AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 would like to hear from kechari practitioners
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  01:53:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello there everyone

i just read Lesson 108, regarding kechari mudra.

now, i must say i am pretty skeptical.

i don't see ecstatic conductivity could increase any further, even with this mudra. and it seems inordinately difficult and esoteric.

i would imagine that it must have some benefit to some people, otherwise why the popularity?

please share your experiences with kechari. did it increase the bliss noticeably for you?

i would especially like to hear from people who already were experiencing very high amounts of ecstatic conductivity for years prior to trying kechari... did it change things?

i would try myself just to see but i don't think my tongue goes that far!

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  02:53:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A Big Yes, it changes a lot of things. But in case you are experiencing even little signs of overloading then i suggest you stay away.

Best wishes
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  12:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
well no worries about jumping into it without planning... because it's physically impossible for me to do

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  12:35:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TTN

This was talked about a little at the retreat. I am capable of getting all the way into Kechari stage 4, but generally I stay in stage 1 for most of my practices. It does have an energetic effect (essentially helping to open an energetic pathway straight to the center of the head) but in my experience once that pathway is opened, the same effect can be achieved through stage 1. Others at the retreat said they had had the same experience.

Hope this helps!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  5:06:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I went through the phase of doing it all the time. Now I hardly do it at all. I should probably get back into it.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Oct 28 2010 5:09:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  5:24:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
awesome Carson, thanks for the response!

i broached the question because Lesson 108 made Kechari Mudra sound like the greatest thing since sliced bread

so am i correct if i make the interpretation that Kechari probably would have a very large effect on someone just beginning their practices, and not so much for more advanced practitioners?

xxx
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  10:31:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I always practice kechari during my pranayama/meditation practice as well as other random times during the day. It doesn't feel strange or esoteric, just another thing that I do with my tongue when I want my energy flow to open up. In meditation and pranayama it opens up a deeper channel in the upper body for the prana to flow. It doesn't feel so much as a dramatic thing but at this phase just feels appropriate at certain times. certainly no harm there anyway
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  10:38:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TTN

Kechari only seems to have any significant effect once the inner energies are awakened. Before that it doesn't seem to do much. Once the inner energies are moving kechari then becomes (IMO) a manifestation of bhakti. If you are inclined to do it, do it. If not, don't. There's only one way to find out the effects of kechari really, and that is to try it.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  11:55:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks victor and carson

it doesn't sound like a wise investment for me and no bahkti for that here ... was hoping for some understanding about what difference the kechari brings in contrast with normal... if it's just more intensity or if it changed the quality somehow. i suppose the only way to know is to experience (duh) so i guess i will never know

Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  01:28:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If there is already alot of energy flow then kechari can help open up channels for its flow so is very worthwhile in my opinion. That said, I would feel a bit reluctant personally to snip very much, not everybody needs to.
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  04:22:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Right now I'm at 'Stage 3' and wondering how I'm supposed to go up those narrow nostrils.. twist, twist, bend.. hmm.. maybe its not long enough *snip* *snip*.. hmm.

Anyway, once I was able to go into Khechari without finger help I did it constantly throughout my daily activities for a few weeks, until I overblew one of my lower chakras. Now I'm a bit more cautious. For me its a practice that has to be combined with devotional/meditative sitting practices, ie. not something to be triffled with, especially since I don't really know what I'm doing yet (if ever?).

Not sure of the direct energy effects (i usually feel effects after practices not during), but it becomes one of the levers you can utilise whenever there is need (such as in Tantra) ie. just like mulabandha at the perinium, uddiyana at the abdomen, sambhavi at the brows etc..
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  04:40:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good question Chiron. I found that stage 4 was god for alternate nostril breathing (which I don't practice at the moment) but otherwise can't get my tongue up the nostril holes either but not worried about it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000