Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 different approaches and AYP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  5:22:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm reading the Bhagavad Gita again and can begin to understand a bit more so I wondered how it related to the AYP method and how that method came about ?

In The Gita Buddhi Yoga is mentioned. Reading some more on the subject reveals an interesting similarity between the Bible, the Gita and my experience of the AYP method.

There are many common elements:

The Bible verse:

God is Spirit and they who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24). That is man has to perceive himself not as a body, but as a spirit.

This is how I perceive things now, the website I draw this from

http://www.encyclopedia-of-religion...hi_yoga.html

also indicates that we see that spirit with our spiritual eye and not our physical eye. This, after 2 years of AYP is exactly how it is for me. I can see this energy (the only thing I can think of to call it) rushing through everything including myself (or at least not a physical self). There is a smell, a taste and a colour about this energy although I cannot describe any of them.

Buddi Yoga seems the final embodyment of this, the final merging but I think there is a long way to go to reach that.

I understand that AYP contains the 8 limbs of Patanjali in a simpler, more direct way.

There are a few things that seem different, or undescribed.

There is a passage which describes not meditating on the void, or on particular things except for 'God'. Is this why 'I am' is the phrase used ? How did Yogani decide to use that ?

There is also a warning about eating animal flesh.......again, the Bible says not to eat beings that contain blood so another common link. Does this have a marked effect on the later stages of merging ?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000