Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 zoned out?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  2:53:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

When I begin DM I immediately go into pure bliss conscioussness. I´m not sure how long this lasts, but then it shifts to a place I call the zone. The house is totally empty except me and the outside is quiet. There is complete and utter silence within. I don´t feel conscious, but I don´t feel asleep, either. And when I `come to` it´s like the ending of a routine, and when I look at my watch, anywhere from 30min. to an hour has passed. Yesterday when I came around I had been drooling on my chin! Go figure.

I guess what I am trying to say is what the heck is going on? Am I asleep? I thought with pure bliss consciousness one was conscious the whole time and I don´t seem to be. And if I am not, then where am I, in this zone? What and where is this zone? Thanks, L&L, nirmal

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  3:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How do you feel when you "come to"? I mean on a spectrum from drowsy/groggy to awake/alert.
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  11:37:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nirmal,

Yes it happens to me also I think its part and parcel of purification only! But when I come out of meditation I feel fresh and alert but in the initial stage I was feeling sleepy too!

Love and Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  11:55:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nirmal and All:

See this lesson: http://www.aypsite.org/17.html

Does that sound familiar?

It can also go to something we could call "blackout" (seeming loss of consciousness), which is a version of what is described in the lesson. It is normal, a phase, and will pass as those deep obstructions are dissolved. The result will be more clarity and joy in daily living.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  09:20:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I am initially groggy, then I am totally alert and energised for the day.

Then throughout the day I am totally relaxed and calm like I have never
been before, even on mega doses of valium!!

Yes, it must be purification, and Lord knows I have a lot to purify!

Yes, Yogani, I have read Lesson #17, #36- 5th dimension and #16- bliss to try and get a handle on it! Thanks for your advice.

L&L,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  10:49:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nirmal
#36- 5th dimension...

"Life is like that. Dealing with it only in time and space, four dimensions, it is often an unsolvable puzzle. We go round and round, never quite getting the pieces to fit together. When we begin to meditate, we are adding a new dimension, a new perspective. Then the pieces start to fit together, and it all begins to make sense."
--Yogani

nirmal

Thanks for referencing lesson 36. It is timely.

Be
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000