AYPsite.org Forum
 Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 Oh Boy: Another Mystery Solved!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  6:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello forumers,

Today i caught a breakthrough

For a while now I've been struggling with pain throughout the right side of my back... Over the past nine months I've been purifying another layer, and recently I really felt like I was getting down to the brass tacks.

I had to resolve the majority of the dysfunction, scar tissue and trigger points throughout the right side of the upper back and neck first.

Several days ago I was hit with incredible amounts of pain in the pelvis. Back spasms along the vertical axis on the right side of my back ensued.

Usually that means it's working!

So today, i've realized (and i've suspected this) that my pelvic bones were tilted, so that the right SI joint was way off. This, in turn, was setting off the whole chain of muscle dysfunction through that vertical axis (erector spinae, rhomboids, trapezius, levatator scapulae, scalenes, SCM).

Hooray!

So now it's hard to walk with my pelvis in the right position! But finally, the mystery is solved.

This is some old, old stuff... been around since i was very young.

In an energetic sense, i'd been feeling a lot of differences between the right side and then the central/left side. Almost as if they were separate entities!

I'm very excited about this breakthrough.

On the one hand, this is one of the last layers of purification. But on the other, it's foundational, because the misaligned pelvis is the problem. So it's interesting to see how purification is not necessarily linear.

I know this will make a big difference in my spiritual progress.

Hopefully this means that the Spirit will be moving through me with much less resistance in the weeks and months to come.

It's a new time coming on... watch out!

Please feel free to comment or add your on experiences!

dave

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2010 :  08:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations, I haven't experienced anything quite as dramatic as your experience sounds, but I find progress is often non-linear as well.

Something just seems to let go every now and then or shifts internally and suddenly there is a big leap.

Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2010 :  11:42:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dave

It is funny how body things fall into place sometimes... you work and work and work and nothing, and then one day it all makes sense.

Go to Top of Page

BuddhiHermit

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2010 :  5:23:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit BuddhiHermit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Purification is the best answer, but sometimes, a chiropractor can really help! ( with some therapeutic massage to sweeten things)

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2010 :  12:36:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you're the third person to mention that to me buddhi, i've never been to a chiropractor, it might be worth checking out.

my pelvis is moving and my muscles are adjusting. it's like learning to walk again. and now my right psoas is really really crying out. so i've obviously got some things to work through there, but i wonder if i should see the chiro to make sure my pelvis is going back to it's proper location instead of just migrating around.

do you have experience with chiros?
Go to Top of Page

BuddhiHermit

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2010 :  08:08:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit BuddhiHermit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Loads of experience with them. They are all a bit different, and those with the McTimony style are gentler, but sometimes take longer.

As it's the muscles tightening that pulls your frame out of alignment, I have often found that about 30 mins after my session, something goes back to the old way/alignment, so invariably, I schedule a deep massage session to follow the chiro, so that things stay in place. I also generally go for at least 3 sessions, although I have done a sequence of 10, with massage.

It put me in a whole new place, physically and mentally.

Deep tissue massage can also be used together with breathing for purification.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  5:19:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, i haven't gone to the chiropractor, i'm not sure that i need to.

I think it was just "me" telling "myself" to pay attention to bone position.

So far I've moved through several stages on this whole left/right pelvic things. I was just able to really stretch out these two small points on the front/back body in the same vertical/lateral location: one on the back ribs (serratus posterior inferior) and one just under the curve of the front ribs.

Those points are small in area, and the muscles there are really small and thin, but they pack quite a punch. Last night both were red hot as if someone was poking me with red-hot needles!

The stretch here feels great. There's a lot of "good pain" and some uncomfortable symptoms, and lots of headaches/bodyaches but that is the price i've been paying the past 9months with all this super deep purification.

Sorry to run on here, just writing to myself as much as anything!

Thanks again BuddhiHermit for the great information on the zodiacal chart! I'm definitely more of a believer now then i was before, there are some uncanny accuracies in the report
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000