Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Need I self-pace now?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  08:26:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Shanti,

Since the massive energy movements started a couple of months ago, it has now stabilised. The energy movement now extends to every cell in the body, but more in the head and fontanelle area, and happens throughout the time I am doing SBP, and it is not overwhelming as it was initially. In the begining, the energy movement was only if I paused at the top, and would subside at the end of the out-breath, but now it is there throughout, more or less till I complete SBP.
Of course, I don't get distracted and persist with the SBP.

My question is : Do I need to self-pace, or stop/reduce SBP duration so as to bring down the energy movements? I am addressing this to you since I know you have gone through a similar phase some time ago.

Krish

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  11:00:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish,

Do you feel pressure in your head during the day? Do you feel like your head is about to explode? Do you feel sad and depressed? Do you feel uncomfortable during the day? Is the excess pressure affecting how you go about your day and/or how you interact with people?

There is really no need to be afraid of energy. Like Yogani says" Kundalini awakening is a partnership between ourselves and the divine."

Make sure you don't put attention on your crown chakra too much and make sure spinal breathing happens from root to third eye not the crown.

It does not sound like you are in any form of discomfort. So I would suggest keep going. If you feel the energy is making you uncomfortable during your practice or during the day, then self pace. Comfort is the key... there is no braving excess kundalini symptoms to get somewhere, there is honoring the energy and being aware of its powers but enjoying it and using it wisely to progress in our path. You are the captain of your inner journey... sail wisely.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  2:03:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the thing, its totally up to you.

How much pranic energy can you take? It may depend on the circumstances of you life at the moment.

Sometimes i don't mind buzzing head to toe and rocking back and forth for several hours a day. And other times, it would definitely get in the way of my active life.

One thing to remember: symptoms usually get worse when you try to go to bed. If you can still sleep, you can keep it up. If you're having trouble keeping to your normal schedule, it can be wise to self pace judiciously.

I happen to agree with AYP teachings here: Self pacing should be implemented in order to avoid disruption to your normal life. Spirit doesn't care whether you have to get up for work in the morning.

best wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2010 :  01:15:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish,

It sounds like you are doing fine. As Shanti says, if you are not in discomfort, then there is no need to cut back on practices.

One thing I would mention is, it could be a good time to stop the pause at the top and bottom of SBP if you are still doing that. If I remember rightly, it is only mentioned as an AYP practice for people who feel they are under-sensitive to energy. It sounds like you are not in that category any more, so it could be good to leave it out. Yogani deliberately left it out of the basic AYP SBP practice because he felt that it was too much of an energy stimulator.

Later on, when you feel comfortable working with the energy, and you know you have got room to play around a bit, you could add it back in without much worry. If your practice routine is still the same as we discussed a while back then you have lots to work with anyway.

Good to hear things are progressing well.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2010 :  03:38:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Tonightsthenight and Christi. Grateful for your encouragement.
Tonightsthenight, I dont have to "go to work" any more, but I still follow a tight schedule everyday from 6.00 am till I go to bed at 11.00 pm. A good part of this is dedicated to "The Practices".
My energy movements are currently restricted only to the duration of my SBP practice. On somebody's suggestion( since I was under-sensitive for a long time), I paused at the "top" for as long as 10 secs. on each cycle, waiting for the energy movement to build up to a "cresendo", but on the understanding that the energy stuff was a "distraction", I have stopped it.

My question is : Is allowing the energy movements to continue for longer spells( without getting distracted from the basic practice) helping to clear more obstructions? If yes, then, like you suggest, it makes sense to endure more energy movement. When you say, "circunstances of my life", what exactly do you mean?

One fear is that if I let it go on, it may lead to some "blow-up", and set back all the "progress" I seem to have made.
From what you say,(allowing the buzzing to go on for several hours),do I take itthat you practice SBP for several hours at a time. Or, does the buzzing continue much after your sitting practices? Just trying to understant what may be other milestones to look for.
Krish

Edited by - krcqimpro1 on Oct 10 2010 1:22:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2010 :  3:37:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the thing Krcqimpro,

The more time you spend purifying (assuming you can "handle" it), the faster the purification process will go.

However, if the purification process goes too fast and your physical body cannot dispose of the toxins, and your pranic body cannot handle the energetic changes, then it can be a one step forward, two steps back situation.

At times I am quite aggressive; pushing it to the limit. It's a razors edge, as they say. You have to find that balance point yourself.

"circumstance of one's life" refers to what is going on for you at the moment: Are you sick? Fatigued? Do you have to work 60 hours a week? Do you have dependents to take care of?

Purification happens within the physical and energetic bodies, but it also happens within the external. Physical and physiological trials are part of the process, and purification results in the release of karma. One can be hit hard by too much karmic debt being released too quickly!

As far as whether i do SBP.... everyone is different here. Regardless of what i do, i have high pranic activity. It only gets "crazy", like buzzing head to toe, during times of purification. At those times, yes, the activity continues with or without practice 24 hours a day. Purification is not a voluntary thing for me. For some people the purification is precipitated by bahkti and desire. For others, it is an inevitable process.

Best wishes!
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2010 :  03:13:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, tonightsthenight.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000