Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 random bursts of happiness?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rowan74

Germany
8 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  09:16:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hi to all!

I'll just jump right in - for the last couple of months (specifically most of 2010) I've had random bursts of spontaneous laughter about nothing in particular and/or ("painful") happiness which seemingly come out of nowhere.
I'm writing this now because I just experienced another of my 'happy moments' and I'm not quite sure what to make of it. These moments just pop up at irregular intervals and sometimes I'm just so happy that it brings tears to my eyes (a feeling I would describe as "I have a perfect life, I am so grateful, etc." - but trust me on this one, my life is far from being 'perfect'...whatever that may mean)

I must admit that I've just started with the AYP starter pack but recently decided for a switch of paths, i.e. I've been practicing Zazen (shikantaza-style) fairly regularly for the last eight years or so. So there's a bit of experience in the way of meditation already (not including my on and off Iyengar-Yoga practice).

Don't get me wrong I like those fleeting moments and I'm not really concerned but it's just weird and I would like to know if others experience similar feelings.

thanks for your comments...

rce

USA
50 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  12:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit rce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey rowan, I get the same spontaneous moments of happiness with an all is well in the world feeling. It's good to hear that someone else has a similar experience.

Thanks for the topic and I look forward to hearing if others have this feeling. I'm betting that they do, lol.
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  09:53:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I experience this. There is often spontaneous laughter whilst resting after meditation, or at various points within the day. I've been told this is a symptom of purification. Also moments of great joy that burst through.

I assume you're pursuing AYP for the purpose of enlightenment, and merging with bliss consciousness, so I would these moments are the tip of the iceberg of what's to come.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  08:10:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the AYP forums rowan74.

As mr_anderson said, these are purification symptoms, the pleasant kind. Do you do lots of back bends? Sometimes heart openers like back bends can make us feel giddy happy too.

Anyways, it seems like a good problem to have.

All the best!!!
Go to Top of Page

rowan74

Germany
8 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  3:16:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for your replies so far...
I already suspected that those moments where some kind of purification. It was just a little bit weird when people asked me "what's wrong?" or "what's so funny?" and all I could say was "nothing"
But then again there are days where so much not so 'funny' stuff rises to the surface, I was curious as to where this process may take me and maybe if somebody else already has been there.

take care
Go to Top of Page

schtroumpsolis

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2010 :  7:28:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit schtroumpsolis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi rowan.
i get those kind of moments too, i'm not so sure if it comes from purification per say as such, i see it it more as openess and purity in itself. i'd say to your question ; more of that is coming! along with peace, silence of the mind, blisfull moment and other things.a lot is depending on your selfdiscipline , futures choices etc, it's hard to say where it will take you but it surely will lead you to be a better person, to be more of what you are already!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000