Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Kumbhaka during SPB
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  9:59:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

These a few days I've been having sort of automatic kumbhaka during SPB and am feeling a bit overloaded.

It happened when the attention joins the 3rd eye, and then it's as if it's sucked into the 3rd eye and glued there and wouldn't come down. Meanwhile breathing stopped. It's so much so that to continue to breathe out seems a bit forcing.

What can I do to stop the kumbhaka? Thanks a lot!

Phil

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  08:58:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Phil,

There is not much you can do to stop this. It is automatic yoga happening, as the energetic movements start to come in to play. It is not recommended to force things. If it is causing energetic overload, then just cut down on your spinal breathing times every day for a while, until things smooth out.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  10:13:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Phil

I started a thread about this happening to me back in March of this year...you can read what others said to me here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=7500&

Hope this helps

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  3:08:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi and Carson,

Thank you both for the input! Sorry that I didn't do a search before asking! I cut off uddiyana which I feel encourages kumbhaka during SPB. Also deduct 5 minutes from DM, which is now also an energy practice. Added solar enhancement. This effectively cures the overload symptoms.

I have one more thing to ask though: The SPB seems to be all about pulling up, that tracing the spinal nerve down becomes almost impossible. The sensation is actually when my intention goes down, there's something going up instead. This seems to create an energy concentration on top, almost a top-root imbalance. Did you experience similar things? How can I deal with this?

Namaste!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2010 :  11:20:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Phil,

With energy, things change all the time. But there can be a time when the prana is essentially rising, and this can make it difficult to follow the spinal nerve downwards. If this happens, then do your best. If it is impossible, you can jump with your attention to the root chakra with the out-breath, and then follow the spine back up with the in-breath.

If there is a top-heavy concentration of prana at the ajna chakra, this doesn't matter. It happens when the chakra is being purified and opened. Later on it happens with the crown too, and prana flows continuously up and out, like a fountain from both the ajna and crown chakras.

If you get headaches, or feel unstable, then that is the indication to self-pace, otherwise, it is just purification happening. And yes, in this phase, meditation becomes an energetic practice too. Actually it always is, but we normally don't notice it.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2010 :  9:26:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

I actually did what you advice me to do:)
Your answer really cleared away the fog created by my mind fretting over it. My heartfelt thanks go to you!

((((hug))))

Sorry, the retreat really opened my heart, so just feel like hugging:)
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2010 :  01:32:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Phil,

Great.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000