AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 After Looking over Lesson 327
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  2:20:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
After a brief conversation with Yogani, I looked over lesson 327 http://www.aypsite.org/327.html

Wow, this is a great lesson. Several things fell into place for me here, and I applaud the mind-stage schematic in the lesson because it really helps to clarify how the process works. After a meditative run and then reading this, i suddenly saw the answer to my current dilemma, and then I had this intense pressure sensation in the forehead. very cool indeed!

First thing: It's interesting that for me, i seem to really grok this stuff when i experience it first, and then define intellectually later.
Advanced spiritual practice is all about leaving the mind behind... as an identity! But when we use the mind as a tool... its proper place... we can really get somewhere!

So in Lesson 327, AYP defines the mind-states and the trajectory of the Self as it winds its way through the different Witness states.

Now after my conversation with Yogani, and then reading the lesson, I realized how I was staying in Witness most of the time, and definitely dabbling in Discrimination and also sometimes Dispassion. I have been finding the Dispassion state, however, only in times that i am spending time alone, with much time to practice and without hindrance by "external" things. Easy to do at times like that, but not so much 24/7

So now i see it. I am still holding on to some things, what you might call myths, and that is holding me back from being in non-duality all the time. I'll slip back into mind as self/ego sometimes, and without really knowing it.

Ego really is insidious. It gets backed in a corner and then shows its fangs! I see now that it even tries to masquerade as the voice of the Silent Witness... though it can never authentically do it.

So again, it seems, that surrendering these "myths" to the void is the path to freedom. So simple, but it's also so subtle!

I will be ramping up the Samyama and Self-Inquiry to the next level... and now these myths will be exposed to be false!

Lots of thanks to Yogani who helped me expose the beam in my eye...

Anyone care to comment? Have you read Lesson 327?

peace!

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  3:38:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like how you use the word 'grok'
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  4:00:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hehehehe! It just came out... I think it's from Stranger In A Strange Land. I saw the book cover the other day, so it was in my mind i suppose. Haven't read it in years, but great book!

Analysing the word, grok is a combination of knowing & perceiving... that is, knowing through the spirit, and perceiving through the intellect.

Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  6:35:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ive noticed you use it before in posts, very fitting word, great book too!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000