Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Mild facial numbness and laughter/happiness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SophiaUnbound

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  06:46:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello!
Yesterday I added mulabandha and sambhavi together for the first time with spinal breathing. The effect was very good and the spinal energy feels more sturdy this way. Without it, the energy sometimes made quick little circles at the base of my spine, up into my pelvis; with mulabandha and sambhavi, I get a nice firm, grounded movement. Then, about 10 minutes after I stopped my evening practice and went on about my family activities, I got a surprise. My nose and the area between my eyes tingled a little, as if they were numb. I noticed this, and then moved on into my evening, but then started to smile and wanted to laugh and giggle--it was a funny/ticklish sort of bliss bubbling up into my face. I associated this with my third eye, which I have not done much work on directly in the past, focussing a too much on the crown in less refined methods I've used in years past. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this sort of reaction to mulabandha and sambhavi. As Yogani said in his lesson on it, it's kind of fun! (BTW I really appreciate having this forum, though it's the first time I've posted. Thank you all.)

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  08:20:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like a good reaction, SophiaUnbound.

Welcome to the AYP forums.

Laughing, feeling giddy happy, slight numbness and tingly feelings in the 3rd eye area are all signs of purification and are normal. If it does not interfere with your everyday life, which I have a feeling it is not, go ahead with the addition of mulabandha and sambhavi to spinal breathing.

Just a couple of things that struck me in your post that I would like to get some clarification on:
When you say, "focussing a too much on the crown in less refined methods I've used in years past", you are not doing this anymore right? It is safer to not work directly with the crown and let the crown open naturally. At least in the beginning.

When you say "about 10 minutes after I stopped my evening practice and went on about my family activities, I got a surprise", do you only practice spinal breathing, or do you practice deep meditation as well?
Go to Top of Page

SophiaUnbound

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  08:54:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti, yes, I do spinal breathing, meditation, then spinal breathing, two times per day as a practice right now. I'm not focussing on the crown anymore at all, but just between the eyes or thereabouts. This is really refocussing my previously less controlled energy. What I meant by focussing too much on the crown has to do with some imaginative techniques I've used in prayer/meditation before, involving imagining tongues of flame at my crown (as in the images of Christian pentecost) while in a state of silence/communion with God. And on a different (but not completely unconnected) note, I have been experiencing crown-area and whole-body releases during relations with my husband for 20 years. We just sort of discovered that by slow, tantric accident. Anyhow, that's not my particular focus now (neither the crown-energy nor the big, upward-moving releases), but rather slowly, slowly apprehending this new way of awareness of the energy that led to all those experiences in prayer and intimacy over the years, and then adding this new way to the old ones. So far I'm really happy about this revision process, which is having whole-life effects. Thanks for your questions: they made me feel welcome.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  09:41:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sound like you are on the right path SophiaUnbound (love your name ). Lovely!!!
Thanks for sharing.
Feel free to ask any other questions you may have.
All the best.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000