Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Too much Spinal breathing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

awaevo

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  5:29:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been doing spinal breathing and deep meditation for about 2 years now. Everything has been going smoothly and I would like to know if it is safe to lightly do spinal breathing during "normal" daily activities. I have found myself with the urge to trace the spinal nerve while sitting at my desk many-a-day. Can this lead to any problems?

Thank you

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  6:31:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know there are some good posts out there on this that I will try to dig up for you but I would say its not a good idea, spinal breathing and DM go hand in hand, compliment eachother. In my own personal experience, trying to just do Spinal breathing and no DM leaves me feeling pretty frazzled and irritated energy and mood wise
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  9:26:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Faileforever, not a good idea to do spinal breathing outside of your practice routine.

Why don't you add something new to your routine?
Do you have all the additions to spinal breathing? Sambhavi? Mulabandha? sidhhasana?

Or add heart breathing perhaps?
Samyama?
Something else? .... there are so many to choose from.

Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  4:39:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I find the same type of thing happening. I sense the "energy vibrations" at just about any moment of mental rest. It can be listening to music or just taking a deep breath. It is always there as long as I am not "thinking". I believe that this is a normal development. The"bliss" with easy energy flow seems to be increasingly my base state.

I would be very interested in additional comments/advice.

Namaste, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

awaevo

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  6:57:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys so much! I'm gonna follow the advice and just allow the energy vibrations to be there without doing any extra random spinal breathing outside of my practice.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000