Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Does anyone know how to become an immortal?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2010 :  2:35:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I want to become an immortal just so I have more time to practice spirituality.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2010 :  7:31:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can investigate the following words via google and books:

- kaya kalpa
- babaji and 18 siddha yogis
- soruba samadhi / swarupa samadhi

It is said that immense amounts of SBP leads to it, e.g. look at all those kriya yogis. Perhaps you can look at Yogani aswell ^^

- amaroli =P

Don't think that it is needed in these times as much as it was in earlier times. Why not reach causal-body-awareness (aka savikalpa samadhi) in this lifetime? Then even if the body drops, you won't loose any consciousness and will know fully + have a fresh and young body to go on.

It is also said that one can go on practicing in the astral world.

Wouldn't worry too much about it, give all now. Everything satisfactory should be reachable fully in this lifetime especially in these times.

Edit: Within the 6 yogas of Naropa, look at "consciousness transference".

Don't think that one can do any of this without the help of a godmode-master.

Edited by - Holy on Nov 09 2010 9:22:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Amdor

Netherlands
43 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  04:16:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Amdor's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you have to become one with the great spirit, but i think that there is no more YOU after that!
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  1:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
this sounds a little scary but i think I've achieved a certain amount of immortality in this life time.

I say this because i've prayed very hard over a number of months to have a wife.

some time later i was filled with the Holy Spirit which told me I will meet my wife and afterwards i have had many experiences of moving between life and death and everytime i have turned to God to go to Heaven and have been put back in my body.

I think this makes me a survivor.

it doesn't necessarily make me immortal but it does say that you nor anyone can kill me except God.

May Archangel Michael protect

Joe
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  12:39:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson2

You are already immortal.

Be still, know.

QUESTION: ARE THERE FAST AND SLOW WAYS OF ATTAINMENT?

BODHIDHARMA: IF ONE SEES THAT ENDLESS TIME IS THE MIND, HE WILL ATTAIN QUICKLY, BUT IF HE MAKES A POINT IN HIS MIND AND AIMS AT HIS DESTINATION, HE WILL ATTAIN SLOWLY. THE WISE ONE KNOWS HIS MIND IS THE PATH; THE STUPID ONE MAKES A PATH BEYOND HIS MIND. HE DOES NOT KNOW WHERE THE PATH IS NOR DOES HE KNOW THAT MIND ITSELF IS THE PATH.

QUESTION: WHY DOES ONE ATTAIN QUICKLY?

BODHIDHARMA: BECAUSE MIND IS THE BODY OF THE PATH, THEREFORE IS QUICKLY REACHED. STUPID ONES MARK THEIR OWN TIME STARTING ACCORDING TO THAT STANDARD, THEREFORE THEY MUST MAKE THEIR OWN DESTINATION ACCORDING TO THEIR OWN DELUSIONS.

http://www.balbro.com/lotus/lion9.htm
Go to Top of Page

Scorpio1987uk

Virgin Islands (United Kingdom)
57 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  11:33:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing ever dies, it just changes shape, you become a seed again.

"Don't try to be a great man, just try to be a man." quote from Star Trek.
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  02:11:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
An eternity of eating and pooping. That will run into the trillions on toilet tissue. No thanks.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  12:33:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know how rainbow body is obtained, but it dependent on how long your life span is, so thats why I ask this. Your life needs to be long enough to finish the four visions of thogal.
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  6:47:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson2

I also suspect that aspects of AYP would cultivate this condition. Amaroli is supposedly contributive to this, but i am not an expert.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  6:54:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jo-self

An eternity of eating and pooping. That will run into the trillions on toilet tissue. No thanks.

Breatherian Immortals don't have to deal with that......so maybe you could give it a whirl! Hah Hah Hah!

Edited by - Rael on Nov 18 2010 9:50:34 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000