Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 How does the crown open?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2010 :  11:32:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys,
I have read from multiple sources that the Crown Chakra does not have any karma accumulated in it and is not stuffed with karma like other chakras are. Which makes me wonder why is it not open from the beginning? If it is already clear then why does it need to be opened? What does crown opening mean then?

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  10:01:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Emil,

The crown won't open until enough karmic cleansing has taken place, which we call purification in AYP. The space that the crown chakra opens to is a space that is beyond karmic accumulations. The crown opening is the process of opening to that place, beyond karma, which is pure bliss consciousness.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2010 :  11:54:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Emil

Hi guys,
I have read from multiple sources that the Crown Chakra does not have any karma accumulated in it and is not stuffed with karma like other chakras are. Which makes me wonder why is it not open from the beginning? If it is already clear then why does it need to be opened? What does crown opening mean then?

Its bit tricky isn't it?

It means when your Crown chakra opens, you will realise that there never was any chakra nor any karma.

Because the Self does not have any.

Go to Top of Page

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  03:43:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,
Totally agree with what you said. I was just wondering: what changes in us that facilitates crown opening? Is that general purification in our nadies that leads to crown opening? Then howcome putting attention on top of the head and aggrevate a premature crown opening? (which cannot be undone!) If there is no karma there, there's nothing for attention to cleanup in that area. So why is it that putting attention on that area can make a difference?

I know I'm looking a bit too much under the hood but the fact that pre-mature crown openings cannot be undone (and I've got that idea from a number of people in the forums) makes me wonder what is the mechanism behind it?
Go to Top of Page

Scorpio1987uk

Virgin Islands (United Kingdom)
57 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  11:14:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldnt put any effort to prematurely open the crown if I was in your position, I made that mistake through the abuse of drugs plus I had really bad Karma which caused me to have many hallucinations, both visual and auditory. I did however experience the pure bliss consciousness for about 10 seconds, which deep down inside I regret having because it made the rest of my life seem like suffering. To experience true happines you must experience true pain, it is part of the duality of things, but if you become addicted to pleasure the pain becomes worse, its a vicious cycle which is very hard to escape from, just take it slow and when the rest of the chakra system is ready the crown will follow.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  12:55:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Scorpio1987uk

I wouldnt put any effort to prematurely open the crown if I was in your position, I made that mistake through the abuse of drugs plus I had really bad Karma which caused me to have many hallucinations, both visual and auditory....

I don't feel there is anything called a Premature crown opening. If the Crown has opened (naturally or by accident), it means that it was supposed to open that way. It was your destiny.

One might die or go mad in the process but I don't think it matters a lot.

And there is no thing like a bad or good karma. The terms hold true only for those who believe in Karma. A yogi has no karma.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  07:27:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Emil

Hi Christi,
Totally agree with what you said. I was just wondering: what changes in us that facilitates crown opening? Is that general purification in our nadis that leads to crown opening? Then how come putting attention on top of the head and aggravate a premature crown opening? (which cannot be undone!) If there is no karma there, there's nothing for attention to cleanup in that area. So why is it that putting attention on that area can make a difference?

Hi Emil,

There are a number of things that can cause the crown chakra to open. The best, and safest way for the crown to open, is if it happens as a result of purifying the rest of the body first. When the lower 6 chakras are purified and open, and prana is expanding up through the body, then the crown will begin to open naturally. Actually there is nothing you need to do to open it, but direct methods can help to speed up the process, when you are ready. Lesson 199 is all about that.

There are other things that can open the crown chakra though. A blow to the top of the head, or a severe trauma for example. Putting our attention on the top of the head will activate the crown (in fact any chakra can be activated by putting the attention on that chakra). Also bringing your attention into the 7th auric field will activate the crown. This is an auric field made of golden light which exists some distance from the body.

Visualizations, such as imagining white light coming down through the top of your head or imagining a golden lotus there, opening, will also do the trick. Taking Ayawaska seems to open the crown pretty wide, as can receiving healing on the top of your head. My own crown chakra was largely opened through receiving darshan from a saint. So there are so many ways to open the crown chakra.

A premature kundalini awakening just means a kundalini awakening which is painful and/ or destabilizing. This could be caused by the premature awakening of the crown chakra, but it could also be caused by many other things (excessive asana practice for example).

The process by which attention activates and opens chakras is not due simply to purification of the nadis. Prana (energy) in the body will follow attention. So bringing the attention to any chakra, will cause prana to flow here, and the chakra to open. At first it may open only a tiny bit, and not be observable to the owner of the body, but over time (months and years) the chakra will open more and more, and it becomes more noticeable. This is how Spinal Breathing Pranayama works. Purification is the ongoing effect of the movement of prana and the activation of the chakras, and also the ongoing cause of the awakening. It's a two way thing.

quote:
I know I'm looking a bit too much under the hood but the fact that pre-mature crown openings cannot be undone (and I've got that idea from a number of people in the forums) makes me wonder what is the mechanism behind it?

Premature kundalini awakenings (Caused by a premature crown opening, or other means) tend to be quite aggressive. This is because there is too much prana moving through a nervous system which is not yet ready to handle the voltage. In the case of a premature kundalini awakening caused by a premature crown opening it can be even worse. This is because the open crown will tend to draw kundalini from the root of the spine right up to (and through) the top of the head. So it's often a full-on awakening involving the whole chakra system and involving the Brahma nadi which is the branch of the sushumna going through the crown chakra.

I don't know if it is true that a premature crown awakening cannot be undone. If enough grounding is done, and spiritual practices are avoided completely, then eventually the chakras would close, and kundalini would go back to sleep at the base of the spine. But it could take years, and in any case, would be an incredible waste of an opportunity that may rarely come around again. In the event of a premature kundalini awakening it would be much easier, useful and fun, to stabilize the energy and then fully purify and awaken the whole being, than to put the kundalini back to sleep.

It's not that hard to do.

But that is why, in AYP the crown chakra is avoided until quite late in the process. It is simply playing safe.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Nov 11 2010 10:50:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  1:37:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi,

From your description of a crown opening, I would venture to say that my kundalini awakening was also a crown opening - with energy rushing through the spine and out the head. Since then it has never re-opened, and it may have closed in response to the great fear I felt at the time due to the high energy flows. I was afraid I was going crazy and/or dying during the experience, but by the next day I was praying for some way to find my way back. Initially I did feel that I had lost a great opportunity since I was too afraid. Anyway, it can be closed, even rather quickly, and I think fear was the major factor in that.

Emil,

As I mentioned above, I only have this one crown experience to speak from - but it was as though an infinite river of energy was flowing through me, from below my spine, all the way through me to above my head. From what I understand, putting attention on the crown is inviting this infinite river of energy through the body's energy channels - and if they aren't ready, the sheer force of that much purification can be debilitating. It felt like a tidal wave. I couldn't move or think. In the lessons, Yogani talks about "the fine art of housecleaning without making a mess." Well this crown opening that I had with my kundalini awakening could be described as a tornado blowing the house to pieces. Even if the crown is re-closed, there's a lot of repair work to be done afterward.

So if it is true as you say, that there are no karmic obstructions at the crown, then it appears the danger of the premature opening is in the amount of purification that can happen in other areas.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  07:11:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDH

Christi,

From your description of a crown opening, I would venture to say that my kundalini awakening was also a crown opening - with energy rushing through the spine and out the head. Since then it has never re-opened, and it may have closed in response to the great fear I felt at the time due to the high energy flows. I was afraid I was going crazy and/or dying during the experience, but by the next day I was praying for some way to find my way back. Initially I did feel that I had lost a great opportunity since I was too afraid. Anyway, it can be closed, even rather quickly, and I think fear was the major factor in that.

Emil,

As I mentioned above, I only have this one crown experience to speak from - but it was as though an infinite river of energy was flowing through me, from below my spine, all the way through me to above my head. From what I understand, putting attention on the crown is inviting this infinite river of energy through the body's energy channels - and if they aren't ready, the sheer force of that much purification can be debilitating. It felt like a tidal wave. I couldn't move or think. In the lessons, Yogani talks about "the fine art of housecleaning without making a mess." Well this crown opening that I had with my kundalini awakening could be described as a tornado blowing the house to pieces. Even if the crown is re-closed, there's a lot of repair work to be done afterward.

So if it is true as you say, that there are no karmic obstructions at the crown, then it appears the danger of the premature opening is in the amount of purification that can happen in other areas.

Hi JDH,

Some kundalini awakenings are caused by the premature opening of the crown chakra. But just because the kundalini flows up and through the open crown does not mean that it is a premature awakening. It could be right bang on time. The issue of whether it is premature or not, depends on the question: "did you experience pain after the awakening as a result of the level of energy in your body?" If the answer is "no" then it was a right-on-time awakening. If you experienced pain, then it was premature.

If you are experiencing pain, then you need to stabilize things before you move on. If you are not then you just carry on with the practices. Eventually your crown will open again, but things will be much more gentle than they were the first time! It will be a flow of energy that you can handle, and it will come and go at first. Before that, the lower six chakras need to be purified, which is what Deep Meditation and Spinal Breathing Pranayama are designed to do.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000