Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Subtle mantra difference, better results.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WhiteCrane38

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  1:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit WhiteCrane38's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi folks,
During recent meditations i have let the mantra come to me more and more instead of intentionaly repeating it. What i have noticed as my mind settles down is that the mantra comes very subtley as a vibration and only then do i pronounce it ...... but i have found that if this vibration has come to me as the intention of the mantra, then if i dont actually pronounce the word after the vibration, the effect seems to take me to even quieter levels of the mind i.e. the intention of the word (mantra) is enough without the actual subtle pronounciation! What i want to know is this....has the word (mantra) already been formed at a much deeper level of the mind with the meaning already implicit and if so is this the way to go about Samyama?

Cheers everyone.

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  1:23:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi WhiteCrane,

Very interesting question. As long as we don't mix meditation, where no meaning of the mantra is intended, with samyama, where meaning of the sutra is intended, then I'm interested in the answer to your question as well. If you don't mind, I will rephrase the question like this:

If the vibration comes up as the intention of the mantra, then if I don't actually pronounce the word after the vibration, has the word (mantra) already been formed at a much deeper level of the mind, and is this still considered correct procedure to meditate?
Go to Top of Page

WhiteCrane38

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  1:27:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit WhiteCrane38's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Spot on Weaver, Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

AlanCrawfordUK

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  12:16:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't mind the answer to this one myself! (I realise this over three years old, but perhaps my reply will bring fresh eyes to it!)

Wishing you peace and happiness,

Alan
Go to Top of Page

Rumighoul

11 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  5:35:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rumighoul's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I second that, I´d be very interested to hear what people think of this question as this is an area I´ve struggled with - levels of the mantra, and levels of "intentionality of pronunciation" with regard to it.
Go to Top of Page

schtroumpsolis

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  4:27:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit schtroumpsolis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes this is it ! this the real thing i think you are doing just fine!!!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  5:25:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

A review of this lesson might be helpful:
http://www.aypsite.org/366.html

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

AlanCrawfordUK

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2010 :  03:03:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yogani, that makes perfect sense.

Wishing you peace and happiness,

Alan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000