
Go to Top of Page

slenten

23 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  3:09:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting your observations, karl!
Dispassion is an excellent and necessary vehicle for enlightenment.
Isn't it perfect how the Self creates the space and distance from the mind/ego in order to speed integration and the shift in identity?

Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  12:29:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yep sounds like what I am experiencing as of late!

As some wise man said "This too will pass"

It is like everyone is a fast flowing stream and you are a rock in the middle. It is very freeing, but is taking a while to get used to.

Edited by - woosa on Dec 21 2010 1:01:15 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000