Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Stages/phases of kundalini?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CannabisSativa

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2010 :  2:11:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
What are they? I wanna know how long it takes for a full awakening. I've heard it takes years, but why a long time?

I've been meditating for 2-3 months, no anything in particular but I have just been raising this energy which feels very good, kind of like fire or an orgasm. I've only been able to make it reach my throat, at this pace when am I gonna have an awakening?

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2010 :  2:28:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Who can say, Cannabis?

From the standpoint of AYP, the idea is to just do your practices and be patient. These things happen in their own time.

I think that this perspective is the right one. We just don't know about these things. "Where were you when I created the Heavens and the stars sang together?" -paraphrased quote from Job, the book.

From what I've read from people who have cultivated their practices with intention, 2-3 months is not a long time at all. Others probably have a better idea of the timeline, but I think most people who do this are practicing for many years.

Don't be discouraged though, practice will bring you many positive benefits along the way!
Go to Top of Page

Scorpio1987uk

Virgin Islands (United Kingdom)
57 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2010 :  4:00:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well from reading your name, I assume you use Cannabis, I had my kundalini awakening after using the drug for about 8 years, but once you have your kundalini awakening you will find that cannabis really screws with your mind and that "energy that feels very good" will NOT feel very good, trust me, I wish now that I never touched the stuff because I get this pain in my third eye almost every night when I go to sleep, also I had many hallucinations and delusions and cannabis really puts you in the wrong frame of mind to do any serious work with kundalini. From the way you are describing that energy, I think you nearly have a full awakening, I would not recommend playing with the third eye and crown chakra, they cause a lot more problems than they solve until you are experienced and know what you are doing, I don't have much experience but I think a few people will agree with what I am saying. Stay away from that stuff even though a lot of people use it for spiritual purposes the stuff they grow these days is not really cannabis anymore it has been genetically modified and had a lot of stuff added to it, this is speak from experience I think once I had my skunk spiked with heroin because I was having hallucinations and hearing voices. If you really feel the need to smoke that stuff make sure it is good old homegrown weed, not the "super skunk".
Go to Top of Page

CannabisSativa

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2010 :  4:00:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot, very positive! :D
Were you being sarcastic when you mentioned my name hahaha?
The thing is that I'm very confused as I don't know the kundalini process step by step, I hear about all the systems to be prepared, but how does one raise it consciously? Aren't the poses, mantras and breathing techniques just to prepare oneself?

I've been trying alone by putting my awareness on the chakras but that's the only way I've been doing it. Am I doing it wrong?

But I guess I should read everything on this website first lol, it's just so much information :O.

If anyone could give more knowledge on this I would appreciate it.

Edited by - CannabisSativa on Oct 25 2010 4:32:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

CannabisSativa

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2010 :  4:57:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the advice Scorpio, I didn't see your post before replying to "tonightsthenight". About that cannabis issue, I don't really use it, or smoke. I'm an athlete and I run a lot, I have eaten the cookies, brownies, edibles and although they helped me perceive the world in a more positive light I haven't used it since I started kundalini. And now that you told me I won't and if I do I'll make sure it is very very sparingly. But people who see my name don't judge me because of it, I'm a very good guy and really looking forward in advancing spiritually. :)

Oh yeah and about the third eye and crown yeah I'll wait until I'm prepared I guess, but how do I know when is the time? Is it when I feel too much energy throughout my body? What if the energy goes upward to the crown involuntarily? Does that ever happen?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm a very curious person. Thanks a lot to you two who responded.

(^_^)
Go to Top of Page

Scorpio1987uk

57 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2010 :  8:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah sometimes the kundalini is involuntary, it happened to me :P I remember when I had my awakening after smoking some strong skunk, The kundalini seemed to bypass all the chakras all the way out the top of my head and I had an out of body experience and started hearing thousands of voices, it felt like I was watching my own body from a few feet in the air, I ended up in psychiatric care for a few years after that until I found others who had the same experience then I realized I was'nt crazy :P It was only after a lot of thinking that I realized that the voices were in fact all the cells in my own body, the chakras are communication centres to the "little people" inside you, they are very clever and they listen to every thought you ever had, thats why the kundalini experience is about purification and clearing your own consciousness of all the mental garbage that gets implanted to us by our schools, parents and rubbish media so that you can communicate to them better. Involuntary awakenings can be very dangerous if you don't have any knowledge or proper training because it is hard to interpret what you experience. I would only recommend doing the crown and third eye chakras if you want to have visions, lucid dreams, astral projections, out of body experiences and other "magic".

I am glad that you ingested cannabis instead of smoking it because that is the healthy aproach since most of the impurities get filtered out quicker before they reach the brain and it is also how our ancestors took cannabis, it used to be one of the most common plants in the world it can grow just about anywhere, it is a real shame it has been made illegal in most countries, I think there is a major conspiracy going on, like the goverment does not want people to activate kundalini since it is the most jealously guarded secret in the world and people would lose interest in money, working 9 to 5 and becoming another part in the great machine of capitalism, I thank God/Goddess for the miracle of telephones and Internet.
Go to Top of Page

CannabisSativa

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  12:33:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Psychiatric care for years? Ok now I'm a little scared to continue this . . . how did you fix it? Do you just listen to the voices?

And yeah you're right, cannabis has been restricted because it does have some effects on the spiritual body if used correctly I assume. When I would ingest it I would feel my solar plexus get strong and my third eye would get a strong feeling. A lot of things help I've heard like DMT/Ayahuasca which open the crown, third eye and purify. Never tried them though but when I'm more advanced I want to go to the amazons and join the shamans on the ceremony.

Edited by - CannabisSativa on Oct 26 2010 01:35:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Scorpio1987uk

57 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  11:44:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I was in psychiatric care for a few years, I still am actualy, but now I only have to visit them like once every few months for a check up and take medication, When I first heard the voices they were speaking to me in english, but now they sound like animals I hear them all the time they sound like little birds and bees, and the sex chakra sounds like a cat lol. I would'nt even think about trying DMT and Ayahuasca, those drugs are for spiritual ceremonies, the people who take that stuff have been perfecting the ritual for years and know exactly what they are doing. One of my best friends did take DMT once though, he said to me he had a lucid vision of a waterfall he could see in his mind. There is also a drug called Sativa Angelicus which is legal in my country (England) they sell it in a shop down my road, but I have never tried it, and I would'nt recommend it either since it is a psychedelic.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  12:11:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cannibas,

If after a few months you can feel the energy up to your throat, you are doing very well. There is no set timing and we all experience different aspects. The energy feeling is great, but make sure you spend time on the stillness. Most K issues come from too much early energy focus.

Namaste, Jeff
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000