Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Breathing through both nostrils...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

machi

Belgium
35 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2010 :  05:37:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit machi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have noticed that for several days I'm mainly breathing through both nostrils, and shortly put, I'm not sure whether this indicates something or not (i.e. should I proceed in a certain fashion or not).

I usually breath through one nostril (ida or pingala) and only during the change of one to the other, I breath through both nostrils at the same time. I noticed that, since Saturday, I'm breathing mainly through both nostrils at the same time. I also noticed that there is no 50/50 division during exhalation, i.e. air flow through one nostril seems to dominate over the other, so let's say something like 25/75. This certainly was never the case before! I check at regular intervals (at least once an hour), and only occasionally air flows through only nostril.

I have also noticed an internal accumulation of "unresolved tension". I feel more relaxed and tense at the same time. Paradox? The tension is both outed physically and mentally. Physically, in that I feel stimulated. Mentally, in that I inflate some issues drastically, even though there is no need to.

I'm not exactly worried, only preoccupied I would appreciate comments on how (not) to proceed. Perhaps this is a quite common phenomenon that I'm not aware off...

My practice: I do a daily sitting of 45-60min. I do several short meditations with breath retention exercises inbetween. So I may do a visualisation meditation for 10min, followed by 3 breath retention exercises, followed by another meditation, etc. In one exercise, breath is retained in the hearth chackra; in another in the crown chackra; and Uddiyana. I usually do one or two of each and proceed to a meditation.

The only thing that I did different recently (Thursday) was masturbate without ejaculation by blocking Muladhare and attempt to redirect the energy through the spine. It was the first time I tried this. I felt somewhat uneasy for many hours afterwards because of strange sensations in Muladhara - I never felt it that clear before.

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2010 :  2:37:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Seems some entrances into sushumna are partly open, the feelings fit into it too. Just a hint for you that your practices are working. Don't think that it will be 100/100 very soon. Most probably it will play around, but generally it is going into the direction of having more and more perfect health and open nostrils together with rising nonduality.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000