Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 The effects of technique versions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chela7

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  10:40:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

I would like your opinions on the effects of certain techniques. I have been practicing Chin Pump in the morning and Thokar Kriya in the evening. I'm trying to figure out which one is more powerful.

I have also been practicing yoni mudra kumbhaka of AYP in the morning and Yoni mudra of Kriya Yoga( Closing all face openings). I feel the energy and see a brilliance with the kriya yoga version that I don't experience with the AYP version.

Which version these techniques do you feel is more powerful and effective and why?

Any and all opinions will be greatly appreciated.

-Chela7

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  10:06:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chela,

To be honest with you, I've never practiced these, except when they came automatically during Pranamaya or meditation. But I would like to say that
to care too much about the "power" of certain techniques seems to indicate a lack of inner silence. This means an imbalance between the silence side and the energy side of spiritual practices. I once practiced Taoist techniques without meditation, which caused huge trouble to the point of having traumatic result. So I would suggest you to do daily meditation and set that up as the solid basis for energetic techniques.

Also, trying techniques from different schools of yoga might cause problems, as they might integrate well with each other; and it'd be hard to find out what's the cause of overloading and other problems.

If I were you, I'd just follow ayp or any other system. and experiment until I were really advanced.

Hope this helps!

Phil
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  01:33:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I very much like the chin pump but it really does need to be done with great sensitivity with the intention of turning the head to be the slightest urge with the prana itself doing the action rather than mechanical muscle action. The head turn is like a release actually, an allowing of the prana to move you. I also like to pause a bit after full inhalation before sealing the throat for kumbhaka and then as I reverse direction keep inhaling for just a moment before sealing the throat. This seems to open up the breath in the upper chest BUT everyone is in a different place in how their practice feels so I might be suggesting for someone to turn right where they need to turn left. I suggest paying close attention to the road (feel of the prana) and driving accordingly.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000