Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Head, crown and chest pressure - kundalini issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cerananda

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  10:07:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everybody,

I've been a follower of ayp for a while and was wondering if anybody has any advice for a kundalini issue.

I've been experiencing intense head pressure and chest pressure for a month now. I started off doing ayp practices for a few months, then supplemented with taoist big draw practices and 20 minute headstands daily.

The problems started 6 months after introducing the taoist practices and headstands. I was not doing enough grounding or meditation at the time.

I was just wondering, what would be the best course of action to take to back track for the lack of meditation practices over the last few months. It has been an emotional rollercoaster and a lot of negative emotions have come out.

I tried going back to IAM meditation, but I'm not sure if the IAM mantra would stimulate spinal conductivity too much. Likewise for spinal breathing.

Right now, the pressure is most at the crown, which i understand is a big no-no, and there is the issue of very shallow breathing which halts the minute I slip into sleep. Does anybody have any tips for this issue?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  07:48:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi cerenanda,

Mixing practices like Taoist and AYP can lead to unpredictable outcomes. It would be recommended to choose one or the other and stick with it.

First would be eliminating the contributing practices, so headstands should go for now if stability is your priority, they can really stimulate activity at the crown. Same with the big draw practice which is energy stimulating overall.

You can try reducing your practice time and following the principals of self-pacing and grounding as outlined in the Main lessons. One way of continuing would be to cut your DM time by 30-50%, doing the same with your spinal breathing and then doing lot's of grounding activity including walking in nature and you can also try thinking of your feet every time the inclination to check or think of the crown comes along.

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  08:19:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cerananda,

Welcome to the AYP forums.

Sounds like you kinda know what you need to do... ground the energy, eat heavier and stay away from things that ignite your bhakti.

Other thing you can try is, during the day anytime you realize you are in your thinking, bring your attention down... into your heart or solar plexus, and think from there. So any time you realize you are in your head, move your attention down.

I would not recommend mixing practices, not in the beginning at least. So if you do want to try AYP, just do AYP for a few months and get stable in those practices, before you add anything else. I would start with 10-15 min of meditation, followed by 5-10 min of rest. Then in about a week or 2 add 5 min of spinal breathing to the practice. Then stay with this till you feel completely stable, and then go to full 20 min meditation.

the "i am" mantra works along the spinal nerve and will help balance the energies between the upper part of the body and the lower part. So going with the "i am" mantra should be fine.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Wish you all the best.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  08:23:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We cross posted Anthem.

I agree with Anthem, you should skip the headstand for now.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  01:42:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've also been experiencing pressure in my crown, as of late, and I gave the targeted bastrika a try:
http://www.aypsite.org/198.html
The results were quite tangible in terms of relief of pressure in the head/crown, and also feeling a kind of pleasurable energy circulating during my subsequent meditation and daily activity.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  08:21:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

I've also been experiencing pressure in my crown, as of late, and I gave the targeted bastrika a try:
http://www.aypsite.org/198.html
The results were quite tangible in terms of relief of pressure in the head/crown, and also feeling a kind of pleasurable energy circulating during my subsequent meditation and daily activity.

Hi Bodhi Tree,
That is wonderful. Sometimes the pressure we feel in our head is not due to too much energy, but due to a lack of energy reaching the head due to blocks. If targeted bastrika helped, try Yoni Spinal Breathing. That is a good practice to balance the energy in the head.
Please do read the lesson before you add it though.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  12:58:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Splendid. I've been doing breath suspension during the chin pump, and it seems like a natural enhancement to add the finger/eye maneuver to complement my spinal breathing. It's like adding the acai berry to a smoothie with bananas and strawberries. Why not give it a little exotic Brazilian blueness?
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  9:08:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti
....during the day anytime you realize you are in your thinking, bring your attention down... into your heart or solar plexus, and think from there. So any time you realize you are in your head, move your attention down.

Out of my head, and into my solar plexus: Yes!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000