Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Spinal breathing - path is "kinked" on inbreath?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jasis

Germany
27 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  03:26:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

when I try and trace the spinal nerve on the in-breath I notice that the awareness automatically curves out away from the spine (always to the same right side). This happens always in the same place (lower spine). The outbreath I can trace the spine up and down. But the tracing on the inbreath exhibits this "kink".

Any ideas please?

Thanks,
Jasis

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  06:01:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would go with the sensation rather than keeping a rigid visualization of how you think it should go. If you allow your sensations to guide you then you are more likely to get a deeper spontaneous opening
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  08:24:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gee, thanks for the tip with the original question.
As a practised SB for the first time last evening, I can see where the visualisation was stronger than noticing the sensation.
Lots to learn, I am sure. That little tip may help.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  8:44:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is like digging a tunnel. Somewhere along the route the earth may be harder so you can't dig straight through but have to make a little "curve" around it and then go on. Over time this going around will soften that harder area till one day you can dig directly through.

It's normal and many obstructions like that will cross your journey. If you favor the practice as good as possible in every moment, it's still highly effective on many levels.
Go to Top of Page

jasis

Germany
27 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  11:30:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all the feedback, it is very helpful. I will follow awareness and just let the practice be what it is.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  12:45:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good analogy, Holy.
Also sometimes what we imagine as a straight path may be a distortion and there really are no straight lines deep inside of us anyway, its all circles, spirals, waves and flows, just enjoy thr process and don't impose too much will on it just follow the road inside.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000