Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Siddhasana
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  04:00:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everybody,

I have been practicing Siddhasana, and don´t know if this is common or not, but I am having trouble with enliving much sexual energy. Sometimes it´s there, with my right heel, while my left heel, mostly nothing at all. I have read and reread the lesson over and over and believe I am doing it correctly.

Is there something I am doing or not doing to get the bronco jumping around in my pelvis? What can I do to increase sexual energy upward? ( I visualise heaving up these energies up from my perenium to my third eye.) I also practice mulabandha, sambhavi and samyama.

L&L,
nirmal

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  06:13:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just keep doing what you are doing. Don't compare each session with another as this will not help with your progress.

Every time you sit in meditation believe that it is the first meditation that you are doing. That way you have nothing to compare it with.

My experience with Siddhasana was a bit arousing at the beginning, but it has died down. Now I just sit in it. It feels right. All the mudras and bandhas all work together the facilitate 'ecstatic conductivity' and the whole body mudra http://www.aypsite.org/212.html.

Don't expect fireworks because if/when they do happen it may set you back and the frustration of self-pacing and bhakti will make it harder for you. Its much better to cultivate the 'ecstatic conductivity' slowly. I know that if nothing big happens you feel nothing is happening, but it is.
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  07:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Woosa, Thanks!
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  11:29:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nirmal

You can always try "Advanced Siddhasana" which is explained here: http://www.aypsite.org/T28.html

Do be careful to watch for both immediate and delayed overload though!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  03:11:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nirmal
What can I do to increase sexual energy upward?

I faced a similar issue when I started meditation few years ago.

But in my case the energy would get stuck at sexual centre while returning back from above.

The energy would return down like a strong wave and would get stuck at the sexual centre.... making me ejaculate (think a weak dam trying to stop a strong flow of river).

Then one day I did Sirsasana after finishing my meditation. It raised the energy back into the Crown and dispersed it from there.

Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  04:37:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CarsonZi,

Thanks for your suggestion. The advanced Siddhasana made a drastic, complete world of difference to me!

Gratefully yours,
nirmal

P.S. I´ll be careful!
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  04:40:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Manigma,

Thanks for the tip! I will remember this if I need it. CarsonZi pointed me to the advanced form of Siddhasana, and that seems to be working now.

L&L,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  10:13:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nirmal,

Carson has warned you about the possible delayed effect. So watch out for it. Siddhasana is very powerful. It overloaded me several times when I just did a tiny bit more.
I've been doing simplified version of it for several months. And sexual energy is all going up to head. The thing is that the sexual energy might be stealthily converted and going up without causing too much phenomena, like arousal etc. Yet it can cause overload for sure.

Or maybe I'm just too sensitive. But it's good to be cautious and just add a few minutes more after a period of time. Adding a full 30minutes advanced siddhasana is very likely to overload....

Phil
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  01:35:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't worry about sexual energy during practice, just do the practice. If sexual energy comes up then open the breath to it without getting too absorbed in it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000